South v Glenelg at Hickinbotham Good Friday night.

+8
UncleHuey
dedja
Ben W
Southee
Adelaide Hawk
howthewestwaswon
bayman
Admin
12 posters

Go down

South v Glenelg at Hickinbotham Good Friday night. Empty South v Glenelg at Hickinbotham Good Friday night.

Post by Admin Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:22 pm

Glenelg have been quiet, while South have attracted the usual pre-season hype. This time it looks justified after impressive trial game form.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

South v Glenelg at Hickinbotham Good Friday night. Empty Re: South v Glenelg at Hickinbotham Good Friday night.

Post by bayman Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:23 pm

after watching last Thursdays disaster i hope we win but i have a lot of doubts, i would hope & expect the performance with intensity, skill & over all work rate will lift 400% at least & give South something to think about
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

South v Glenelg at Hickinbotham Good Friday night. Empty Re: South v Glenelg at Hickinbotham Good Friday night.

Post by howthewestwaswon Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:47 pm

South by 2-3 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:13 pm

South have an ordinary record at home but should be good enough to win this one. South by 22 points.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:29 pm

South to crush the Bays and by plenty too!!!

They have a point to prove to win at home and make a good start.

South by 60 points.
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:34 pm

Would happily tip South if it was at Glenelg, being that its a home match for South and under the weight of great expectations, Glenelg by 12pts....
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by dedja Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:15 pm

The Bays have had conflicting trial form whilst South have impressed.

Always close between these sides at Noarlunga and for some reason the win-loss record has been leaning towards the away team in recent times.

Hopefully this trend continues on Friday night.

Great to have footy on Good Friday ... Bays to get up by 23.
dedja
dedja

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:23 pm

The Bays seem to have trouble against South recently, but they do have a good record at Noarlunga. But our preseason was woeful and a lack of relaible goal kickers part from Kirkby may hurt all season.
South by a couple of goals
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:45 pm

The Panthers to get up at home.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:30 pm

UncleHuey wrote:But our preseason was woeful

UH, this part of your post i disagree with, i disagree because yes we were woeful against Port but against West we went pretty well i thought

Button will be a big loss this week, Wazza will have to stand up to give us a chance

bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdofPrey Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:46 am

Really like the look of South this year. If they can win some games at home this time I reckon they'll make the 5.
South by 4-5 goals.
BirdofPrey
BirdofPrey

Teams : Eagles
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:18 pm

I don't care who wins as long as the Eagles win tomorrow against Sturt.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Teams : Eagles
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:29 pm

Ben W wrote:Would happily tip South if it was at Glenelg, being that its a home match for South and under the weight of great expectations, Glenelg by 12pts....

Not happy to have been right there, although South got flogged at home by 29pts rather than the 12. Evil or Very Mad
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:35 pm

bayman wrote:

UH, this part of your post i disagree with, i disagree because yes we were woeful against Port but against West we went pretty well i thought

Button will be a big loss this week, Wazza will have to stand up to give us a chance

well Wazza did stand up as did his team mates, i am happily proven wrong tonight, South had some very good players out there tonight & only a few performed, on the other hand Glenelg had more of our better players playing well, it was basically a complete team effort, i thought Logan was probably our best but it was basically a ''all played well'' situation, for South i thought Wundke & Snook were good from limited opportunities up forward, while most of the other seemed to go in & out of the play too often

reserves
Glenelg 4.2.26 10.8.68 13.12.90 18.16.124

South 1.1.7 3.1.19 11.1.67 13.3.81

league

Glenelg 2.3.15 8.6.54 14.10.94 17.17.119

South 3.4.22 7.5.47 10.5.65 14.6.90

goals Glenelg,
Kirkby 4, Trembath, Hooper 3, Hitchcock 2, Hender, Allen, Logan, Lynch & Davenport all 1

South,
Wundke 5, Snook 3, Liddle, Rolfe 2, Cross, Eddy both 1
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:35 pm

MightyEagles wrote:I don't care who wins as long as the Eagles win tomorrow against Sturt.

that's the spirit Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:45 pm

bayman wrote:
bayman wrote:

well Wazza did stand up as did his team mates, i am happily proven wrong tonight, South had some very good players out there tonight & only a few performed, on the other hand Glenelg had more of our better players playing well, it was basically a complete team effort, i thought Logan was probably our best but it was basically a ''all played well'' situation, for South i thought Wundke & Snook were good from limited opportunities up forward, while most of the other seemed to go in & out of the play too often

Wazza had a great game, won a lot of good taps in the middle and set up the ball beautifully for the midfielders. Good start for the season for the boys.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:53 pm

can someone at South tell that person with the microphone he isn't needed at SANFL footy, people at SANFL are diehards they get it, they do not have to be co hearsed into 'yelling for their team' they do it automatically, the smoke rings, the hovercraft & even the music i can handle for 'extra atmosphere' but a person telling you when to barrack nope not on at SANFL footy
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by dedja Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Could do without the hooch cannon as well, but at least South are trying to do something different so good on them for that.
dedja
dedja

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:38 pm

bayman wrote:can someone at South tell that person with the microphone he isn't needed at SANFL footy, people at SANFL are diehards they get it, they do not have to be co hearsed into 'yelling for their team' they do it automatically, the smoke rings, the hovercraft & even the music i can handle for 'extra atmosphere' but a person telling you when to barrack nope not on at SANFL footy

Yep....cant stand the microphone. Dont mind it after each 1/4 but after every goal ...mmmm...nah!!!!

Dont mind the flames but what really pi$$ed me off was they played music after a Bay goal and did the flame.....my Bay mate turned to me an said "you guys are making us feel right at home!".

Opposition teams are supposed to hate playing down at Noarlunga......we need to do our best at making them hate it too......not encourage it!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:21 am

Media Release April 4/4/2013
Tom Holmes retires

The Glenelg Football Club wishes to advise its members and supporters of the sudden retirement of player Tom Holmes effective immediately.

Holmes met with Club officials yesterday advising them of his regretful and difficult decision to retire citing personal reasons including a planned stint overseas. He addressed the playing group this evening.

Whilst highly disappointed in losing one its most highly valued players and a terrific young man, the Club respects Tom’s decision and wishes him every success. Holmes (24) played 58 games for Glenelg.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down