The Wrap Up: North v South @ Prospect Oval

+3
the prowler
bayman
Admin
7 posters

Go down

The Wrap Up: North v South @ Prospect Oval Empty The Wrap Up: North v South @ Prospect Oval

Post by Admin Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:49 pm

North 3.4 10.6 17.11 26.11.167
South 2.3 3.4    6.8    8.14.62

After winning three of their past four matches, South come crashing back down to earth with a huge loss to a rampaging North Adelaide, who were ruthless in their destruction of South.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: North v South @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: The Wrap Up: North v South @ Prospect Oval

Post by bayman Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:45 pm

North brilliant, South woeful, perhaps Wundke won his position with 4 goals but he was the only South player that actually won his position, yes Liddle & Cross got some ball but were nowhere near damaging enough....North on the other hand had winners all over the ground, i thought Thiele was probably their best player but i couldn't argue with anyone who thought others were Norths best as it was basically a ''all played well'' scenario
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: North v South @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: The Wrap Up: North v South @ Prospect Oval

Post by the prowler Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:07 pm

105 point thrashing, out played in the running and delivering to your player, moving the ball into space, winning the ball from the rugby scrums, constructive handballs, winning positions all over the ground and any other descriptive words you care to add, sums up Souths total lack of mental attitude today.

I hope the South people who got Fuller the job are busy looking for a loop hole to get rid of him before his methods destroy the club completely.

Winning 3 out of 4 games was nothing to get excited about, all it did was give the faithful a false glimmer of hope. The results from the last 2 rounds in the Under 18's has been thrashings by 296 points to 21 points, the reserves have lost by good margins in the last two weeks. This has to reflect on the game plan handed down from the senior coaching panel, it is simply not working, no where near good enough to be competitive in the second best competition in the land.

Are South supporters angry, you bet we are and now we are demanding that something is going to happen to lift the spirits of the supporters, members, sponsors, because as sure as hell many will drop away next season.

Amen
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:13 pm

Scoreboard tells the story.
We were weak, insipid and disinterested.
Players played with no pride in their own performance and no pride in the jumper.
North were good but not that good, we were unaccountable and not willing to chase or stick a tackle.
Our skills were that of a B grade country team and we gifted North perhaps 8 goals from turnovers.
Cant think of anyone who won their position, the likes of Cross and Liddle were smashed everytime they got near the footy and often when they were not-No flag flying or remonstrating with the offenders; no -just bent over the kitchen table and took it.
This long time supporter is running thin on patience.

blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:36 pm

Looks like another wasted year.

South have had so many false new eras, but it looks like it's well past time for a clean out, a new coach, a new look at player development, zone work, management, the lot.

Today's result is totally unacceptable.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by leslieN Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:26 pm

blueandwhite wrote:North were good but not that good

Really? After a less than acceptable first quarter North got out of second gear and won by 105 points with at least 5 first choice players not on the park?

How good should they be if they are not that good?
leslieN
leslieN

My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:13 pm

leslieN wrote:

Really?  After a less than acceptable first quarter North got out of second gear and won by 105 points with at least 5 first choice players not on the park?

Oh sorry!!!...

would you prefer me to say that South were great today...?
.. pretty difficult to assess where North are at because they had little or no resistance. Im pretty sure your coach would agree with me.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:46 am

leslieN wrote:

Really?  After a less than acceptable first quarter North got out of second gear and won by 105 points with at least 5 first choice players not on the park?

I'm sure I've seen this exact post somewhere else. Still, happy to see it on this "hand-holding" site.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down