Paul
Southee
Lee
UncleHuey
William
Brucetiki
12 posters

Go down

Round 1: South v Glenelg - Friday 25 March @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Round 1: South v Glenelg - Friday 25 March @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:44 pm

South v Glenelg
Friday 25 March 2016
Hickinbotham Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Broadcast: Channel 7

South's season unravelled late last season, ultimately finishing in 6th place, while Glenelg had another early finish to their season. Who will start their season with a win.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 1: South v Glenelg - Friday 25 March @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 1: South v Glenelg - Friday 25 March @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by bayman Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:54 pm

very confident Glenelg will over run South in the second half after a tight first half, bays by 38 points, Kirkby, Alleway & Eddy all with 5 goals each
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Round 1: South v Glenelg - Friday 25 March @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 1: South v Glenelg - Friday 25 March @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by William Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:53 am

South by about 5 goals, should be interesting to see how Glenelg's forward line goes with the inclusion of Kirkby.
William
William

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:23 pm

Panthers midfield to ensure a victory by the length of the Lonsdale Highway.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:09 pm

The Bays to win by 20 points.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:12 pm

South haven't recruited much, but they look pretty solid, with good midfield and forward options.

The Bays forward line looks very dangerous, but they look a bit thin elsewhere.

I think Lokan has them heading in the right direction, but they'll need a bit of patience.

South, with Gotch earning his fee, by 4 or 5 goals.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:38 pm

The pessimistic South supporter I am makes me slightly worried about games like this.....big build up, TV coverage, expectations etc...

Would have been more confident if this was played at the Bay Oval.

That said, mid field and having Tom Fields do a kick of 2 players should get us over the line.

South by 2 goals.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:05 am

God knows. Glenelg by 3
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:58 pm

Good to see the game back at Noarlunga as South had the guts to take a risk and it worked.

South will be looking to bounce back after a disappointing finish to last year while Glenelg will look to continue on from their solid 2nd half of last year.

South to win by about 28 points.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:22 pm

BloodnTars wrote:Good to see the game back at Noarlunga as South had the guts to take a risk and it worked.

it is being rotated yearly between Glenelg & Noarlunga
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:42 pm

Massive crowd in at Hickinbotham, - 9438 was the official figure

South Adelaide: 13.7 - 85
def
Glenelg: 11.10 - 76
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:01 pm

for Glenelg it started off brilliantly with a 3 goals to no score first 5 or 6 minutes, with young Josh Koster kicking 2 of them in his first match after that South then controlled the game/tempo until ''lemon time'' & i don't know what was said but all of a sudden our intensity lifted & we controlled the last quarter but couldn't kick enough goals, had you told me before the game started we'd be 2 points down into the wind at quarter time & hold South scoreless in the last term i would have taken that & expected a win, we're definitely an improved team & heading in the right direction, the umpiring well we weren't crucified but i think South got the better end of the soft or 50/50 free kicks & ffs get rid of this ludicrous out of bounds kick, players from both teams yelling out ''leave it leave it'' so they get the ball is an indictment of our game

quarter by quarter scores

South 4.2.26 6.6.42 13.7.85 13.7.85

Glenelg 4.0.24 6.4.40 9.7.61 11.10.76
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:28 pm

Was an entertaining game on the Box. Great to have SANFL footy on Good Friday
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:28 pm

South debuted two first gamers today, Cameron Hitchcock and Rigby Barnes. Cameron came in fifth place for his stats and Barnes in tenth place for our team list. Great effort from two lads who are a real chance at owning their spots on the league list.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:00 am

Ben W wrote:South debuted two first gamers today, Cameron Hitchcock and Rigby Barnes. Cameron came in fifth place for his stats and Barnes in tenth place for our team list. Great effort from two lads who are a real chance at owning their spots on the league list.

i think its fair to say that Hitchcock isn't a 'first gamer' per experience, obviously was his first game for South, he did what he usually does, i was far more impressed with Rigby he had calmness of a player with 40+ games under his belt, as did young Koster for Glenelg
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:36 pm

Interesting to see young Koster debuting for the bays.....surely adding to the angst that has existed between these 2 clubs for the last 20-30 years.
What type of player is he?..has he got tunnel ball legs?..his kick, can get within 10m of his intended target? does he have future as a male model? Rolling Eyes
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:43 pm

waddayamean wrote:He looked OK and kicked 2 good goals (3 in total I think) . Only 18 and light with straight legs . Very Happy

yep & could pass for a jockey
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down