blueandwhite
howthewestwaswon
scorpion
eartotheground
Lee
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ron Fuller Leaves South Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: Ron Fuller Leaves South Adelaide

Post by countrycousin Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:28 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:If it has panned out this way then South's administration is a little immature in the ways of contract making.

Nobody gets a 5 year deal these days and it was always likely to end in tears.

He was supposed to be the great Messiah that they now seemingly are trying to nail.

We've had our own share of problems with great Messiah's, over the years at Unley. haven't we Chambo?  Laughing 
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Ron Fuller Leaves South Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: Ron Fuller Leaves South Adelaide

Post by blueandwhite Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:36 pm

countrycousin wrote:
Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:If it has panned out this way then South's administration is a little immature in the ways of contract making.

Nobody gets a 5 year deal these days and it was always likely to end in tears.

He was supposed to be the great Messiah that they now seemingly are trying to nail.

We've had our own share of problems with great Messiah's, over the years at Unley. haven't we Chambo?  Laughing 

Not sure that you could call the SAFC board.."immature" in any regard. This board has had anumber of difficult issues to deal with in the last 12 months -including this particular one. Ive nothing but praise for the way they have gone about their business in the last 12 months in difficult times.
As somene who has been ultra critical of The SAFC board in the past I have nothing but praise for the current incumbents. The Fuller issue was a difficult one and I have the utmost faith that the board have done and are doing the the right thing by the club on this issue.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:15 pm

I think the 5 years was a mistake in the first place. You really can't lock in a coach for that long. If he succeeds (Like Bassett) he's likely to want to chase a place in the AFL. If he doesn't succeed, the club is going to be looking for an out before 5 years are up. It seems that, in Ron's case, the relationship soured and both parties wanted out. The fact that he's taken up a job as U18 coach at Sturt, shows he still has a passion for coaching young players. But not for the pressures and club politics, that inevitably go with being a full time, senior coach. As blueandwhite says. A previous board made the initial mistake, but it's the current directors who have to deal with the fallout. We know a bit about that at Sturt too.  Rolling Eyes
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2