bayman
Scrunch
UncleHuey
Gingernuts
13 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

R5 - West Coast vs Port Adelaide & Adelaide vs GWS Empty R5 - West Coast vs Port Adelaide & Adelaide vs GWS

Post by Gingernuts Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:32 pm

The most interesting of the games involving the two local sides will definitely be Port Adelaide's away trip to Perth to take on West Coast.

West Coast started the season well, but the injury curse has once again befallen them. Whispers are several names will be back this week, and I think that is what the result will depend on to be honest. If WC line up similarly to last week then you would think it will be a comfortable win to Port, but if the Eagles can get a bit of experience back into the line them it will be game on.

Adelaide finally broke the shackles last weekend and Adelaide Oval will be packed full of locals expecting the same sort of performance this Sunday against GWS. You would certainly expect 'Ten Goal Tommy' Lynch to come back into the side on the back of a commanding return in the SANFL last weekend. Can't see too many other changes .... although Dangerfield looks proppy and well below his best, injury problems perhaps?

Post away......

Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

R5 - West Coast vs Port Adelaide & Adelaide vs GWS Empty Re: R5 - West Coast vs Port Adelaide & Adelaide vs GWS

Post by UncleHuey Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:00 pm

You would think Adelaide would be too strong and should win comfortably.

The Eagles are missing half their best team with injuries. I might have to wait ands see who they get back (or lose if Natanui's leg is bad) before I make a guess. On current form you would think Power will be too strong over there.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

R5 - West Coast vs Port Adelaide & Adelaide vs GWS Empty Re: R5 - West Coast vs Port Adelaide & Adelaide vs GWS

Post by Scrunch Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:52 pm

Both should win again. Easy to be in coast mode coming off a 100+ point win, but somehow I don't think Hinkley is the type to allow that to happen. Agree on Dangerfield, certain he's playing through injury. Despite their injury concerns, West Coast should be harder to beat at home this season so would expect it to be a good game.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:11 pm

Adelaide by over 10 goals & at this stage i'd say Port but if West Coast get a few back i'd change my mind
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:22 pm

Port have an average record over West in recent years, usually on the back of Cox/Natanui or Sandilands dominating in the rucks. Lobbe is one of the form ruckman of the comp and Westhoff offers adequate chop out, while Jacko Trengove also spent time in the centre last week. That hopefully helps us break even. One unlucky little bloke this week when Wingard comes back in. It can't be Matt White, he's been outstanding since coming from Richmond. Sammy Gray should have done enough to keep his spot and might be the sub. Aaron Young probably the unlucky one.

Mumford is out so Jono Giles will have to do all the work against Jacobs, and Jacobs will smash him to pieces.

What's up with Danger, Ginge? Is he carrying an injury or is he just frustrated at the attention he is copping?

All this talk about taggers/scraggers gives me the irrits. I like to see the best do their thing, but players have to do what they can to stop the guns and if the umpires dont see it then play on, just get on with it.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:29 pm

Booney wrote:
All this talk about taggers/scraggers gives me the irrits. I like to see the best do their thing, but players have to do what they can to stop the guns and if the umpires dont see it then play on, just get on with it.

I agree up to a point. I love to see two players going hard at the ball and trying to stop the other, but when one player makes getting the ball his first intent and a tagger makes getting the ball a second priority to stopping his opponent getting the ball I am less impressed.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:52 pm

*Insert Gary Ablett Jnr here*

There's 18 out on the field for each team, either get your mates to help out or shake him off yourself. I've got no time for players thinking they've been hard done by. $400k per year to do what you love and for 2 1/2 hours on a Saturday someone makes life hard for you? Poor diddums....get on with it.

Did I make my point?  Wink Laughing 
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:43 pm

I think it's a bit of both re Danger, certainly copping attention but also carrying a bit of a niggle, possibly an ankle from what I hear.

I actually though he was really good on the weekend still though. He is great whether he's got the ball or not, and I'm quite happy for him to be busting up packs while others to clean up the crumbs.

Not too worried anyway, to me it's more about other midfielders stepping up and giving opposition coaches more to worry about than just Dangerfield.

In other news I hear rumours the BIG TEXAS could front up ANZAC day weekend for the Crows SANFL side against Glenelg!
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:03 pm

Big Texas hey...be still my beating heart. Wink 
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:16 pm

Can't see Adelaide belting GWS tbh. They're way more competitive this year. Close with Sydney for 3/4 before running over them. Losing narrowly to St.Kilda, beating Melbourne and leading Western Bulldogs for 3 quarters before running out of legs. They'll be competitive this weekend and may even win.

Port are good things this weekend, sure West Coast have injuries and despite winning their first 3 games they didn't beat much (Western Bulldogs are ok, actually reckon they will make the 8 )and were terrible last weekend. Adelaide have copped alot for losing their first 3 games. West Coast were less competitive down at Geelong than what Adelaide were and now they face Port, after this weekend we could see that West Coast in a bit of trouble.

Last edited by sapaul on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:18 pm

Booney wrote:Big Texas hey...be still my beating heart. Wink 

I'd almost turn for him, I'll admit it. Haha. Love the big fella.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:42 pm

Booney wrote:Port have an average record over West in recent years, usually on the back of Cox/Natanui or Sandilands dominating in the rucks. Lobbe is one of the form ruckman of the comp and Westhoff offers adequate chop out, while Jacko Trengove also spent time in the centre last week. That hopefully helps us break even. One unlucky little bloke this week when Wingard comes back in. It can't be Matt White, he's been outstanding since coming from Richmond. Sammy Gray should have done enough to keep his spot and might be the sub. Aaron Young probably the unlucky one.

Mumford is out so Jono Giles will have to do all the work against Jacobs, and Jacobs will smash him to pieces.

What's up with Danger, Ginge? Is he carrying an injury or is he just frustrated at the attention he is copping?

White plays well on the open spaces of Subi and as you have said has been in excellent form for his new club, no way he's coming out I would think.

Danger is carrying for sure I reckon, and I completely agree with your thoughts on taggers. The ball magnets should be thankful they don't have to cop the same treatment their predecessors did.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:00 pm

Gingernuts wrote:

Shocked 
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:11 pm

You mean you never had the same feelings for Brant Chambers, Chambo?  Razz 
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:52 am

Gingernuts wrote:

If, and I say IF I was ever contemplating turning, for a "big fella" it would not be. Laughing
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:57 am

Trust you to take it to the point of thinking through the dimensions, I can't say I've thought about it that sort of detail.  Laughing 
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:25 am

I've not really either, it was just the "turn for the big fella" that made me think.

I'm a thinking man Ginge, always thinking. Very Happy 
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:12 pm

Adelaide to win by 6-7 goals at home.

I think WCE will just get past Port by 1-2 goals at Subiaco.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:48 pm

So anyway, back to the game.

Who will make way for Tom Lynch and potentially Mitch Grigg too?

Brodie Martin would be in the sights. Unfortunately for him he wore the subs vest for most of the game last week against the Saints, and was quite fumbly when he did finally get a run. Would love to see him succeed, but I just don't know if it's going to happen for him unfortunately.

Grigg may have to wait his turn unfortunately, hard to see who would come out of the side for him.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:24 am

The last time both Adelaide and Port Adelaide won on the same weekend 2 weeks in a row was rounds 6 and 7, 2008.
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:15 pm

Heath Shaw out for GWS. That will hurt them on top of Mumford already being out.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by valleys07 Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:25 pm

Port by 13 points
Adelaide by 37 Points
valleys07
valleys07

Teams : Port Adelaide, Port Power, Hope Valley

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:40 pm

Port by around 30 points.

Adelaide by plenty, at least 10 goals. GWS have been good, but without Mumford Sauce will dominate in the ruck and our midfielders will be dining out on silver service all arvo IMO.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:42 pm

Port by 22 - Lobbe in great form in the ruck, Ports midfield too deep for West Coast to run with all day, forward options a plenty for Port. Ports key backmen capable of holding West Coasts forwards.

Adelaide by 77 - Far too strong for GWS with no Mumford and Shaw. Far too strong. Crowd will be interesting - 34,398
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:14 pm

Betting even between Power and Eagles.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next