+2
UncleHuey
Thiele
6 posters

Go down

South V Glenelg Round 10 Empty South V Glenelg Round 10

Post by Thiele Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:26 pm

SOUTH
South Adelaide has included two hardened campaigners for its encounter against Glenelg on Sunday.
Former Port Magpie Anthony Biemans (hamstring) has been named in the forward pocket after getting through his comeback match in the Reserves with two goals and 14 disposals last Monday.
Utility Nic Schwarz, who has been out with a hand injury, has been thrust back into the side at half forward despite not playing since the Round 3 draw with the Tigers.
Ruckman Cam McGree, who was a late withdrawal last Monday with a groin ailment, has been named on a five-man extended interchange bench.
Defender Jaidan Kappler has been omitted.
Encounter Bay product Ben Heaslip will play his 50th Statewide Super League match.
League
F: Liddle, Davis, Biemans
HF: Schwarz, Overall, Fitt
C: Sampson, Heaslip, Karpany
HB: Haines, Summerton, Brown
B: Rose, Crabb, Loneragan

R: Cailotto, Cross, Noble
INT: Whittlesea, Emery, McGree, Kennedy, Bogle
IN: Biemans, Schwarz, McGree
OUT: Kappler

Reserves
Badger, Baker, Beenham, Colwell, Davies, Elmes, Grimley, Irra, Juckers, Kappler, Lovering, Makoi, Manuel, McKinnon, Mills, Milsom, Moffa, Snelling, Whitbread, Wilkinson.
Under-18
F: Riddle, Ryan, Fitzgerald
HF: Oliver, Kernahan, Nye
C: Spicer, Cilfton, Coulthard
HB: Spacie, Douglass, Copley
B: Austin, Hindes, Kraemer
R: Williams, Sampson, Hamilton
INT: Brown, Strapps, Rogers, Reed, Inthavong, Calyun, Little
GLENELG
Glenelg has added two potential inclusions for its trip south to Noarlunga to face South Adelaide on Sunday.
Tall utility Tom Schott and possible RAA Rookie Seb Kerrish have been listed on the five-man extended interchange bench which must be trimmed by two before the bounce.
From Plympton FC, Kerrish (20, 186cm and 74kg) has impressed in the Reserves this year after having a strong pre-season campaign.
Classy midfielder Marlon Motlop will play his 100th Statewide Super League match after making his debut with North Adelaide in 2008.
League
F: Reynolds, McBean, Gregson
HF: Close, Scott, Agnew
C: Motlop, Snook, Scharenberg
HB: McCarthy, Curran, Uebergang
B: Joseph, Proud, Chalmers

R: White, Bradley, Partington
INT: Betterman, Schott, Bailey, Kerrish, Sumner
IN: Schott, Kerrish
Reserves
Boyle, Carmody, Carnelly, Carney, Davis, Feely, Holyoak, Kelly-Mansell, Koster, Leck, Lovelock, Martini, McDermott, McPherson, Potter, Schreiber, Searle, Slade, Symonds.
Under-18
F: Slade, Kitschke, McManus
HF: Weir, Grimes, Wright
C: Dowdell, Pedlar, Horsnell
HB: O’Loughlin, Strickland, Beaumont
B: Jones, Hawson, Schreiber
R: Emmett, Liambis, Dean
INT: O’Dea, Murphy, O’Brien, Sigal, Wilfred, Edwards, Wanganeen
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

South V Glenelg Round 10 Empty Re: South V Glenelg Round 10

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:41 pm

Kerrish has done alright in the magoos but I can't see who he will replace unless there is an injury. The Bays are travelling nicely and have got good contributions across the board. Defence is very tight and I can't see the Panthers kicking a big enough score to win.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:02 am

South V Glenelg Round 10 Rd_10_13
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:25 pm

One of the better sanfl games Ive seen in recent times. Open, fast paced in patches and the last quarter was just an arm wrestle with the Panthers scoring the win in a close one for a change.
Caillottos late withdrawal saw young McGree thrown in at the deep end in the ruck and I thought he was very good particularly his second and third efforts. Crabb was good on MR Bean after being beaten early, and Joe haines did a"Leo barry" in the dying seconds after an undisciplined effort by Davis threatened to hand the advantage to the Bays. Cross and Liddle were there brilliant best and I was pleased to Schwartz return to the side who gives us a bit of grunt in the middle.
A really good win by the boys who showed some real character to get away with the win in a really tough game.
Bays look like a good side and they have 3 good tall targets in McBean, Reynolds and Scott who are going to cause headaches for most teams.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:19 pm

Good game in great conditions. Both teams struggled with the opposition pressure but were also able to create some free run when clear. Umpiring was bewildering at times. Glenelg won the ruck and clearances but South looked cleaner when they had the ball. I think we missed Joseph and Agnew's run from defence as getting it clear was often a problem. South also had a greater range of scoring options. The Glenelg talls beat their opponents but unlike recent weeks, got little from the small forwards.

The mark from Haines was brilliant, probably game saving.

An enjoyable afternoon apart from the result.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:38 pm

UncleHuey wrote:The mark from Haines was brilliant, probably game saving.
Despite the different context in it not being a Grand Final, that impressive mark from Jo Haines was very much Leo Barry'esque.

One of the best marks at SANFL level that I have seen in a few years, now.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:10 pm

Very important win in a terrific game of footy. Wasted opportunities in the first term, kicked 11 goals through the middle two quarters before prevailing in a final quarter arm-wrestle.

Davis outstanding (bar a brain fade in the closing minutes), Cross and Liddle busy as always, the smooth moving Karpany starting to prove his value, while Crabby battled hard on McBean. After having his colours lowered through the day, Haines took a brilliant pack mark to quell the Bays' final forward foray.

Just 4 goals kickers for the Bays, Scott and Reynolds in particular proving a handful. Felt as though the Bays dominated the air for most of the day.

saintal
saintal

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down