Will Andy Collins continue at West Adelaide?

+15
oldfella
eartotheground
lachlan
Admin
Ben W
waddayamean
firstblood
bayman
Flag No.10
blacky
Lee
BloodnTars
Adelaide Hawk
Southee
Big Phil
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Will Andy Collins continue at West Adelaide? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Andy Collins continue at West Adelaide?

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:35 am

waddayamean wrote:Is it just me or are there a few Glenelg supporters on that site that have no idea ? There are 2 or3 that just post non footy stuff consistently..Always a case of no understanding of the game but just require a bit of attention.

There's another one who just gets his kicks from belittling other posters and taking cheap shots at them for voicing their opinion without ever giving one himself. He feels threatened by anyone who displays knowledge of the game.

Do yourself a favour, stay away from that "forum", it's on its last legs anyway. Nobody of stature in the SANFL gives it any credence whatsoever. It's just a watering hole for trolls to prove how little they know about the game, and testimony to how ignorant people can be if they really make the effort.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Will Andy Collins continue at West Adelaide? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Andy Collins continue at West Adelaide?

Post by Admin Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:14 am

Interesting that the relevant thread on another site has now been deleted.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:15 pm

Admin wrote:Interesting that the relevant thread on another site has now been deleted.
Feel free to delete this one, until something more official comes out, perhaps?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:26 pm

From Localfootysa...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/west-adelaide-coach-andrew-collins-weighing-up-future/story-e6freckc-1226495513009
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:09 pm

That report is correct. A meeting of players and staff was called for last Friday night, to prepare for next season.

Some people jumped to conclusions and reported those conclusions as fact on another site.

Andy has the total support of the club after getting us to a Grand Final and having all sides in the Finals. It will come down, as Kym Russell says, to whether Andy wants to continue coaching after 5 years.

Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by lachlan Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:25 pm

I want Collins to stay. He has done a great job to get all sides into the Finals this yr. the club needs stability.
Collo has been crticised for his game plan thats for sure. However the club badly needs to recruit a key forwrad
as they haven't had one since 2003 with Bradshaw and before that Adam Richardson.
If they can find a key Forwrad it will help players such as Webb.
lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:52 pm

Admin wrote:Interesting that the relevant thread on another site has now been deleted.

The site may not have had much choice on a number of levels.
eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:04 pm

We should know by the end of the week if Collins is staying on.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/collins-decision-looms/story-fn525un5-1226500533469?from=public_rss
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:15 am

I notice that the perennial lemon-eaters have Andrew Collins leaving and players jumping ship due to his (successful) game style.

I'm hoping the club makes an announcement soon, but my observations are that the players want him to stay and back him totally.

They also say our 7th to 2nd is only due to our list and no credit goes to his coaching. Rolling Eyes

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:29 am

I thought that at best the West Adelaide list was middle of the road in comparison to other clubs and to get that list to the Grand Final was a very good coaching effort.

I find that many of these comments takes away from just how good a team Norwood were this year against all sides and just shows disrespect to that club or is not playing in the grand final still hurting.

oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by lachlan Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:38 pm

As I have stated before I believe its important for Collo to stay especially when you have taken a side from 7th to 2nd

I hope the club announces he is staying soon. its good to hear that the players want him to stay ( i refer R&B's post)
lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:26 pm

I can't take credit for this one which appears in another "place".

"Why is Collo taking so long with his decision, Has he be seconded by Noah, whilst he takes a holiday break"

Cheers,
Go Legs
Go Legs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:42 pm

Welcome, Go Legs Very Happy

They don't have much imagination at all in the other 'place'.

I see Collo more as Moses, taking us to the Promised Land cheers
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:44 pm

redandblack wrote:Welcome, Go Legs Very Happy

isn't Moses' ''clan'' still looking for the promise land ? Razz Razz
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:49 pm

You boys have a great sense of humoour, classics and GOLD both
Go Legs
Go Legs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:23 pm

bayman wrote:

Perfect fit for Westies then Cool
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:10 pm

redandblack wrote:
bayman wrote:

Perfect fit for Westies then Cool

newsflash....we're still looking for it as well Very Happy Wink
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:28 pm

Actually Moses people have found "their" land and tend to beat the crap out of anyone who interferes with them
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:30 am

Yep, Moses can lead you to the promised land but when Moses parted the waters for the Isralites to move through to the promised land, it can be understood through fluid dynamics. The wind moves the water in a way that's in accordance with physical laws, creating a safe passage with water on two sides and then abruptly allowing the water to rush back in. Moses was lucky that a stiff southerly sprung up at the right time.
In other words... kick with the wind when winning the toss. Smile
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:34 am

I guess they didn't have Vac swim classes back then. Rolling Eyes
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:13 pm

Strange, I always though Moses passed water Very Happy live and learn hey
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldy Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 pm

oldfella wrote:Strange, I always though Moses passed water Very Happy live and learn hey

Didn't Moses play Fullback for Jerusalem? Just what you need, another backman. Wink
Baldy
Baldy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:41 am

firstblood wrote:Moses was lucky that a stiff southerly sprung up at the right time.
farao Bassett then caused a strong Easterly to sweep down from The Parade to smite the GF.

(And GF doesn't mean Great Flood !)
Wink
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:13 am

I used to call Graham Cornes "Moses" because every time he opens his mouth, the bull rushes.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:27 am

Shocked
And that, gentlemen, is all I have to say on this matter

Cheers
Go Legs
Go Legs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next