saintal
Southee
blueandwhite
bayman
9 posters

Go down

Round 3 Glenelg v South April 13th Empty Round 3 Glenelg v South April 13th

Post by bayman Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:43 pm

Should be a beauty, undefeated South with the best percentage in the league against third placed Glenelg who has the second best percentage thus far in the season, if we all put in like last night then we’ll be fine & will get the job done & I’ll predict a 21 point win at home

Don’t forget it’s a 1.10pm start this Saturday
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 3 Glenelg v South April 13th Empty Re: Round 3 Glenelg v South April 13th

Post by blueandwhite Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:33 am

South will get the chocolates here- the battle of the cats down at the Litter tray. Milestone game for a club favorite too!
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:35 am

South for me by 15 points.

Flying with confidence and playing some very good football.

200th for Crabby and think the boys will get up for him.

Should be a cracker of a game !
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:44 pm

Promises to be a good contest.

Crabby is a legend. As a dour backman in my short lived playing days I have great respect for his ability, longevity and loyalty.

Remember that peculiar period when Fuller tried to turn him into a CHF? Shocked Reflects how poor we were at the time.

South and the Bays to meet for the second week in a row in the twos. Not ideal, but a quirk of the current arrangements.
saintal
saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:13 pm

saintal wrote:Promises to be a good contest.

Crabby is a legend. As a dour backman in my short lived playing days I have great respect for his ability, longevity and loyalty.

Remember that peculiar period when Fuller tried to turn him into a CHF?  Shocked Reflects how poor we were at the time.

South and the Bays to meet for the second week in a row in the twos. Not ideal, but a quirk of the current arrangements.

,,, there were quite a few "Peculiar " things going on at that time....!

Congrats to Crabby though, one of the clubs great characters and a good honest player. Crabby was never blessed with as much talent as others , I'm sure he'd admit that , but he's made up for it with loyalty ,desperation, a great attitude and durability. To top that off you probably would'nt meet a nicer fellow as well. He's also got a very good sponsor as well....... Laughing
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:26 pm

Tigers at home will win this. Forward line looks too strong for South lead by McBeanpole. The Tiger defence with Proud, Curran, Josep and Bradley are working as a tight unit and should shut down the panther attack.

Bays by 20 points.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:41 pm

GLENELG
Glenelg could regain a pair of star midfielders when it hosts South Adelaide on Saturday.
Former West Coast Eagle Luke Partington has been named on the five-man extended interchange bench after missing Round 2 with a minor hamstring complaint.
As has stoppage king Matt Snook, who has played the past two matches in the Reserves to build match fitness after having a restricted preseason due to groin soreness.
League
F: McCarthy, Scott, Reynolds
HF: Betterman, McBean, Close
C: Gregson, Motlop, Nicholson
HB: Joseph, Gould, Scharenberg
B: Curran, Proud, Chalmers

R: White, Bradley, Agnew
INT: Koster, Hosie, Schott, Snook, Partington
IN: Partington, Snook
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:42 pm

SOUTH
South Adelaide will have a debutant when it travels to face Glenelg on Saturday.
Mature-age forward Kyle Emery will play his first Statewide Super League match after being named in the forward pocket.
The 22-year-old from Palmerston FC in the Northern Territory kicked four goals and had 19 disposals in the Reserves last round.
He has been joined in the Panthers’ 23-man squad by tall utiility Jesse McKinnon, who may be included as a replacement for forward Sam Overall who is in doubt with a groin strain.
South defender Bradley Crabb will play his 200th Statewide Super League game after making his debut in Round 20, 2007.
Fellow backman Tyson Brown will play his 50th Statewide Super League match.
League
F: Emery, Whittlesea, Sampson
HF: Fitt, Cailotto, Schwarz
C: Irra, Cross, Karpany
HB: Haines, Haren, Brown
B: Rose, Crabb, Summerton

R: Knoll, Davis, Liddle
INT: Overall, Heaslip, Noble, Kappler, McKinnon
IN: Emery, McKinnon
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:15 am

Have to respect the perseverance shown from Brown to reach 50 games. When fit is a very handy runner for us.

2011 debut - 7 games
2012- 0 games
2013- 3 games
2014- 0 games
2015- 4 games
2016- 14 games (before tearing hammy in opening minutes of ill-fated finals campaign)
2017- 1 game
2018- 18 games
saintal
saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:01 am

Round 3 Glenelg v South April 13th Rd_3_g10
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:50 pm

Bitterly disappointing result. 23 shots on goal to 8 at 3/4 time, game should have been over as a contest by then.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:29 pm

So very frustrating. Dominated the first 3.5 terms, with a 35 pt lead flattering the Bays. Then South basically went 20 minutes without touching the ball and watched the Bays squander countless opportunities to win the game.

Liked the games of Schwarz, Davis, Overall and Irra. Horrible arm/wrist injury to Josh Scott in the last quarter after he landed awkwardly.
saintal
saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:45 am

So which team should be happy with the draw ?
GL for coming from 35 points down to draw
SA because GL had 4 late chances , for 3 points and an out on the full, and should have stolen the win

In the context of whats happened , I look at it this way
The bookies had GL favorites
I think most pundits tipped GL to win this match
I thought at home GL  would win
Because this game was played at Glenelg Oval, I think perhaps SA are marginally  better off with the draw
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:41 pm

Terrible injury to Josh Scott, with the broken right arm.

Could hear him yelling in agonising pain through the Channel 7 effects microphone.

Good luck in the recovery, Josh.

Is a big blow to the Bays.

Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down