bayman
mark beswick
blueandwhite
Thiele
Paul
countrycousin
16 posters

Go down

Round 1 5th April -  South Adelaide v West Adelaide Empty Round 1 5th April - South Adelaide v West Adelaide

Post by countrycousin Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:20 pm

Night Game Hickinbotham Oval 7.10 pm
Too hard for me, as I haven't seen either team

Last edited by countrycousin on Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Round 1 5th April -  South Adelaide v West Adelaide Empty Re: Round 1 5th April - South Adelaide v West Adelaide

Post by Paul Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:31 pm

West by 3
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Round 1 5th April -  South Adelaide v West Adelaide Empty Re: Round 1 5th April - South Adelaide v West Adelaide

Post by Thiele Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:52 pm

All 4 grades on the same place
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:31 pm

Last time these 2 sides met West demolished a disinterested distracted and disillusioned South in what was Ron Fullers last game as coach.
havent seen West this year yet but I suspect they'll be around the mark.
Ive seen South in 3 trials and Im very impressed. Amazing what a new coach and a 21st century game plan can do; and a positive message as well.
South have been racked with long term injury to key players but it seems those who have replaced them have grasped their opportunity showing South has depth!!..wow!! South have picked up a few more than handy recruits as well and they will surprise a few.
There are several South players who have developed dramatically under the new coach . i expect South to win and I'll also tip South to make the finals as well.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:03 pm

West have a massive amount of injuries too - Many expected to be ok by rd 3 but rd 1....?
South might start favourites
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:47 pm

South to win by 5 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Wongdo Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:45 pm

South for me
Wongdo
Wongdo

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:38 pm

Again having seen neither team this is guesswork. Close game but Bloods to just sneak home.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:50 pm

If South can take half their trial game form into the first game, they will roll West easily.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:04 am

Although West had 10 or 12 first choice players out, their trial game form was still pretty good. A win against Norwood and a last ten minute loss to Glenelg wasn't shabby either.

South would need to win, as whatever West do early, they'll be vastly stronger after a few rounds.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:07 am

redandblack wrote:Although West had 10 or 12 first choice players out, their trial game form was still pretty good. A win against Norwood and a last ten minute loss to Glenelg wasn't shabby either.

South would need to win, as whatever West do early, they'll be vastly stronger after a few rounds.

The last time these 2 sides met, towards the end of last season, West defeated South by a margin just shy of 20 goals......

If I was a West supporter I would think WEST NEED TO WINCool 
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:54 pm

South to win by 6-7 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:22 pm

South Adelaide to get off to an early win, the Panthers by three goals.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:13 pm

South have been ordinary at home recently but a new season and a new coach hopefully means a new attitude.
South at hoem by a couple of goals
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:07 pm

South by 4 to 5 goals

.... But not that confident with that tip.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:14 pm

Too many out for The Bloods at the moment. The Panthers to win this one.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:16 pm

West to get up for Daniel Caire 150th
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:51 pm

can someone more knowledgable than me tell me why South are $1.55 & West $2.40 on the tab ?..........can't believe there is that much gap between them
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:26 pm

bayman wrote:can someone more knowledgable than me tell me why South are $1.55 & West $2.40 on the tab ?..........can't believe there is that much gap between them

a pretty good question....
I guess going on the results of trials Souths form is good... but....we also won 3 trials last year... and 2013 all ended in tears.....!! and the last time these 2 sides met South went down by a margin of almost 20 goals!

very strange..
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:05 pm

blueandwhite wrote:
bayman wrote:can someone more knowledgable than me tell me why South are $1.55 & West $2.40 on the tab ?..........can't believe there is that much gap between them

a pretty good question....
I guess going on the results of trials Souths form is good... but....we also won 3 trials last year... and 2013 all ended in tears.....!! and the last time these 2 sides met South went down by a margin of almost 20 goals!

very strange..

obviously given the result they should have had them wider apart, personally i had them $1.80 equal favourites  Embarassed 
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:28 pm

South Adelaide 14.16 -100 defeated
West Adelaide 8.3-51

Best Players: B. Eddy, K. Brooksby, J. Veide, F. Dale and J. Thewlis and N. Murphy

Goals: B. Eddy 4, M. Rose 2, F. Dale 1, J. Veide 1, K. Brooksby 1, N. Liddle 1, N. Daniel 1, B. Macleod 1, D. Bass 1 and L. Boyd 1.

All players have obviously bought in on the new Gotch game plan, and clearly are on the same page and most importantly playing for each other.
if you could be critical...we really should have won by a bigger margin. The 2 middle quarters saw us dominate possession with only moderate reward on the scoreboard.
Still plenty of improvement required..but gee, what a great start to 2014.

blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by lachlan Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:19 am

Being a bloods supporter it was disappointing but expected. Not an excuse but a fact that Given we have at least a dozen first choice players out injured I would think any side would struggle.
We play the Eagles on Friday night and we need to get some quality players back ASAP
lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:33 pm

The Panthers used the ball much better than the Bloods and had targets up forward time and time again--there pace was very good and foot skills as well.

The outcome was no surprise for me and with many players to come back into the Bloods side in the coming weeks I look forward to much improvement.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down