Andy Collins are politician ?

3 posters

Go down

Andy Collins are politician ? Empty Andy Collins are politician ?

Post by bayman Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:31 pm

Andy Collin's report on the game from Westies' web site:

it was West v Sturt on July 7th
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Coaches Report v Sturt

I was asked after the game why did you play a more offensive game today. I asked them to explain their comment and observations further while I listened with a smile.

The scoreboard looked terrific after the game. A winning margin around 10 goals and scoring close to 20 goals. I can honestly tell you the players just executed their game at a higher level than they have all year. Kicking and handball efficiency was at a season high, our contested game was technically better and the accuracy at goals was a real positive.
in the early hours of this morning i watched the second half of last weeks West v Norwood clash

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
to help me can someone (who knows how to do it) please put up CK's post match interview with Andy Collins

this (below) is Andy Collins blog from the West v Sturt match on July 7th

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A win like this is superb for the group and another positive lesson on the path to becoming a better team. Sturt Football Club had been hit by injuries and was coming of a short 6 day recovery and we love playing at City Mazda Stadium. As a Coach you would love the stars to align each week but the reality is that each game is a new challenge. There are so many variables in Australian Rules football that if you do not prepare well you normally lose.

Already my mind (and I hope the players as well) is about preparing for Glenelg.

I still would like to thank the players and staff for a great team effort yesterday.

I would also like to thank those that made the effort to come to the game. A large and positive supporter group does make a difference.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so i read that with interest at the time but after hearing that interview with CK, Andy Collins must surely go into politics because i'm certain he said ''we had (yes past tense) a more defensive style''

so please someone put that footage up to confirm this is what was said or did i just dream it

bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Andy Collins are politician ? Empty Re: Andy Collins are politician ?

Post by testy Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:41 pm

And am I dreaming about the heading of this post "ANDY COLLINS ARE POLITICIAN" ? Question
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:45 pm

Bayman, this is from the ABC iview section - scroll along the bottom to 2:44.17 for the Andrew Collins interview:

http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/25137

(note, this will only be up until Sunday night)
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:50 pm

testy, i took poetic licence with my statement because to me the blog & the interview differ somewhat, thus being 'a politician' Very Happy Wink

i feel vindicated that Andy has said they ''had a strong defensive action over the last 3 or 4 years'' rather than being told i am wrong & it isn't the game plan, because surely the coach can't be wrong !!!

by the way, i'm not for or against any game plan, i just make my observation on what i see

who was the distinguished looking man with a goat-tee singing the club song after the game ? Razz

thanks to CK for the link

bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down