A Mum
26 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Port Adelaide - Page 11 Empty Re: Port Adelaide

Post by Scrappy Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:41 am

PORT TOP TOP UPS AFTER  ESSENGATE

" Obviously we're disappointed because clearly we are an innocent victim in this saga and we thought we put together a compelling argument to the AFL"

By
David Koch

" Imagine what Eddie McGuire would have said had this ruling been against Collingwood
There would have been hell to pay

By
Keith Thomas

I fully understand the comments of Thomas and Koch

By
Scrappy
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:12 am

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2016-04-14/power-to-play-in-china?camefrom=EMCL_1052440_40783841

A MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING has been signed between Port Adelaide, the AFL and the Power’s new partner Shanghai Cred Real Estate to play a premiership season game in China in 2017.

The agreement was witnessed by the Prime Minister of Australia Malcolm Turnbull in his first act in China as Australia’s leader.

The Memorandum will see all parties endeavour to stage a match in China next year, and to support China Central Television (CCTV) in broadcasting AFL coverage in China and the Power’s Chinese social media accounts on WeChat and Weibo.

Importantly for the Power's Australian fan base, Port Adelaide will not sacrifice a home game at the Adelaide Oval to play in China next year.

The agreement, which follows a multi-million-dollar partnership signed earlier on Tuesday between Port Adelaide and Shanghai Cred, will also see Port Adelaide become the key promotor of the game in China with the support of the AFL.

The Power will run school and Auskick programs in China, as well as support university programs in Guangzhou.

“Today is a day that has been the culmination of a lot of hard work and to be honest, a day that many thought would never happen,” Port Adelaide chief executive Keith Thomas said in Shanghai on Tuesday.

“I’m incredibly proud to have a signed a Memorandum of Understanding on behalf of the Port Adelaide Football Club that ensures we will do everything possible to play a game for premiership points here in Shanghai as early as next season.

“Only last week we announced a landmark partnership with CCTV to broadcast three Port Adelaide game into China, along with a 25-week documentary series. We see today’s announcement as another important step in bringing the people of Australia and China together through a mutual passion for sport.

“Our partnership with CCTV is more than just entertainment; it is about understanding. Through our regular AFL programs on CCTV, the viewers in China will see more of Australia and learn more about our culture and Australian life.”

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan was in attendance at the event and said the AFL would support Port Adelaide’s desire to play a premiership season game in China next year.

“Port Adelaide, through the efforts of chairman David Koch and chief executive Keith Thomas, has done much outstanding work in the last four years to rebuild its position and profile within our competition,” he said.

“The club has now taken another significant step forwards with its move into China, to further expand its supporter base and build the wider exposure of the club and our game beyond Australia with its commitment to support school and university programs in Shanghai, Guangzhou, along with current AFL programs in China.

“The AFL will work with Port Adelaide to explore all available options to take a first game for premiership points into China.”
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:13 am

PORT ADELAIDE has signed a unique three-year partnership with leading Chinese property developer Shanghai Cred.

Announced at the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai on Thursday morning, the multi-million dollar deal will see Port Adelaide take primary responsbility for developing Australian Football in the world's most populous country.

Within the partnership, Port Adelaide will:

Hold annual training camps in Shanghai.

Continue to sponsor the South China AFL, Guandong AFL, Team China and Auskick programs as part of the arrangement.

Produce AFL programs and broadcast games into China via China Central Television (CCTV) and other networks.

Conduct business events in Shanghai, Beijing and Hong Kong.

Speaking in Shanghai on Thursday, Port Adelaide chief executive Keith Thomas said the Shanghai Cred-Port Adelaide partnership would allow AFL to develop within the world's biggest growth market.

“The most pleasing element of this partnership is that it goes well beyond the football field,” he said.

“This partnership significantly strengthens Port Adelaide providing us with the confidence and ability to continue to grow our football club. It also allows us to play a key role in  promoting the most exciting game in world sport to China.

“It is meaningful for Australians to see China embrace our indigenous game and equally important to the Chinese community that we are prepared to introduce Australia’s game to their culture.

"We believe sport and Australian football will become an increasingly important component of Australia and China’s future relationship.

“We are thrilled to welcome Shanghai Cred and their founder Mr Gui Goujie to the Port Adelaide family.”

Mr Gui has witnessed Australian Football first-hand as a spectator at Power home games at the Adelaide Oval and says the combative nature of the sport is what appealed most to him.

His company Shanghai Cred is an agribusiness that has already signed several agreements with Australian farmers and works to link Australia's strong agriproducts industry to the lucrative Chinese market.

"Australian Football is Australia’s iconic first sport with a renowned history for over a hundred years and the Port Adelaide Football Club is central to this,” Mr Gui said.

“I have had the pleasure of seeing Port Adelaide play at Adelaide Oval and the atmosphere at a live game is most thrilling.

“On behalf of Shanghai Cred, I am delighted to be partnered with Port Adelaide. This partnership will promote and share the beauty of AFL in China and will enlighten and enrich our sporting culture.

“I have great confidence that once this sport is imported into China, it definitely will gather a huge group of fans and refresh the cultural exchange between China and Australia.

“I strongly believe this moment will be firmly framed in the sports history of our country.”

Port Adelaide will make an additional announcement from Shanghai

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2016-04-14/port-signs-deal-with-shanghai-cred
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:44 pm

Gingernuts wrote:
bayman wrote: looks good value to me so i've taken it but be warned Port rarely gives me a good result

Well here's hoping you've just taken one for the team then bayman! Wink Laughing

That promotion bet not looking good, however I did give a warning that port seldom do me any favours! !!
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:56 pm

There's always talk of coaches getting the sack
1870 ports coach of one port contract doesn't look to good
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:28 pm

You would hope the GWS game was not one being broadcast into China. Very Happy

I think it is a bit much to want to play games in China and have all the Port paraphernalia displayed but for another team to lose their home game.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue May 03, 2016 4:49 pm

SCANS have shown Matthew Lobbe ruptured his posterior cruciate ligament on Sunday and will spend around three months in rehabilitation.

A smooth recovery for Lobbe would mean he returns around Round 18 of the AFL season.

Lobbe suffered the injury during a second quarter incident playing for Port Adelaide against Sturt in the SANFL last weekend.

According to the Power’s head of high performance Darren Burgess, the nature of the injury allows Lobbe to commence rehab without going under the knife.

“Really disappointing news for ‘Lobes,’ the scans show a full rupture of the PCL, which will keep out for around 12 weeks,” Burgess told portadelaidefc.com.au.

“The timeframes for recovery are pretty similar whether he has surgery or not.

“It’s a fairly standard rehab program that he’ll do, he’ll be in a knee brace for about six weeks, and will commence running in 6-7 weeks.”

Port Adelaide is yet to make a decision on whether it will add Lobbe to its long term injury list.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:36 pm

can someone tell me what you get/have in ''The Locker Room'' at Port home games ?

i've been invited to a Port match in a few weeks time & it is in ''The Locker Room''
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:21 am

bayman wrote:can someone tell me what you get/have in ''The Locker Room'' at Port home games ?

i've been invited to a Port match in a few weeks time & it is in ''The Locker Room''

You can see the players warm up in the rooms before hand, you get drinks and nibble then and at half time and I think access to the rooms after the game. Sounds pretty average.

If you don't fancy using them I know someone who would really, really, really love the experience. Wink
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:15 pm

Booney wrote:
bayman wrote:can someone tell me what you get/have in ''The Locker Room'' at Port home games ?

You can see the players warm up in the rooms before hand, you get drinks and nibble then and at half time and I think access to the rooms after the game. Sounds pretty average.

If you don't fancy using them I know someone who would really, really, really love the experience. Wink

thanks, was just curious as to what it all meant, i suppose i better not wear my Glenelg jacket seeing it is the Port v Richmond match, thanks again will now look forward to that experience
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:24 pm

bayman wrote:
Gingernuts wrote:
bayman wrote: looks good value to me so i've taken it but be warned Port rarely gives me a good result

Well here's hoping you've just taken one for the team then bayman! Wink Laughing

That promotion bet not looking good, however I did give a warning  that port seldom do me any favours! !!

extremely happy to have ''donated'' $25.00 for the cause Cool Very Happy
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11