The Wrap Up: Eagles v South @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

5 posters

Go down

The Wrap Up: Eagles v South @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty The Wrap Up: Eagles v South @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Admin Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:46 pm

Eagles 3.2 7.4 12.5 18.5.113
South  1.1 3.4  6.7   6.9.45

The Eagles give their top 3 chances a big boost while for South their last two games have now resulted in two big losses.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Eagles v South @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Eagles v South @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by the prowler Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:33 pm

There is still a glimmer of hope with Ron at the helm
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Eagles v South @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Eagles v South @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:32 pm

Was not a great game .
Eagles copped injuries Rowntree was BOG before he did his knee . Appleton also carried off on stretcher not certain how he was hurt but it appeared a souths players legs and his head !! Ainger was also injured the crows bullyboy appeared to injure Aingers shoulder.
And at one stage he gave Ainger a give me goal after belting him in the back in front of the umpire twice resulting in two 25 metre penalties !! Couple of other Eagles players looked to get a few knocks but played on .
Funny I thought the bays were a rabble last week South were worse . South Full Forward should have buried the eagles kicking 1 goal 5 points (or there abouts ). It did appear that Ron Fuller had changed his game plan but still used the old build a wall principle when the flood was invoked !!

So Eagles win but at a huge cost in players .

As a side note . I couldn't attend the Eagles meeting re the AFL . But was told by three different Eagles members what was reported in the paper this morning was total RUBBISH !!!
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:31 pm

interesting concept by South, they had Mouse standing on the boundary with the headphones on with a direct communication to the coach who also spoke to players as they came off the ground, game went as expected although i'll have to say today was the first time i've seen Luke Jarrad ruffled by an opponent

ps, spelly has young Goldsworthy ever missed a shot at goal ? i can't recall ever seeing him miss
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:12 am

Yes, but this year has been an accurate one:

2008: 4 games 2.1
2009: 9 games 15.5
2010: 18 games 25.11
2011: 21 games 16.17
2012: 21 games 20.18
2013: 17 games 30.10
Total: 90 games 107.62

For a win, it was a bad day. One wonders how long Rowntree will be out for, and the extent of his and Appletons injury. At least Sumner will be back next week but I feel fresh optimism of a double chance will be gone next week. I thought Sturt would be on the brunt of a bounce back North performance this week...but we will cop it.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:25 am

spell_check wrote:Yes, but this year has been an accurate one:

For a win, it was a bad day.  One wonders how long Rowntree will be out for, and the extent of his and Appletons injury.  At least Sumner will be back next week but I feel fresh optimism of a double chance will be gone next week.  I thought Sturt would be on the brunt of a bounce back North performance this week...but we will cop it.
Only if Certain crows and power players come back for north IMHO ,Having said that Eagles are crap at playing at prospect !!!

Goal kicking was a major improvement over the last game at Woodville IMHO !!
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:24 am

spell_check wrote:Yes, but this year has been an accurate one:

For a win, it was a bad day.  One wonders how long Rowntree will be out for, and the extent of his and Appletons injury.  At least Sumner will be back next week but I feel fresh optimism of a double chance will be gone next week.  I thought Sturt would be on the brunt of a bounce back North performance this week...but we will cop it.
thanks spelly, i'm amazed he's missed that many as he 'never' seems to miss, perhaps he could give 'Buddy' a few lessons Wink 
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum