Scrappy
Chambo Off To Work We Go
firstblood
brodlach
Admin
Bundy
14 posters

Go down

Round 17: Norwood v West - Saturday 27 July @ Coopers Stadium Empty West Adelaide v Norwood

Post by Bundy Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:16 am

I find it quite quite interesting talking to people about the teams that played in the 2012 g/f and are both in the top three and yet they are expecting a boring game on sat.
Bundy
Bundy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 17: Norwood v West - Saturday 27 July @ Coopers Stadium Empty Round 17: Norwood v West - Saturday 27 July @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Admin Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:24 am

Norwood v West

Saturday 27 July
Coopers Stadium

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Norwood are coming off a dominant win over Sturt, while West had the bye last week but the week before had a big win over the Eagles followed by a big win over Claremont in the Foxtel Cup. Which side will continue their winning form?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 17: Norwood v West - Saturday 27 July @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 17: Norwood v West - Saturday 27 July @ Coopers Stadium

Post by brodlach Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:46 am

I hope with the week off and a positive mindset that we will get over Norwood this week. Massively outplayed in the first quarter last time we played Norwood (didnt seemed switched on early) but more than held our own in the last three quarters.

Bloods by 17 points (add pray emotioncon here if we had one)
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Round 17: Norwood v West - Saturday 27 July @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 17: Norwood v West - Saturday 27 July @ Coopers Stadium

Post by firstblood Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:05 pm

brodlach wrote:I hope with the week off and a positive mindset that we will get over Norwood this week. Massively outplayed in the first quarter last time we played Norwood (didnt seemed switched on early) but more than held our own in the last three quarters.

Bloods by 17 points (add pray emotioncon here if we had one)

Round 17: Norwood v West - Saturday 27 July @ Coopers Stadium 3349184707 
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:16 pm

The state of the grounds and the possibility of wet weather may change the rules of engagement for these 2 sides.

Norwood only really moved the ball freely into scoring shots in the 3rd quarter last week against the Blues. it was a dogged contest at least from a scoring perspective otherwise.

Similar conditions will probably make it a tough hit out.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:39 pm

It would be a pity if the ground is wet and muddy and this becomes a low scoring match.

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:42 pm

sooner or later Westies will beat Norwood again, they wont this week but perhaps they will in September & beyond
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:06 pm

Scrappy wrote:It would be  a pity if the ground is wet and muddy and this becomes a low scoring match.

It would be a bigger pity if the ground is hard and dry and it becomes a low scoring match.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:42 am

Norwood appear to be taking each team one win at a time. West can go missing to often during the day. If West try to do as they have in the past couple of matches against the Legs, they will come off second best by the length of the players race.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:53 am

Tough one to pick. West will break through eventually against Norwood. With no Panos its hard to see an individual kocking a bag for the Legs. I'll say Bloods by 4 points.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:33 pm

I think Norwood's system isn't as reliant on individual players as other teams and West's task will be to overcome that system.

Agree with Scrunch, though, it should be a tight game.

Norwood could have a ruck dominance, which isn't what they're used to having, but West's midfield is much better than previously, especially with the addition of Travis Tuck.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:22 pm

Norwood in a close one. Westies have the wobbles at the moment and the Legs don't let too many teams play themselves back into form.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:07 pm

West

League
F: Birss, Webb, Silverlock
HF: Slattery, Keough, Rankine
C: Hill, Schmidt, Beech
HB: Green, Mangan, Ferguson
B: Caire, Tippett, Thompson

R: P. Nelson, Tuck, Macreadie
INT: Schiller, Bonney, R. Anderson, Bricknell, Fielke
IN: Slattery, Silverlock, Bricknell, P. Nelson, Fielke, R. Anderson
OUT: Homburg (ribs), Kirk, Schott, A. Anderson

brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:13 pm

Some interesting ins. Can't see them all being fit though.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:14 pm

Agree, can only take fully fit players into this game.
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:58 pm

Norwood:

F: M. Evans, Warren, Donohue
HF: James Aish, Dawe, Webber
C: Bode, Zorzi, Phillips
HB: Stevenson, McGuinness, Jefferies
B: Fuller, Goergiou, Newton

R: Renouf, Suckling, M. Thomas
INT: Dumont, Pfeiffer, Kirwan, Baulderstone, C. Evans
IN: Warren, Donohue, Newton
OUT: Murphy
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by ca Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:10 pm

Happy to get the win, seemed to do everything we could to lose it in the last quarter. A small part of me was hoping for a bloods win just to stop the winning streak. You are due for a win against us and I just hope its not when it counts.

We would be unlikely to have Thomas, Renouf and Stevenson in finals you would think so that will weaken our side a bit. I thought Thomas in particular was very good,

Anyone know who won the reserves?
ca
ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:22 pm

Yes, ca, Norwood won the Ressies by about 20 goals.

I thought the main game was a great game of tight, hard football. Saw some really dumb comments elsewhere about the number of goals kicked and praising Sturt's game style over West. Short memories, Sturt kicked only 2 or 3 last week.

Norwood just seemed slightly cleaner with their skills, but I was happy with West's application, consistency and hardness at the footy. We had a few players who didn't contribute a lot, but several who were very good.

Chris Schmidt was outstanding, Brad Mangan great and ever reliable Ryan Ferguson was fantastic.

Congratulations to Norwood, won by 3 points and were probably about 3 points better on the day.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by ca Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:29 pm

redandblack wrote:Yes, ca, Norwood won the Ressies by about 20 goals.  

I thought the main game was a great game of tight, hard football.  Saw some really dumb comments elsewhere about the number of goals kicked and praising Sturt's game style over West.  Short memories, Sturt kicked only 2 or 3 last week.

Norwood just seemed slightly cleaner with their skills, but I was happy with West's application, consistency and hardness at the footy.  We had a few players who didn't contribute a lot, but several who were very good.

Chris Schmidt was outstanding, Brad Mangan great and ever reliable Ryan Ferguson was fantastic.

Congratulations to Norwood, won by 3 points and were probably about 3 points better on the day.

A close game is an entertaining game and it was certainly that. Not sure how much longer we were going to hold on.
ca
ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down