Harpo
Scrappy
Ben W
bayman
the prowler
Admin
10 posters

Go down

Round 16: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 20 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 16: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 20 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Admin Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:43 pm

Eagles v Centrals

Saturday 20 July
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last time they met

Round 9 @ Playford Alive Oval

Centrals 14.11.95
Eagles 8.12.60

The Eagles are coming off a convincing loss to West, while Centrals are coming off a scrappy win over South. Will the Eagles bounce back at home, or will Centrals make it 3 wins on the trot?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 16: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 20 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 16: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 20 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by the prowler Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:05 pm

Centrals will be looking for 3 in a row and keeping their 5 spot alive. WWT will not put in another performance like last week at their home ground. Eagles by 2 - 3 goal at the siren

the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Round 16: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 20 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 16: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 20 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:00 pm

dare i say it, yep it is a 4 point match, i'll say Wwt by 2 goals but this is a match that i need to see the named teams to make a more accurate assessment
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:54 pm

Turned out to be a cracking match,

Woodville-West Torrens 10.8 (68)

def

Central Districts 8.8 (56)
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:04 pm

Did the WWT players wear black armbands in honour of Mulva ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Harpo Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:53 pm

bayman wrote:dare i say it, yep it is a 4 point match, i'll say Wwt by 2 goals but this is a match that i need to see the named teams to make a more accurate assessment

Genius bayman
Harpo
Harpo

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:31 pm

Scrappy wrote:Did the WWT players wear black armbands in honour of Mulva ?

Not that I could see
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:36 pm

Well done Eagles lost Hall to a broken wrist . Youngsters did well . Always a hard game against the Dogs !!
Eagles have beaten every side in the five except West !!!
And Dogs beat west two weeks ago funny that
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:37 pm

And has anyone seen a field and boundary umpire over rule a gaol umpire before ? As was the case just before the siren went
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:47 pm

Were they right to do so, micky?

Good tip, Bayman.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:28 pm

Actually, I'm pretty sure they didn't, Scrappy?
DB and Pete Smith spoke about him in the half time break, though...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:32 pm

Big Phil wrote:

DB & Peter Smith working during the week again these days
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:34 pm

bayman wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

DB arranged Pete to come up and have a chat at half time of the RPH coverage today, seeing as though Pete is not on the Eagles board anymore, so he was able to make comment about the AFL reserves debate.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:58 pm

mickyj wrote:Well done Eagles lost Hall to a broken wrist.
Actually spoke to Mick Godden post game and he said it was a broken thumb for Hally. Said it was pretty nasty and the bone had popped through the skin. Mick was very satisfied with the win...

Also mentioned, along with Hall's injury, Andrew Ainger was carrying a back injury, Jarred Allmond has hurt his knee pretty bad but was jabbed up and put to full forward, Matt Goldsworthy was as crook as a dog at half time, vomiting quite severely, Angus Rowntree jagged his groin, Craig Parry copped a heavy head knock and Luke Powell and Patrick Giuffreda carried injuries into the game.

Mick said he was very proud of the boys to get the win under those circumstances...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:21 pm

Big Phil wrote:
bayman wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

DB arranged Pete to come up and have a chat at half time of the RPH coverage today, seeing as though Pete is not on the Eagles board anymore, so he was able to make comment about the AFL reserves debate.

what was 'Smithy's' answer to this 'B grade' debate ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:10 pm

redandblack wrote:Were they right to do so, micky?

Good tip, Bayman.

The goal umpire has the final decision - no-one can overrule the goal umpire, however they can consult if the goal umpire is unsure.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:01 am

bayman wrote:what was 'Smithy's' answer to this 'B grade' debate ?
Nothing. He wasn't there, mate. Crook as a dog and could hardly talk on Friday.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:07 am

Good tip, Bayman.
lucky it didn't affect the result!!
Neither boundary or field umpire were in position Goal umpire signalled out on the full .
But was over ruled and appeared to be told it was a point !!

As I said it didn't affect the result . Was a tough day for the umps a free in one quarter for the dogs in their forward line . Took an age for 2 umpires to work out where the free was to be taken !!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:08 am

spell_check wrote:

Good tip, Bayman.

The goal umpire has the final decision - no-one can overrule the goal umpire, however they can consult if the goal umpire is unsure.

Was going to ask you Spelly it didn't appear that way as he signalled out on the full
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:09 am

bayman wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
bayman wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

what was 'Smithy's' answer to this 'B grade' debate ?

I know what Pete thinks but its not for me to say .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:11 am

mickyj wrote:
spell_check wrote:

Good tip, Bayman.

Was going to ask you Spelly it didn't appear that way as he signalled out on the full

If the goal umpire indicated out on the full, then it's in the boundary umpires' domain. If he says for certain it's not and it's a behind, then it's a behind. However if there was that much confusion, then they probably should have decided the lesser score anyway - out on the full.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:07 pm

spell_check wrote:
mickyj wrote:
spell_check wrote:

Good tip, Bayman.

If the goal umpire indicated out on the full, then it's in the boundary umpires' domain.  If he says for certain it's not and it's a behind, then it's a behind.  However if there was that much confusion, then they probably should have decided the lesser score anyway - out on the full.

they over ruled him Spelly but it didn't affect the end result
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down