EagleRock
UncleHuey
Wongdo
bayman
northerner
Brucetiki
10 posters

Go down

The Wrap Up: Round 1 Eagles v Centrals @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty The Wrap Up: Round 1 Eagles v Centrals @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:52 pm

Eagles 4.0 7.5 8.8 12.11.83
Centrals 2.1 2.2 7.3 8.4.52

In what was at times a spiteful encounter, the Eagles worked harder into the breeze to run away with a 31 point win.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Round 1 Eagles v Centrals @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Round 1 Eagles v Centrals @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:00 pm

There could be some massive fallout out of this afternoon's game as a result of Grocke's very clumsy hit on Brad Symes.

I would expect Grocke would be looking at at least 5 matches for his hit, which I believe would tip him over the de-registration threshold.

Some interesting days ahead for the Eagles if this is the case...

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Round 1 Eagles v Centrals @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Round 1 Eagles v Centrals @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by northerner Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:22 pm

Symes was concussed but the thought is he has a broken jaw also. Given the complications he had with a concussion last season, plus family pressure, I would suggest he will not play again.
Only fitting if Grocke receives a suspension that takes his tally over 16 games to ensure he does not play again also.
northerner
northerner

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:03 pm

northerner wrote:Symes was concussed but the thought is he has a broken jaw also. Given the complications he had with a concussion last season, plus family pressure, I would suggest he will not play again.

the 5RPH basically said the same thing

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have no doubt Grocke was ''squaring up'' for the collision on Ainger however that was just a footy collision & nothing more, no malice, no intent to hurt nothing whatsoever just an unfortunate accident.....on the other hand Grocke will say he was trying to spoil the ball (yes the ball was in the vicinity) but he is a better reader of the ball than that & he hit Symes with a fist & as we know broke his jaw, thuggerry like this should feel the wrath of the tribunal & the footy public in general, i don't like this 16 (or whatever it is) games & your out for life but Grocke should be watching from the sidelines for at least 4 weeks but i'd give him 8 weeks...............personally i hope Symes takes him to court for assault, you know the ''one punch can kill'' campaign

as for the game Central tried hard but the Eagles were the better team & dominated the middle for most of the match
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by northerner Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:29 am

Yes bayman, the Eagles were the better team and at this stage of the season are certainly a step ahead. Their tackling in the first half was very good.
The Dogs had seven players in their first game (and one in their second) and once they get their second tall forward in the line up they may well be a force this season.
northerner
northerner

Back to top Go down

Post by Wongdo Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:13 am

Thought there was a noticeable change in the game just going into time on in the 2nd. Prior to this the Eagles had pretty much dominated the play. Their tackling pressure may have been the reason why the Central players continually missed targets. So frustrating watching league footballers miss kicks and handballs. After half time thought the game was up for grabs. Unfortunately unforced errors created turnovers late in the last stopped Centrals momentum and the professional Eagles outfit closed the game out. On the incidents. Thought the Collier/Ainger collission was what makes our game special. Two guys totally focused on the ball. Thought the Groecke/Symes incident was what makes our game terrible. Truly gutless action by Groecke. Heard this morning that Symes will not play competitive football again. Jaw broken, severe concussion. Hopefully Groecke will never play competitive football again! Finally the umpires. The less said the better
Wongdo
Wongdo

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:33 pm

Can he use the Craig Parry  "most occurred before the new rules so I am entitled to a few free hits before I am banned" defense?
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by EagleRock Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:03 pm

I think you are overreacting Wongdo (no broken jaw! ) and judging by the video I am not convinced Collier only had eyes only for the football.If Symes was only one concussion away from retirement why was he not wearing a helmet?
Regarding the umpiring after the incident, some Centrals players become undisciplined and their tackling was pretty sloppy at times.
EagleRock
EagleRock

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by northerner Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:26 pm

EagleRock wrote:I think you are overreacting Wongdo (no broken jaw! ) and judging by the video I am not convinced Collier only had eyes only for the football.If  Symes was only one concussion away from retirement why was he not wearing a helmet?
Regarding the umpiring after the incident, some Centrals players become undisciplined and their tackling was pretty sloppy at times.

So eagle Rock, do you condone Grocke's act? This act was as bad as I have seen in recent memory, and deserves at least six games.... check the hits on the link from 14 mins in. You will see colliers clash with ainger and then Grockes with symes.
Make your own minds up folks.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euw_nkomIAM
northerner
northerner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:09 pm

I think Centrals started to play well part way through the third term could have been the wind . Late in the third term Luke Powell lifted and so did the Eagles . Macgregor was the match winner kicking 6 goals !!
Bayman why was he let go from the bays !!
And that wind to that end of the ground was very strong and got stronger after halftime !!

The incidents well umpires set the standard in the seconds when Blessing was taken off on a stretcher with a head injury from hitting the legs of a centrals player . Whoever got ainger should have been reported as that incedent was not as bad as Ainger
Less said about grocke the better
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by EagleRock Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:18 pm

Don't condone Colliers or Grockes act,just tired of the Parry,Grocke bashers by other clubs supporters who think their players are all angels!
EagleRock
EagleRock

Back to top Go down

Post by StrayDog Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:37 am

EagleRock wrote:Don't condone Colliers or Grockes act,just tired of the Parry,Grocke bashers by other clubs supporters who think their players are all angels!
Regarding the Symes contact, Grocke will be judged in due course.

Good luck, however, to any and all willing to defend Craig Parry's history armed with nothing more than variations of the "glass-houses" defence.
StrayDog

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:03 am

EagleRock wrote:Don't condone Colliers or Grockes act,just tired of the Parry,Grocke bashers by other clubs supporters who think their players are all angels!

There is no doubt all clubs have had, do have and will have players who cross the line. However, Parry would have, at best guess, rarely gone a season without some sort of tribunal / referred report.

Now Grocke will forever be remembered for this action, not for anything he has done on field before and you can't blame football fans for being outraged at his actions.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:00 am

It's easy as a supporter to look for any way out of negative publicity for your club or a member of it, but sometimes you just have to cop it sweet. Grocke for a heinous hit, and Parry for being a serial thug both have noone to blame but themselves for the scorn of the football public that they are receiving.

It's irrelevant which club they play for (Parry was held in the same regard playing at his other clubs), so it's an individual rather than club, issue.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:43 pm

Scrunch wrote:

It's easy as a supporter to look for any way out of negative publicity for your club or a member of it, but sometimes you just have to cop it sweet. Grocke for a heinous hit, and Parry for being a serial thug both have noone to blame but themselves for the scorn of the football public that they are receiving.

It's irrelevant which club they play for (Parry was held in the same regard playing at his other clubs), so it's an individual rather than club, issue.

What he said.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum