bayman
Chambo Off To Work We Go
countrycousin
UncleHuey
Paul
Brucetiki
11 posters

Go down

Round 2: Sturt v Adelaide - Saturday 12 April @ Envestra Park Empty Round 2: Sturt v Adelaide - Saturday 12 April @ Envestra Park

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:45 pm

Sturt v Adelaide

Saturday 12 April
Envestra Park

League: 2:10pm

Last Week:
Sturt 12.12.84 d Glenelg 6.5.41 @ Gliderol Stadium
Adelaide 12.14.86 lost to North 20.13.133 @ Prospect Oval

Ladder Position
Sturt - 1st 1-0 67.20%
Adelaide - 7th 0-1 39.27%

Will Sturt pick up where they left off last week, or will Adelaide win their maiden match in the SANFL?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 2: Sturt v Adelaide - Saturday 12 April @ Envestra Park Empty Re: Round 2: Sturt v Adelaide - Saturday 12 April @ Envestra Park

Post by Paul Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:37 pm

Sturt by 39
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Round 2: Sturt v Adelaide - Saturday 12 April @ Envestra Park Empty Re: Round 2: Sturt v Adelaide - Saturday 12 April @ Envestra Park

Post by UncleHuey Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:44 pm

The Double Blues by 4 goals
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:26 pm

I preferred it last week, when we were underdogs.  Laughing  I was impressed by Adelaide, when we played them in a trial, a few weeks back. They played some pretty slick football, so we certainly can't take them for granted. I'll always stick by my Blues, but they'll need to bring their best game every week.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:55 pm

Lewis Johnston kicked 7 against Sturt last year when playing for North and 7 in that trial game a month ago.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:29 pm

Hopefully he gets promoted to a disfunctioning Crows AFL forward line.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:46 pm

sapaul wrote:Lewis Johnston kicked 7 against Sturt last year when playing for North and 7 in that trial game a month ago.
Don't remind me. I was there both times. Mad He only kicked 4 points last week against North. I reckon they must have slipped him something before the game. Suspect
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:54 pm

i was impressed with Sturts ability to run & create space last week, i haven't seen Adelaide yet but i would think Sturt at home by 4 or 5 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:04 pm

Sturt by 3-4 goals at home.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:31 pm

Sturt

F: Bartlett, Duldig, Krause
HF: Kelly, Evans, Hansen
C: Calabrese, Kirkwood, Kane
HB: Tambling, Coad, Harms
B: Page, Stephens, Beard

R: Kurtze, Greenslade, Gore
INT: Penfold, Crocker, Hinge, Wilson, Watt

Adelaide

F: Callinan, Johnston, Osborn
HF: Cameron, McKernan, Lynch
C: Martin, Lyons, Grigg
HB: Brown, Shaw, Ellis-Yolmen
B: Atkins, Thompson, Kelly

R: Graham, Battersby, Spina
INT: Thompson, Davis-Neale, Porplyzia, Knight, Siggins
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:32 pm

sapaul wrote:Sturt by 39

Gonna do a 13 goal backflip.

Adelaide by 39.
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:22 pm

I will tip Adelaide to win, like there forward setup.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:24 pm

Agreed, Adelaide's forward line looks solid. I reckon they might sneak up in a close one.

Will be interesting to see if there are any Adelaide fans at the game given that the AFL side is playing away this weekend.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:12 pm

Maybe 4000 of them. hic!
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugsy+1 Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:06 pm

A few observations from today's game at Unley.

Hardly any Crows fans at the game - can only assume Wedgie and his mates have scared them off for the season. But then I would no more travel all over Adelaide to see Sturt Reserves play unless I had a direct connection to the club or a player.

Due to the lack of Crows noise they got ignored by the umps. Just 3 frees paid to the Crows up to 3/4 time. No crowd noise screaming for "Holding the ball" or "Holding the man" etc means that many Crows frees that were there were simply waved as play on by the umps.

Due to the youth of many of the Crows players they were consistently out muscled or out marked in many one on one contests against Sturt today. Yes they won the last quarter but by then the atmosphere of the game resembled a club internal trial between Blue and White with a smattering of polite applause whenever White kicked a goal.

Can't see Crows Reserves finishing in the top 8.
Bugsy+1
Bugsy+1

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:16 pm

Just wondering why would the umpires not give a free kick just because they can't hear the crowd yelling, that scenario would be played out at every game played in the suburbs on any Saturday, hardly a reason for not paying a side a free kick if it is there.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:53 pm

the prowler wrote:Maybe 4000 of them. hic!

Would have been lucky if there was 400 today.
And 75% of them would be under 10!
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:03 pm

I just don't get this AFL style footy.

You've got a Johnston, Lynch, McKernan, Callinan in your forward line and yet persist in having them behind the centreline for the most part.

You chip it around sideways and all over the place because the forward line is a vacant space with nobody to kick to.

And you call this a game plan must be developed into your second tier players.

My god, is there any sense anywhere in what both versions of the Crows are trying to do to play positive constructive footy?

At this rate neither of them will win a game.

I have seen the main Crows the last two weeks. And watching the reserves outfit emulate the way the afl mob are going in their forward line, Both of them are doing four fifths of bugger all in their forward 50.

And added to that, the rest of them turned the ball over just as badly as Sando's boys.

So I guess you would say the system of having them play the same is working perfectly.  Wink
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:28 pm

Obviously all Sturt supporters are very happy with both the result, and the way our boys played. We haven't looked that sharp, clean with the hands and accurate in disposal for quite a while. Other than an early trial game, that was my first real look at the Crows reserves. I was wary of them before the game started, and 15 minutes into the first quarter, I thought we were going to have a real fight on our hands. But from that point on, Sturt took complete control of the game and the Crows looked very ordinary. Like Chambo, I simply couldn't see the point of their tactics. Flooding everyone; quite literally, every single player, into Sturt's forward zone every time we went into attack made no sense at all. I was also surprised at the number of unforced errors from Crows players.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:02 am

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Would have been lucky if there was 400 today.

A few adults must have taken alot of kids.  Rolling Eyes 
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:37 am

sapaul wrote:
Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Would have been lucky if there was 400 today.

A few adults must have taken alot of kids.  Rolling Eyes 

Obviously not, but the crows colours observed were all on very short people!
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down