Ben W
7 posters

Go down

South vs Glenelg Review  Empty South vs Glenelg Review

Post by Ben W Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:13 pm

South 17.7 109

Def

Glenelg 11.16 82

Will post more of the stats up later when I get a complete list, Wundke and Ainger both bagged four each for the Panthers.

Huge effort by South tonight to win away at Glenelg. Very impressed with how several lads have improved their game. With players coming back into our side from injury it does seem to make a huge difference.

Nick Liddle played a very high quality game tonight, he has consistently been amongst the best at South since he was recruited. Tom MacNamara seems to be hitting his straps and clearly played his best game since coming back to South from the Melbourne FC. Andrew Ainger has really put on some skills in the off season break as has Nathan Daniel. Mitch Sandery played his second game tonight and got better as the night wore on. Many more I can name and therein is what is exciting about South Adelaide. Many lads that clearly have the talent to play and who are putting their hand up accordingly. Good team game from South and long may it continue.

As for Glenelg not having watched them each week its difficult to say what went wrong tonight. South gave their forwards hell all night with very strong pressure and seemed to deviate away from their running game somewhat and it seemed at times that Massie struggled to keep up with South's zoning from half back. Although he likely did not pick up anything like the most touches for the Bays, I liked what Rudolph contributed to the game and felt he did pretty well to hit back with plenty of pressure of his own. Despite tonight's result I can see Glenelg bouncing back pretty quickly. They might be a younger group and somewhat reliant on AFL listed players, yet they also have plenty of potential as a side that lost a massive portion of their list last season. Think they very much will be around the mark to pressure for that final spot in the five when it counts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

South vs Glenelg Review  Empty Re: South vs Glenelg Review

Post by Southee Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:28 pm

Just got in and still smiling!!

A wonderful win against a side that was full of confidence.

Nothing beats the feeling of beating the Bays on their home soil.

Wundke. Ainger looked dangerous and beat their Bay opponent.

Our engine room battled all night and beat the Bays in the centre. Liddle is a complete superstar!!! BOG for me ...the man just does not stop running all night. Cross, Stribling, Daniel great support. Bass is in fine form and has improved so much since last year. He had a great game and had beat a Bay AFL listed player!!!
McNamara had his best game since joining the club down in defense. He must of got the message from Ronnie to lift his game as he sure took a step up tonight.
Rarely did we have a passager tonight - total team effort.

As for the Bays, I think you are better off without your AFL listed players as some of them tonight let you down and were probably thinking more about going over to the Holdy for a drink after the game!!

Small South crowd there tonight ( hey?? nothing unusual) but some wonderful passionate and proud people tonight left the ground with a smile on there faces. I especially enjoyed waiting to cross the pedestrian lights at Brighton Road to have a car pull up near with a Glenelg supporter poke his head out the window and scream to me " F**K SOUTH!!....!!"

.....Thanking You Kind Sir.

I still had that smile on my face Wink
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 pm

Went to the game tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it. Glenelg should have been 6 goals up half way through the second quarter but they wasted opportunities and South were quite clearly the better side. Best for South was easily Liddle with the usual suspects of Cross, Stribling, etc following along behind. Was very impressed by McNamara as well. Logan was clearly the bays best. Hitchcock, Salopek and Davenport didn't look like they wanted to be out there and if I were the bays hierarchy they would be playing 2s next week. How Lally, Reid, the Snooks and McMahon aren't in the league side I'll never know.

Goal Kickers
South: Wundke, Ainger 4, Rolfe 2, Liddle, Daniel, McNamara, Cross, Carey, Hourigan, Miller.
Glenelg: Trembath 3, Kirk, Davenport 2, Allen, Logan, Kirkby, Hitchcock.

Official crowd was 4973 which surprised me a bit Would have thought no more than 4000 considering how many went to the Glenelg v West game.

Last edited by BloodnTars on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added crowd comment)
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by 85 Was A good Year Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:17 am

BnT - Lally and Reid really unlucky to be dropped back. I agree Matt Snook's form must force serious consideration for League Slection soon. McMahon played his first game for 2012 last week where his lack of match practice was evident (pre-season injury had prevented him from even playing trials) I don't think tonight's Reserves game will put his name forward for League yet either. Shannon Snook will get his chance soon enough, but with the AFL guys coming back there's just not enough spots available.

Davenport has been great since joining the club - both on and off field. Can't say I noticed anything to indicate he doesn't want to be at the Bay. Will say that Cameron Hitchcock's attitude is 100% better this season than we witnessed last year. And I'm not the only one who has commented on it.

Result was disappointing from a Glenelg fan perspective. But it was pleasing to see Max Proud fit into League footy with ease on debut. He will be a solid player who we will see plenty of in League ranks in years to come.

2 big highlights for me:

1. Josh Trembath's goal from the boundary (School end) I really admire "T-Bar". I've watched him play from U17s upward. I know he is capable of being a strong focal point, and am so glad he's starting to make his mark in the league team

2. Chase and run down resulting in holding the ball decision by Lewis Hender - Gotcha! Another lad I love watching
85 Was A good Year
85 Was A good Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:43 am

Ben W wrote:Wundke and Ainger both bagged four each for the Panthers.

I went for the Bays, but I didn't know Wundke would be playing. Call me old fashioned if you like, but NOTHING is better in football than having two key forwards impose themselves on a game. In an era when most coaches seem to prefer having a dozen players share 16 goals between them, and running players off the field the moment they score a goal, it's great to see 2 forwards with a bag of goals each.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:05 pm

Well played to south, just simply too good for us last night.
The Emperor
The Emperor

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by ca Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:37 pm

South played some okay football but Glenekg would be very dissapointed with the result. The bays really had their chances. Great atmosphere.
ca
ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down