Ben W
testy
Scrunch
howthewestwaswon
bayman
Brucetiki
10 posters

Go down

Round 5: North v Sturt - Saturday 3 May @ Prospect Oval Empty Round 5: North v Sturt - Saturday 3 May @ Prospect Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:39 pm

North v Sturt

Saturday 3 May
Prospect Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last Week
North 14.7.91 d Norwood 9.16.70 @ Adelaide Oval
Sturt 15.17.107 lost to Eagles 17.11.113 @ Envestra Park

Last Time They Met
Sturt 10.11.71 d North 7.11.53 @ Envestra Park

Ladder Position
North 4th 3-1 53.49%
Sturt 3rd 3-1 57.28%

This is a battle between two strong teams of 2014. Which side will go on to 4-1?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 5: North v Sturt - Saturday 3 May @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 5: North v Sturt - Saturday 3 May @ Prospect Oval

Post by bayman Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:53 pm

North at home but only just, North by 11 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 5: North v Sturt - Saturday 3 May @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 5: North v Sturt - Saturday 3 May @ Prospect Oval

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:11 am

North by 1-2 goals at home.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri May 02, 2014 9:44 am

Geez another tough one!! Sturt by 8 points
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri May 02, 2014 6:42 pm

North to win at Prospect.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri May 02, 2014 6:43 pm

Heart says Sturt, but cant see North losing at home, North by a goal.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Fri May 02, 2014 6:54 pm

Sturt have a good recent record at Prospect but North by 37
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat May 03, 2014 7:33 pm

This is a big, big win by Sturt which should make all of us sit up and take notice.

A big worry for North, though and I think they have some problems.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sat May 03, 2014 8:53 pm

Well done to the Blues, not easy to win at prospect.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sat May 03, 2014 9:15 pm

We're probably a bit ahead of where I expected us to be at this stage. The stability of being able to field pretty much the same team each week, plus some good recruiting, has so far more than outweighed the loss of AFL players for us. We're also pleased with the way a number of our younger players have stood up and grabbed their opportunity. But there's a long way to go yet. We'll just take it one week at a time. This game is full of pitfalls, as we all know. I honestly have no idea what to expect at Alberton next week, except that it will be our biggest challenge so far.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sat May 03, 2014 9:49 pm

Yep, I agree that stability has been a big plus for the group, and perhaps a number of fringe league players that have been around a while taking their chances and now imposing more on games. Aka, Calabrese, Penfold, Krause and a number of others. Kirkwood has been a rock, and Beard the HB we have missed for a few seasons.

And you wrap all of that up in hard at it self belief and you have a side that can be a contender.

Let's face it, South have done the same and we all sit back, scratch our heads and wonder where this will all lead by season's end.

But from a playing point of view, I ain't complaining.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun May 04, 2014 11:54 am

when North failed to capitalize with the strong breeze in the first term they needed a great second term or it was all over & it was all over at half time & to be frank it was all over 10 minutes into the second term, Sturt are a very good team & are dong a lot better than most including me thought they'd do, the defence is their achilles heel as there isn't much height down there, Evans presents well & has a good left foot but is he injured ? because he tried taking chest marks rather than with hands during the course of the day, young Burton from North showed he should make the grade
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down