+5
Adelaide Hawk
waddayamean
JAS
Mongrel Punter
Admin
9 posters

Go down

Round 11: North v Norwood, Saturday 9 June @ Prospect Oval Empty Round 11: North v Norwood, Saturday 9 June @ Prospect Oval

Post by Admin Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:33 pm

Round 11: North v Norwood, Saturday 9 June @ Prospect Oval North V Round 11: North v Norwood, Saturday 9 June @ Prospect Oval Norwood_logo

Saturday 9 June
Prospect Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Broadcast: ABC1

Both sides are coming off road wins - North overcoming Glenelg at Gliderol and Norwood running over South at Hickinbotham. Will North but the first blemish on Norwood's win-loss record, or will Norwood continue on their merry way?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 11: North v Norwood, Saturday 9 June @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 11: North v Norwood, Saturday 9 June @ Prospect Oval

Post by Mongrel Punter Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:50 pm

This game has the potential to be a beauty. Norwood undefeated but had to dig deep to brush off a pesky South, and North showing what they can do when it all gels by defeating Glenelg with a strong finish. My spies tell me that 1 or 2 players from the last time North played Norwood, failed to adhere, early in the game, to a team plan devised to counter Norwood, and by the time it was all put back on the rails, the horse had bolted. North has developed one of the best midfields going round, and Norwood has a couple of high fliers up forward and a very even team contribution. North also has a potent forward line at present. There should be many top competitions between various players from opposing sides. North's team has also been strengthened by the inclusion of Fenton (who will let the opposition know he is there) and Keller back from his knee injury. Strangely North's record on the road is better than at home. Are Norwood due for that first loss? How will each team counter the opposition's strong points? I'm picking North to inflict Norwood's first loss for the year, in front of a partisan crowd, by 15 points.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

My club : north

Back to top Go down

Round 11: North v Norwood, Saturday 9 June @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 11: North v Norwood, Saturday 9 June @ Prospect Oval

Post by JAS Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:51 pm

Our side from the Club site...

CLARKE NEWTON RODAN
BATSANIS LANGFORD BROWN
PHILLIPS ZORZI JONAS
CACHIA WARREN TERLICH
FULLER GEORGIOU BODE

RUCKS
DAWE
SUCKLING
WEBBER
INTERCHANGE
GALLAGHER
DONOHUE
EVANS

INS
ZORZI
GALLAGHER
LANGFORD
OUTS
KIRWAN (OMIT)
L.THOMAS (OMIT)
JERICHO (Soreness)

Regards
JAS
JAS
JAS

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Sad
Nwd…10-11-71
Nth….11-6-72

Goals
Nwd…Phillips x 3, Newton x 2, Terlich, Warren, Donohue, Evans, Batsanis
Nth….Alleway, Johnston x 3, Bennett x 2, Allan, Currie, Stewart

Quarters
Nwd…2-1...4-4...7-8...10-11-71
Nth….3-1...6-1...9-3...11-6-72

Ressies
Nwd…14-9-93
Nth….8-7-55

U18s
Nwd…77
Nth….49

Regards
JAS
JAS
JAS

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Mongrel Punter Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:52 pm

A great game of tough footy with both teams putting everything on the line - fierce tackling and running the ball when the opportunity arose. Without flogging a dead horse, we have some good games of footy spoiled by substandard umpiring, as people from both sides have mentioned about this game. 60 frees in a game is far too many, especially when some of them are soft and yet others are left to go. Two of the umpires today are not up to league standard. Having got that of my chest, the competition between the two teams was full of pressure leading to numerous errors and turnovers. North ended up withstanding it better. Their game plan to counter Norwood worked perfectly. Johnston stood up in the forward lines are provided a good target and finished with 3, Bennett was superb and his report by quick draw Deboy was ludicrous, Allan finished with his usual 35+ possessions, Gallman gave everything, Currie got first hand the ball, and the defence as a unit clicked, and Young worked hard. If this is the real North, they are due for some serious finals' action, and in the next 2 weeks have very winnable games.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:38 am

Mongrel Punter wrote:Without flogging a dead horse, we have some good games of footy spoiled by substandard umpiring, as people from both sides have mentioned about this game. 60 frees in a game is far too many, especially when some of them are soft and yet others are left to go.

Like yourself, I just need to get umpiring off my chest before I add any constructive criticism of the game. Just pathetic, and whilst the administrators of the game continue to think they are doing a good job, then the problem will continue. The game deserves better umpiring than it gets. As for Bode's tackle on Thiele, that's holding the ball every day of the week, but for some reason the (three) umpire(s) didn't think so. It was one of the worst cases of intermittent myopia I've ever had the misfortunte to witness. I was in a good mood until that happened. Evil or Very Mad

Umpires are so good at spotting something happening 100 metres from the play, but can't see what's going on right in front of them. As for holding the ball, that rule needs tearing down and starting again. As for the plethora of 25 and 50 metre penalties, it's time some of these precious darlings learnt to harden the **** up and ignore the odd blast from a player in the heat of battle.

Anyway, on to the game. I hasten to add, umpires are not the reason we lost. Had Norwood won that game it would have been a travesty of justice. Apart from the brilliant efforts of Cachia and Zorzi, most players were below par on form. North Adelaide outplayed us, out-thought us, and simply wanted to win the game more than we did.

At no stage did Bassett ever alter a failing game style, and in a way I'm glad we lost it. However, I've since heard Bass make a comment that he thought Norwood played better footy than North and were unlucky not to win. All I can say to that is bullshit Bass.

This season, Norwood have an abundance of tall marking forwards, and only once yesterday did we kick long to a target in the goal square, that was late in the match when we were 7 points down. Warren, who must have forgotten who he was playing for, suddenly bombed a beautiful long kick which was marked by Newton to put us only 1 point behind. For the next couple of minutes, we continued to hug the boundaries and kick into the pockets. Sometimes I really hate watching Norwood play.

North were too desperate, too willing to do the 1 percenters, and too talented on the day. A deserving victory to the roosters who can look towards the rest of 2012 with an air of confidence. Norwood have a lot of hard work and soul searching to do if we hope to be celebrating a flag at the end of the season.

The only upside for me is wondering how Norwood only managed to lose by 1 point when in reality we should have lost by 6 goals. Having played so poorly all day and still finding a way to almost win is the only positive thing I find.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Country Cock ! Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:38 am

Great Win, told ya we could beat anyone Round 11: North v Norwood, Saturday 9 June @ Prospect Oval 1920501681
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:36 pm

Nathan Bassett's blog on the game:

Lucky I saw it Cool

BASS' BLOG VS NORTH
12 June 2012

Poor tackling and a lack of discipline; the two main reasons we put ourselves in a position to lose to North at Prospect on Saturday afternoon. There were other reasons, like our skill execution, poor decision making into the forward line and lack of forward pressure, but the first two are the main reasons.

We won contested ball on our statistics by a large margin, the first time in three years that we have lost when achieving that. We won the clearances, had eight more inside 50’s and four more scoring shots; all firsts in a losing effort, which probably shows how bad we were in the first two areas mentioned. In saying that North’s pressure was very good and whilst I thought our defenders did a good job North have the best tall forwards in the competition when Daniel Stewart is playing for them.

The last three games have shown to me that we need better balance in the teams we pick. This week we will be tested by players missing with injury but I am confident that the depth that we have valued so far this season will perform against Glenelg on Sunday at Coopers Stadium.
After a great turn out from Norwood supporters at Prospect on Saturday I am hopeful that you haven’t lost the love just yet. Stick with us, it should be a good game and I know the players would be hoping to see a big crowd there.

This week I would like to thank Will Dalwood for his efforts over the last three years. After conversations with Will over the last few weeks he has decided to leave the club and I respect his decision, though he also mentioned that if we desperately need a tall defender he is happy to answer the call. Will has been a terrific club man and he will be missed, especially for his ability to organise a social function. I missed out on the lamb on a spit at his house last time; I hope I can still get an invite the next time!

Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:59 pm

Amazing isn't it? On one hand he laments our lack of tall defenders, on the other hand he's prepared to let Will Dalwood go.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:29 pm

redandblack wrote:Nathan Bassett's blog on the game:

There were other reasons, like our skill execution, poor decision making into the forward line and lack of forward pressure

There it is: Norwood's continuity theory. In times of crisis, we always revert to chipping the ball around and kicking wide to the pockets. It's like a disease at Norwood, and if it's not being coached, where is it coming from?
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:14 am

well after waking up early & watching the last quarter i can not understand why North were 'lucky', firstly (as AH as eluded to in the above post) early in the term Norwood kicked 3 points in a row all relatively easy shots, while Ryswyck kicked straight in that same period, that isn't luck it is skill & composure, ive now seen the 'Bode tackle' & yes i would have called out 'BAAAWWWWLLLL' yes it was a great tackle but i don't think the North player (was it Thiele ?) had prior opportunity, then in the dying stages Georgio (not sure of spelling) had taken a mark & played on when off balance, that was a poor judgement by him, not luck by North
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down