Scrunch
Scrappy
Thiele
bayman
oldfella
Brucetiki
10 posters

Go down

Round 11: Norwood v West - Sunday 2 July @ Coopers Stadium Empty Round 11: Norwood v West - Sunday 2 July @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:45 pm

Norwood v West
Sunday 2 July
Coopers Stadium

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

Both sides are coming off wins, with West finally breaking through for their first win of the season. Who will keep that winning feeling?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 11: Norwood v West - Sunday 2 July @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 11: Norwood v West - Sunday 2 July @ Coopers Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:35 pm

The ScrapLee cup, the Bode-Collins trophy, Norwood by over 10 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 11: Norwood v West - Sunday 2 July @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 11: Norwood v West - Sunday 2 July @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Lee Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:47 am

Bode-Collins. Brings back memories.

Very close to all of it from start to finish, from the verbal exchanges to the 'scrap'.

Being at the airport waiting to board a plane for overseas and giving phone evidence to the Tribunal wasn't what I was expecting, though Very Happy

Still only runs second to being on the bench in the 1991 GF with Sims and Schumann fighting all over me Round 11: Norwood v West - Sunday 2 July @ Coopers Stadium 3991484760

West by somewhere near -29 and +29.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:33 am

Lee wrote:Bode-Collins. Brings back memories.

Very close to all of it from start to finish, from the verbal exchanges to the 'scrap'.

Being at the airport waiting to board a plane for overseas and giving phone evidence to the Tribunal wasn't what I was expecting, though Very Happy

Still only runs second to being on the bench in the 1991 GF with Sims and Schumann fighting all over me Round 11: Norwood v West - Sunday 2 July @ Coopers Stadium 3991484760

West by somewhere near -29 and +29.

Was a pretty fierce rivalry over 3-4 years between the two clubs back then. At the time I couldn't stand West (was fearful of them though), but once that era started to pass I had a huge respect for the side they had and how hard and committed they were. Funny how sometimes you can't appreciate a side at the time when they're near their peak, but once the dust settles you can.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:46 pm

Yes, that's right, Scrunch.

It was a great rivalry, but with Norwood very much having the upper hand on the field. I can well recall the time spent in analysing Norwood's game plan, which was a huge success by Nathan Bassett.

Apart from one day at Richmond, when Aaron Fielke kicked several goals on Norwood's 'spare' (I think we still lost narrowly?), we had no success.

In 2015, I sat on the bench at City Mazda as the 'Legs started with 4.2 to zero against us and despairingly thought "will we ever beat this mob". The subsequent 18 goals to 4 for the rest of the match was the confidence booster that (IMO) led to the premiership.

Of course, we haven't beaten Norwood since.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:15 pm

Lee wrote:

I didn't know Sims and Schumann wanted you that much:)
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:48 pm

Lee wrote:Yes, that's right, Scrunch.

It was a great rivalry, but with Norwood very much having the upper hand on the field.  I can well recall the time spent in analysing Norwood's game plan, which was a huge success by Nathan Bassett.

Apart from one day at Richmond, when Aaron Fielke kicked several goals on Norwood's 'spare' (I think we still lost narrowly?), we had no success.

In 2015, I sat on the bench at City Mazda as the 'Legs started with 4.2 to zero against us and despairingly thought "will we ever beat this mob".  The subsequent 18 goals to 4 for the rest of the match was the confidence booster that (IMO) led to the premiership.

I remember that match in 2015 (well, the 10 minutes of it I watched), and was surprised we'd lead at all as I had a lot of faith in Westies at that time, and very little in Norwood.

Have often said West were unlucky between 2012-14 that Norwood had the side they had, otherwise I think West would have been celebrating several times. I think at the time Norwood just had that mental edge over the Bloods, but rather than give up that West' group stayed determined for 4 years!!

PS: I think that game when Fielke kicked a few might have been the Rodan game (apologies mate)?
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:51 pm

Very Happy

Yes, I know, but I resisted mentioning it. Evil or Very Mad

One of the very few times I've sworn loudly at the end of a game.

CK tells me it was a free, but he's biased Round 11: Norwood v West - Sunday 2 July @ Coopers Stadium 2678737410
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:54 pm

Was definitely a free, but one of those genuinely 50/50 calls, where most punters probably think the free belonged to the side they support. FWIW I thought it was a little on the fortunate side.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:58 pm

It was a great rivalry, but with Norwood very much having the upper hand on the field.  I can well recall the time spent in analysing Norwood's game plan, which was a huge success by Nathan Bassett.

In 2015, I sat on the bench at City Mazda as the 'Legs started with 4.2 to zero against us and despairingly thought "will we ever beat this mob".  The subsequent 18 goals to 4 for the rest of the match was the confidence booster that (IMO) led to the premiership.

Dean Terlich was Aaron Fielkes opponent for most of that match when Aaron scored a few goals ?????

This might have been the game
Richmond Oval 2012
11-8 West Adelaide
7-9 The team that won the premiership that season , and didnt score in the last quarter of this match
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:07 pm

Scrunch wrote:

I remember that match in 2015 (well, the 10 minutes of it I watched), and was surprised we'd lead at all as I had a lot of faith in Westies at that time, and very little in Norwood.

Have often said West were unlucky between 2012-14 that Norwood had the side they had, otherwise I think West would have been celebrating several times. I think at the time Norwood just had that mental edge over the Bloods, but rather than give up that West' group stayed determined for 4 years!!

PS: I think that game when Fielke kicked a few might have been the Rodan game (apologies mate)?

The teams met twice at Richmond Oval in 2012
This is the game that David Rodan scored a goal after the final siren to win the game for his team
4-12 West Adelaide
5-7 The team that won the Premiership that season
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:54 pm

WEST
Emerging utility Mason Middleton is set to return from injury against Norwood on Sunday.
A late withdrawal from the Bloods side which won its first game of the season against North last Saturday, Middleton has recovered from his back complaint.
The Riverland product has been joined in the Bloods’ 23-man squad by goalsneak John Noble and midfielder Oliver Johnson, who continues to build strong form in the Reserves with 26 disposals in his last outing.
Exciting talent Izak Rankine is the only certain omission due to his involvement with the McDonald’s SA Under-18 team in Victoria across the next week.
League
F: Fielke, Watchman, Green
HF: Turner, Middleton, Karpany
C: Batley, K. Stevens, Haysman
HB: Agostino, Burgess, Hill
B: Caire, Keough, Wasley-Black

R: McPherson, Schiller, Schmidt
INT: Pillion, O. Johnson, J. Noble, Bates, Favretto
IN: Middleton, O. Johnson, J. Noble
OUT: Rankine (McDonald’s SA U18)
Reserves
Silverlock, Waite, Head, Carger, J. Evans, L. Ryan, Iannucci, Heitmann, I. Johnson, Inglis, Majok, Holliday, Vassallo, Halkias, Male, Fairlie, J. Ryan, J. Stevens, Lynch, Crump, L. Evans.
Under-18
Nunan, Eichner, Gutsche, May, Baker, Walton, Inglis, Boots, Jones, Gibson, Wright, Thilthorpe, Hay, Laube, Rugari, Gulliford, Patterson, Stidiford, Rana, Woolridge, Westley, Satanek, Dunkin, Hannagan.
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:51 pm

I like Middleton, thought he payed an excellent game when we played Westies. Sadly I think Norwood will win this easily.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:28 pm

We won we won we won --- believe first time in 8 years at norwood oval
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:41 pm

i thought Norwood didn't pay the respect needed for the opposition, i think they went out thinking (as most did, including me) it'll be a walk in the park, i only saw Norwood desperate & with intensity & also going long in the second half of the last quarter & they almost pinched it which would have been a travesty, i don't watch Norwood every week but i'd think Bode played his worst game i've ever seen him play for either them or Sturt, he had a shocker & the zig zag style Norwood do play can't be helpful for the forwards, Westies' on the other hand had a crack & had their players put their bodies on the line when needed, Scrappy & i snuck into the Westies' rooms & were happy to run into fb Very Happy no Lee in sight though.....well done Westies'
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:02 pm

So proud of the Boys with there courage in the dying few minutes. Said to some people at half time thought we were on top them but the scoreboard didn't show it. UI swear the bench acted as if we won the Grand Final
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:51 pm

I was there, bayman, and sang the song with mucho gusto. Probably left just before you arrived.

Great effort by the boys and a lot of brave acts.

As you said, it would have been a travesty if we'd lost. I don't think there's been such bad goalkicking for a long time. Twice we didn't score from 30 out, straight in front and we missed so many easy shots.

Thanks to Norwood for their hospitality. There was a table at the Norwood President's Lunch with a bit of ability. Phil Carmen, Ross Dillon, Phil Gallagher and Roger Woodcock.

Proud of the Bloods today, they showed a lot of spirit.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:52 pm

Thiele wrote:So proud of the Boys with there courage in the dying few minutes. Said to some people at half time thought we were on top them but the scoreboard didn't show it. UI swear the bench acted as if we won the Grand Final

One of those people you told at half time was me !

NW 11-4
WA 14-15

That was the score into the last quarter with about 10-15 minutes left

NW 14-11
WA 14-15

Norwood had the last 10 scores of the match
Norwood had 2 shots very late, one to draw the game [hit the post] the other to win the game

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:45 pm

Didn't see the game today but hats off the Westies - For a group knowing that in all likelihood there's no finals on the horizon, means they all played for each other. Wins like that can be the making of future success.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:51 am

bayman wrote:i thought Norwood didn't pay the respect needed for the opposition, i think they went out thinking (as most did, including me) it'll be a walk in the park, i only saw Norwood desperate & with intensity & also going long in the second half of the last quarter & they almost pinched it which would have been a travesty, i don't watch Norwood every week but i'd think Bode played his worst game i've ever seen him play for either them or Sturt, he had a shocker & the zig zag style Norwood do play can't be helpful for the forwards, Westies' on the other hand had a crack & had their players put their bodies on the line when needed, Scrappy & i snuck into the Westies' rooms & were happy to run into fb Very Happy no Lee in sight though.....well done Westies'

Bayman, you and Scrappy looked like a couple of night club bouncers standing in the doorway to the change rooms. Nice to see both of you there. Smile
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:15 pm

Well done Westies, certainly didn't pick that. Hope it gives the club a lift.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:07 am

Lee wrote:Very Happy

Yes, I know, but I resisted mentioning it.  Evil or Very Mad

One of the very few times I've sworn loudly at the end of a game.

CK tells me it was a free, but he's biased  Round 11: Norwood v West - Sunday 2 July @ Coopers Stadium 2678737410

Ahem. A clear free, Lee, I'm a passionate fan of football rather than teams Wink Smile
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:59 pm

I think nearly 4 hours is enough Round 11: Norwood v West - Sunday 2 July @ Coopers Stadium 2678737410

It might have been a free, or it might not have been,

Unfortunately, it was the only soft free of its kind paid, while far worse were let go all day.

CK, love your neutrality though, you've got me there. Round 11: Norwood v West - Sunday 2 July @ Coopers Stadium 1344700888
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum