countrycousin
bayman
Big Phil
Southee
Ben W
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The South Adelaide Football Club.  - Page 2 Empty Re: The South Adelaide Football Club.

Post by blueandwhite Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:48 pm

bayman wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Nick Murphy and Josh Thewlis announced Co-Captains for South Adelaide in season 2014...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2388/

with Nick, this is good to see given the farcical reason he lost the captaincy last year

what "farcical" reason would that be...?? - the reason I heard given was far from farcical.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

The South Adelaide Football Club.  - Page 2 Empty Re: The South Adelaide Football Club.

Post by bayman Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:45 pm

blueandwhite wrote:
bayman wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Nick Murphy and Josh Thewlis announced Co-Captains for South Adelaide in season 2014...

with Nick, this is good to see given the farcical reason he lost the captaincy last year

what "farcical" reason would that be...?? - the reason I heard given was far from farcical.

without putting anyone in i'll say apparently he was caught in traffic & rang through that he was caught in traffic & will be there asap, this was during pre season on a public holiday, as i said farcical, b&w, i would be pleased to hear the 'other side' for balance
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:08 pm

blueandwhite wrote:
bayman wrote:

With you there B&W Wink
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:50 pm

bayman wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:
bayman wrote:

without putting anyone in i'll say apparently he was caught in traffic & rang through that he was caught in traffic & will be there asap, this was during pre season on a public holiday, as i said farcical, b&w, i would be pleased to hear the 'other side' for balance  

..sorry Bayman, but that incident paled into insignificance compared to another earlier one. Anyway I think youll find Nick to his credit played most of the league games last year, after losing the captaincy. He was releived of the captaincy but was not sacked by our previous coach.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:21 pm

thanks b&w, always good to hear the other side to the story, i understand you can't be more informative (reason) than that
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by StrayDog Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:31 pm

Southee wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
Southee wrote:We need an outsider to be a success
Do you?

Roy Laird was a former player that was appointed coach...

Worked for them but has been tried before and ended in tears .....Crying or Very sad 
Another thing is that a major change of attitude and approach was already underway at Centrals starting pretty much soon after Kerley and Stewie took over, which had already reaped the rewards with five GFs for two flags and a hunger for more before Roy finished his apprenticeship (as it were) in the reserves.

If I've read Ben W right, I think what he was suggesting Jarman as having someone in charge at South that could at least get them to the stage where they have structure in place to build some momentum, not just internally but with an external skeleton of support for the club.  Even if the flags aren't immediate.

NB: I realise this is in response to part of the thread from last year so pardon my indulgence.
StrayDog

My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:52 pm

StrayDog wrote:If I've read Ben W right, I think what he was suggesting Jarman as having someone in charge at South that could at least get them to the stage where they have structure in place to build some momentum, not just internally but with an external skeleton of support for the club.  Even if the flags aren't immediate.

NB: I realise this is in response to part of the thread from last year so pardon my indulgence.

No worries there!

So time has moved on since Oct 13 when this thread was posted, we have ex Pt Adelaide Power assistant Coach Brad Gotch on board as coach. Recruiting has been quiet, a couple of good lads brought into the club several players have left the club in the same time. I am not sure I can say with any real confidence that our ins match our outs, yet by the same token I am of the belief that if a player does not want to be there, then moving them on will be the best thing.

I still do not change my prediction that I think that South will occupy a bottom place on the ladder this year. I would absolutley love to be proven wrong, yet the list we have appears on value to be a step backwards from last season and we are working around a system of again buiding juniors into the club. Think it will be a long hard year at South.

I also stand by that comment that I would have like to see Andrew Jarman given the Senior Job at South. What we are doing this season is no different to what we have done several times before. No offence to Brad Gotch who was a great choice, yet I do think that the key for South to actually overcome is for the Senior Coach to have the capacity to address some of the longer term problems at the club with different methods and ideas. Gotch does not strike me as someone who I would turn to in order to address those issues, but again I am happy to be proven wrong..
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by blueandwhite Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:05 am

waddayamean wrote:Laird certainly inherited a good team and good squad.Mid range team now and will be a club with future struggles which was evident in the middle of their amazing domination.
South just keep looking at the coach as the problem. So frustrating this club. The handouts and free run they got and they still can't produce.

What " handouts and free run""....would they be....?? Shocked 
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:23 pm

From the SAFC,

This Saturday the 8th of March is our first trial game against Port Adelaide at Alberton Oval at 9:45am. Port Power will be playing St Kilda at Alberton at 12:30pm. Port Adelaide are happy to offer All Members of The South Adelaide Football Club FREE entry in order to see us take on Port at 9:45am up until half time of the SANFL game! You must present your SAFC Membership card at the Membership Counter inside the Port Club to redeem a ticket!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:46 pm

good call that

now if i want to go & just watch the first game will they let me in for free ? because i wont pay that much money for a trial game
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:03 pm

Dont hold your breath..............

Anyone wearing Souths colours should be allowed in for free, its not as if other football followers have them in their cupboards, anyway with a bit of luck we should be able to get a park pretty close to the gate at that time of the morning....
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:22 am

the prowler wrote:Dont hold your breath..............

Anyone wearing Souths colours should be allowed in for free, its not as if other football followers have them in their cupboards, anyway with a bit of luck we should be able to get a park pretty close to the gate at that time of the morning....

have it on reasonable authority that South will not be playing 7-8 of their first pick players, instead having a look at the newbies and wannabes..might not take too much from this game..
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2