The Wrap Up: Eagles v Sturt @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

+2
the prowler
Admin
6 posters

Go down

The Wrap Up: Eagles v Sturt @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty The Wrap Up: Eagles v Sturt @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Admin Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:36 pm

Eagles 4.2 7.7 7.11 9.15.69
Sturt 3.0 6.2 9.4 13.6.84

Sturt respond from their very poor performance against Norwood last week to defeat a wayward kicking Eagles outfit. Despite 5 more scoring shots from the Eagles, they go down by 15 points.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Eagles v Sturt @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Eagles v Sturt @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by the prowler Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:20 pm

Well done Sturt, giving your supporters something during a bad season, shows you do have some ticker, The Eagles on todays performance wont surprise if it slips out of contention in the next couple of weeks,
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Eagles v Sturt @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Eagles v Sturt @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Ben W Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:56 pm

Traditionally WWT play Woodville very well, to see Sturt get up and win is not what I expected to see, yet good luck to them anyway!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:28 am

It was good to see McIntyre respond to some criticism during the weekof his lacklustre recent form. Much improved workrate and was rewarded with 4 goals.

And the same for most of the Blues who did lift the workrate.

I think the game was reasonably even and the Eagles had their scoring chances. Perhaps the Blues kicked a bit straighter when it counted.

Despite Sturt getting the better of the free kick count, I reckon there were some absolute howlers made by the umps. They did go both ways, but fair dinkum, what those blokes think they are doing just leaves the whole crowd gobsmacked sometimes.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:35 am

And well done I reckon to the Eagles who had local community groups out with their tents signing people up to various things and a conspicuous family friendly area complete with the jumpy castle.

Had a good feel about it in terms of getting the families in and keeping the kids happy.

The ground was in excellent nick given the weather during July. But I think Woodville has always been good and doesn't get very muddy. So that helped the overall spectacle and flow of the game, along with a decent northerly.

Pity only 2100 were out there to see it.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:50 pm

how many people used the yellow pamphlets that were given out during the week which had free admission & vouchers for free food etc on it ??
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:20 pm

seems to be the theme from clubs now, freebies to make the numbers swell.

Good ploy by the marketing dept.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:54 pm

Also of interest there was a smallish "No AFL in the SANFL" sign.
Maybe Eric Jnr?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:13 pm

Did hebEagles struggle for pace against Sturt?
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:16 pm

i hear a few Eagles players will be in doubt next week because of injuries & reports, Sumner (i think) & Lewis ''will go'' according to a couple of Eagles men i spoke to today & they had players injured
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:19 pm

redandblack wrote:Did hebEagles struggle for pace against Sturt?

No I wouldn't have said that.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:24 pm

bayman wrote:i hear a few Eagles players will be in doubt next week because of injuries & reports, Sumner (i think) & Lewis ''will go'' according to a couple of Eagles men i spoke to today & they had players injured

Sumner I didn't see - only the jumper holding aftermath.

Lewis should go. Came steaming in from 20m away with Hurley front on, bending over the ball.
He had no intention of going for the ball, just Hurley's head.

In the AFL it would be 4 weeks.
So in the sanfl that will be 2.
Because Hurley wasn't badly injured, probably reduce to 1.
And if they appeal it, he will probably get off.Rolling Eyes 
By rights with a hit like that Hurley should be in hospital. To the kid's credit he pulled himself together and slotted a goal from 40 in the SW pocket.

For both reports that were awarded a free, there wasn't a 25m penalty.
Umps had a very bad day as I said.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:28 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:
bayman wrote:i hear a few Eagles players will be in doubt next week because of injuries & reports, Sumner (i think) & Lewis ''will go'' according to a couple of Eagles men i spoke to today & they had players injured

Sumner I didn't see - only the jumper holding aftermath.

Lewis should go. Came steaming in from 20m away with Hurley front on, bending over the ball.
He had no intention of going for the ball, just Hurley's head.

In the AFL it would be 4 weeks.
So in the sanfl that will be 2.
Because Hurley wasn't badly injured, probably reduce to 1.
And if they appeal it, he will probably get off.Rolling Eyes 
By rights with a hit like that Hurley should be in hospital. To the kid's credit he pulled himself together and slotted a goal from 40 in the SW pocket.

For both reports that were awarded a free, there wasn't a 25m penalty.
Umps had a very bad day as I said.

you can't give a 25 or 50 metre penalty when a player is reported, because if he 'gets off' at the tribunal the penalty would be incorrect.......that is how i understand it, happy to be corrected if i've got it wrong
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:34 pm

I may have it wrong too, but I thought that was the rule.
Happy to be corrected.

It is a bit ridiculous though from a logic point of view.
The umps, do make mistakes, they are human.
They award frees, they award 25m penalties, and they have an effect, even if wrong.

Like any other decision they make to award a free, a report is just one of those. They see it, they call it.
If that is the case and the rules say a 25m penalty is the result after a report, then I can't see how it is any different to any other 25m penalty.

If they got it wrong, then I guess the umpire is reviewed accordingly.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down