brodlach
UncleHuey
Lee
howthewestwaswon
bayman
Admin
11 posters

Go down

Round 12: North v Sturt - Saturday 22 June @ Prospect Oval Empty Round 12: North v Sturt - Saturday 22 June @ Prospect Oval

Post by Admin Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:31 pm

North v Sturt

Saturday 22 June
Prospect Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

North were disappointing in their loss to Centrals while Sturt had a big win over Sturt.  Will North bounce back and win at home, or will Sturt continue their winning form?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 12: North v Sturt - Saturday 22 June @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 12: North v Sturt - Saturday 22 June @ Prospect Oval

Post by bayman Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:32 pm

Sturt in a mild boil over by 9 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 12: North v Sturt - Saturday 22 June @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 12: North v Sturt - Saturday 22 June @ Prospect Oval

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:16 pm

North by 4-5 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:35 pm

North won't be happy anout last week and I can't see them losing 2 in a row at Prospect.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:00 pm

North at home by 3-4 goals
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:04 pm

North

League
F: Campbell, Langford, Amato
HF: Thiele, Stewart, Gordon
C: Blee, Moore, Ryswyk
HB: Clinch, Miles, G. Thring
B: Keller, Hill, Thompson

R: J. Craig, Shannon, M. Thring
INT: Kangur, O’Sullivan, Delvins, McMahon, Siggins
IN: Blee, Kangur, Delvins, McMahon, Siggins
OUT: Anderson (hamstring), Armstrong, C. Craig
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:20 pm

No luck for Sturt today,  

North Adelaide 18:11 119
 Def
Sturt 6.7 43
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:08 pm

Watched this game on the TV and before the start I thought Sturt were a huge chance. They had too many players that didn't chase, tackle and put any effort in. IMO they were almost insipid. Like McIntyre as a player when he focuses on the ball but too many times he plays for the free kick. How many times did Krause turn the ball over. Kerridge gave almost nothing and Sturt seemed handball happy  instead of moving the ball forward in tricky conditions
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:10 pm

Yep. can't dispute any of that. I would have been more savage.

McIntyre needs a spell. He is lazy, needs to stay on his feet and be much smarter. Sadly I can't seen it happening.

Had a young bloke down back called Harms.
He was easily our best player and gave his all. Reads the ball well.
Only real plus today I think.

I thought we were reasonable at the stoppages, but transitioning to defense and into the forward line was deplorable. Basically we don't work hard enough off the ball. That is mental fragility.

Basically you saw a top 3 side v a bottom 3 side.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:49 pm

The last line summed it up perfectly Chambo. We've still go a long way to go, with a bunch of good kids and not much else. I was pretty disappointed with our Crows players today, with the one notable exception of Richard Tambling, who always works his guts out every week.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:51 pm

Harms was very good Chambo

First quarter when you kicked with a gale, I couldn't remember one long bomb into the forwards or at goal.
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:57 pm

countrycousin wrote: I was pretty disappointed with our Crows players today, with the one notable exception of Richard Tambling, who always works his guts out every week.

I keep wondering what he has to do for Sanderson to actually pick him for a match?
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:42 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Yep. can't dispute any of that. I would have been more savage.

McIntyre needs a spell. He is lazy, needs to stay on his feet and be much smarter. Sadly I can't seen it happening.

I thought we were reasonable at the stoppages, but transitioning to defense and into the forward line was deplorable. Basically we don't work hard enough off the ball. That is mental fragility.

Was Harms that tall young fella with the long blondish hair C/H/B Chambo? If so, he's going to be a very good player, plays a bit like Ryan Ferguson at Westies.
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:26 pm

Nobody plays like Ryan Ferguson, FB:evil:Very Happy
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:02 pm

firstblood wrote:
Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Yep. can't dispute any of that. I would have been more savage.

Was Harms that tall young fella with the long blondish hair C/H/B Chambo? If so, he's going to be a very good player, plays a bit like Ryan Ferguson at Westies.

Yeah that was him. Not sure how tall he is, but only played a few games.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:20 pm

brodlach wrote:Harms was very good Chambo

First quarter when you kicked with a gale, I couldn't remember one long bomb into the forwards or at goal.

Harms picked up 21 touches at 100% with 11 contested possessions. Right up there with Sturt's best imo.

Sturt did kick long in the first quarter but seemingly everywhere but into the forward line. Their game plan was quite bizarre - opting to be handball happy with a hurricane in the first quarter, while in the second quarter choosing to handball a lot less with more of an inclination of precision short kicks which didn't seem to work (stats below represent effective short kicks - ineffective short kicks were 16 for them in Q2 out of 28 ).

North's plan was more simple - going for more short kicking against the breeze then ramped up the long kicks in the second. 

First Quarter
Long Kicks - North 13, Sturt 21
Short Kicks - North 21, Sturt 10
Handball Rec - North 40, Sturt 53
Inside 50 - North 6, Sturt 17

Second Quarter
Long Kicks - North 26, Sturt 12
Short Kicks - North 14, Sturt 12
Handball Rec - North 37, Sturt 35
Inside 50 - North 18, Sturt 8
scott
scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:36 pm

Great info, Scott.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:03 pm

Yep. Tells the story of the match, which was over as a contest by half time. Those inside 50s with the wind. Sturt 17 for 2 goals in the 1st 1/4. North 18 for 8goals in the 2nd. All over Red Rover. I started to get that old sinking feeling about half way through the first quarter, when it was obvious we were just kicking into a defensive brick wall and getting nowhere.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:48 pm

The thing that tells the story for me was the 25 extra marks North took. And that is just about our season average.

Simply, opoosition sides work hard to space and we just don't. Lazy, unfit call it what you will but this kills our forward movement.

I reckon we wouldn't have had that many less forward 50 entries than North yesterday, but they just nullified them completely. Numbers around the incoming ball and then break hard to space on the turnover.

At times North had 4 blokes to choose from running the ball forward and our blokes were behind jogging or given up.

I have been harping on this for a long while now, but Maloney doesn't seem to be able to do anything about it.

These are the 2 key areas that we continue to get smashed and he has not recognised this in statements all season.

What are his stats people telling him. And you don't needs stats people to see this. Fairly bloody obvious.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down