The Wrap Up: North v Glenelg @ Prospect Oval

4 posters

Go down

The Wrap Up: North v Glenelg @ Prospect Oval Empty The Wrap Up: North v Glenelg @ Prospect Oval

Post by Admin Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:18 pm

North 3.2 3.5 6.8 6.10.46
Glenelg 3.1 8.4 14.9 17.11.113

We all knew North were in a form slump, but not only did they end Glenelg's extended losing streak, they lost to Glenelg by 67 points. What is going wrong at North? Can Glenelg use this win to spark a couple of late season wins and end the season on a bit of a high?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: North v Glenelg @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: The Wrap Up: North v Glenelg @ Prospect Oval

Post by bayman Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:54 pm

with the exception of last week where was that for the last 3 months ?

in hindsight perhaps since the Port match we have been on the improve

it was an outstanding team effort & a full 4 quarter effort to boot, every player did their job

i watched North last week & thought without Johnson they struggled to score, perhaps no Johnson no North, the $6.00 win today was gratefully received & the +38.5 points was never ever in doubt

for those that went at what stage of the match did you think we were home & hosed winners ?

my brother & son both said at the main break that Glenelg were certain to win, but i wasn't certain until 12 minutes into the third term

----------------------------------------------------------------

when you run, create, take on & go long you get opportunities & win games & while you won't win every match you'll win alot more than you lose so can we please have that effort & commitment every week please

i thought the umpiring was first class today & i noticed Jeff Gieschen was in attendance
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: North v Glenelg @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: The Wrap Up: North v Glenelg @ Prospect Oval

Post by BloodnTars Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:25 pm

Great summary Bayman.

I was at the game as a neutral and was pleasantly surprised by how well Glenelg played and how poor North were. Always thought that North were going to come back but it didn't eventuate. North desperately missed Johnston and Langford IMO. How Boras can't get a game ahead of Westhoff and Archer I will never know. Must have had close to 15 shots at goal today in the reserves (only kicked 5 goals though). Gordon looks to have gone backwards after a fantastic start to the year. Reckon today was the best game I've seen from Davenport. Never seen him work so hard. Gave Gallman a bath.

Well done tigers and reckon they are a chance of getting off the bottom. North will be hoping they can get Johnston back otherwise I can't see them getting past Centrals in a knockout final especially after last years debacle.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:56 pm

Johnston makes a 10 goal difference to Norths structure -

mark beswick
mark beswick

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:07 pm

i was at the other end of the ground  but 'they' tell me some high profile North supporters got into a 'heated exchange' with each other Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

i meant to add it calmed down only when security arrived
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down