Flag No.10
Feathers
bayman
Big Phil
whybother
19 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Woodville-West Torrens 2019...all discussions  - Page 4 Empty Re: Woodville-West Torrens 2019...all discussions

Post by Scrunch Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:20 pm

Being a bit precious there Micky
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Woodville-West Torrens 2019...all discussions  - Page 4 Empty Re: Woodville-West Torrens 2019...all discussions

Post by mickyj Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:22 pm

[quote="Scrunch"]B

Last edited by mickyj on Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by The G Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:23 pm

I never dragged up Norwood as you suggest . I questionned the salary cap. Is that OK with you ? I posted on every club except Adelaide and Port . Gee wonder why that is . You seem like a little school boy running to dob.
Can you please help us all understand this :

I also noticed and read through every one of yours posts on every club marked 2019.
Not defensive but ADMIN you may need to look at The G's posts for every club marked 2019

I posted my thoughts to try and get the forum away from your dribble TBH.
The G
The G

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:26 pm

mickyj wrote:
Scrunch wrote:Being a bit precious there Micky[/quote

Just My thoughts
One can have a different opinions
I'll go look at your Norwood post

Hmm’kay.. Not sure I see the relevance, but nothing unusual in that I guess
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:30 pm

[quote="The G"]I never dragged up Norwood as you suggest . I questionned the salary cap. Is that OK with you ? I posted on every club except Adelaide and Port . Gee wonder why that is . You seem like a little school boy running to dob.
Can you please help us all understand this :

I also noticed and read through every one of yours posts on every club marked 2019.
Not defensive but ADMIN you may need to look at The G's posts for every club marked 2019

Smile

Last edited by mickyj on Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:32 pm

Renew

Last edited by mickyj on Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:35 pm

Micky everyone has their challenges in life at some point or another, try not to use it to excuse your behavior
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:40 pm

Scrunch wrote:Micky everyone has their challenges in life at some point or another, try not to use it to excuse your behavior

'

Last edited by mickyj on Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by The G Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:42 pm

mickyj wrote:
Scrunch wrote:
mickyj wrote:

Just My thoughts

Seeing I'm a disabled Australian who dribbles on this forum and that upsets another poster . You could be correct.

Let me apologise for being disabled and talking dribble online .

Its a footy forum so talk footy . No one mentioned anything about their abilities or disabilities , nor their country of birth of birth. I suggest you go running to Admin and dob on yourself. I also recommend no one replies anymore to your posts.

The G
The G

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:49 pm

The G wrote:
mickyj wrote:
Scrunch wrote:
mickyj wrote:

Just My thoughts

Seeing I'm a disabled Australian who dribbles on this forum and that upsets another poster . You could be correct.

Let me apologise for being disabled and talking dribble online .

Its a footy forum so talk footy . No one mentioned anything about their abilities or disabilities , nor their country of birth of birth. I suggest you go running to Admin and dob on yourself. I also recommend no one replies anymore to your posts.

I've deleted those posts .
I will no longer post any Eagles updates on here
I will no longer post any Eagles team lines ups on this forum I've been doing for years
I guess I will not be posting on this forum
So you win you have gotten me off this forum
Guess I will just post on the Eagles forum and sanfl Facebook pages
Was nice being a poster on this forum since it began
Guess it's time to let The G win
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:46 pm

Note: The G - you need help. In all your guises from Waddayamean to The G, you can't help but abuse and troll.

We gave you this chance and you blew it.

Permanent ban, don't bother trying again with a new name.

Note 2; - Micky, enjoy posting about footy, perhaps don't flood the forum, respect other posters.

Carry on.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:04 am

Admin wrote:Note: The G - you need help. In all your guises from Waddayamean to The G, you can't help but abuse and troll.

We gave you this chance and you blew it.

Permanent ban, don't bother trying again with a new name.

Note 2; - Micky, enjoy posting about footy, perhaps don't flood the forum, respect other posters.

Carry on.
Ok no worries
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:21 pm

Ok, to get things back on track.

The Eagles have easily been the most consistent team over the last 4 seasons, but without any chocolates at the end. So they must have been doing something right under Godden to set up their finals' campaigns during that time. For one last day (or last 30 minutes!) of each of those campaigns something went horribly wrong.

Whilst personnel come and go in all clubs, a consistent message and game plan that the team buys into and a modicum of experience will gain the most traction in positioning the club for a flag.

Likewise over the last 3 years under Mattner, Sturt has reaped that reward by maintaining a consistent approach and adhering to the style the coach has wanted.

Ironically both of those are now under the same roof with the Crows.

To some degree the Eagles start again with a new message.
But the success of Norwood under Warren (after Basset) shows that a similar message can still keep the same successful approach when coaches change. However, whilst Warren was a product of the Basset system, Lonergan is not a disciple of Goddens. So I guess we will see how they go about it next year.

I would foresee the Eagles will still be around the mark unless there is much upheaval in the playing group, coaching message and the support network.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:30 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Ok, to get things back on track.

The Eagles have easily been the most consistent team over the last 4 seasons, but without any chocolates at the end. So they must have been doing something right under Godden to set up their finals' campaigns during that time. For one last day (or last 30 minutes!) of each of those campaigns something went horribly wrong.

Whilst personnel come and go in all clubs, a consistent message and game plan that the team buys into and a modicum of experience will gain the most traction in positioning the club for a flag.

Likewise over the last 3 years under Mattner, Sturt has reaped that reward by maintaining a consistent approach and adhering to the style the coach has wanted.

Ironically both of those are now under the same roof with the Crows.

To some degree the Eagles start again with a new message.
But the success of Norwood under Warren (after Basset) shows that a similar message can still keep the same successful approach when coaches change. However, whilst Warren was a product of the Basset system, Lonergan is not a disciple of Goddens. So I guess we will see how they go about it next year.

I would foresee the Eagles will still be around the mark unless there is much upheaval in the playing group, coaching message and the support network.

If it's ok to answer your post not intending to take over.
From what I've heard on two interviews the new coach is going to continue on with Goddens defence but to include pace / speed on every line .
I hope that's ok to write.
That's what I've heard from the coaches mouth in two interviews.

Anyone else ?
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:53 pm

The G wrote:
mickyj wrote:
The G wrote:Norwood are rightly often under scrutiny for alleged Salary Cap issues but Eagles never seem to be .

Many years ago the Eagles were over and caught . Since then the Eagles manage their finances better . And look at the players retiring that frees money up .

Maybe The G should ask Norwood why are they under scrutiny .Smile

I made reference to Norwood and was unaware the Eagles cheated . If you read my post you might be less defensive .

The Eagles were never found guilty of cheating. An arithmetical error saw the Eagles about $1000 over the Salary Cap. Were fined $2000. Very, very minor.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:22 pm

If you are driving in a 60 zone & are doing 64, you are over the limit, if you are doing 72 you are still over the limit, same thing with this, if over no matter for what reason you get a fine or any other penalty “city hall” feels warranted
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:48 am

bayman wrote:If you are driving in a 60 zone & are doing 64, you are over the limit, if you are doing 72 you are still over the limit, same thing with this, if over no matter for what reason you get a fine or any other penalty “city hall” feels warranted

The word "cheated" was used in a post.....a bit strong really. I didn't say the Eagles shouldn't be fined, I agree with the fine, shoddy work should be penalised. I think a statement was put out by both the Eagles and SANFL acknowledging a calculation error.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:19 am

From posts, it seems Michael Karpany may be heading South - whereas it's always good to get a quick AFL listed player on our books, in MHO, we shouldn't be throwing the "bank" at him. He is another "small" who would (to fit in) have to replace perhaps Haylock, Johannsen or Goldsworthy, more speed, yes, but may be not be an improvement in team contribution - Michael's stats in the WAFL last season were not dazzling.
Better to spend our remaining money (if salary cap permits) on a classy big key forward.

On subject of speedy HF/wingmen, perhaps gun youngster Isaaya Pickett from our U18s will offer that before he gets drafted at the end of 2019. Of course, we lose him to the U18 interstate competition mid season but back for the finals.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:05 pm

Somewhere on here I answered about Karpanny going to
South .
Feathers I think your are correct my apologies i read it wrongly on another forum .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:06 pm

Premiers wrote:From posts, it seems Michael Karpany may be heading South - whereas it's always good to get a quick AFL listed player on our books, in MHO, we shouldn't be throwing the "bank" at him. He is another "small" who would (to fit in) have to replace perhaps Haylock, Johannsen or Goldsworthy, more speed, yes, but may be not be an improvement in team contribution - Michael's stats in the WAFL last season were not dazzling.
Better to spend our remaining money (if salary cap permits) on a classy big key forward.

On subject of speedy HF/wingmen, perhaps gun youngster Isaaya Pickett from our U18s will offer that before he gets drafted at the end of 2019. Of course, we lose him to the U18 interstate competition mid season but back for the finals.

Any clues on a big forward the Eagles are looking at ?
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:09 pm

Woodville-West Torrens' home ground will now be known as Maughan Thiem Kia Oval as loyal naming rights sponsor Maughan Thiem has extended its partnership with the Club until the end of 2020, a partnership beginning in 2013.
Eagles CEO Luke Powell said the Club was delighted to continue its relationship with Maughan Thiem, with the state of the art Maughan Thiem Kia Store opening in Cheltenham in August this year, just a few kilometres from Oval avenue.
''The Woodville West Torrens Football Club feels privileged to continue our strong and prosperous relationship with the Maughan Thiem Auto Group. Daniel Thomas and his team have been outstanding supporters of our Club for a long time. We are thrilled to have our home ground called Maughan Thiem Kia Oval for the next two years, while in the process promoting such a wonderful South Australian brand,'' Powell said.
Maughan Thiem Auto Group CEO Daniel Thomas said, “We are proud to continue the partnership for a further two years with the Eagles. Our team is committed to stand by our company trademarks as we strive to be “pillars of the community” and this sponsorship is one way we can commit to this statement."
"We also see the new age of the Eagles commencing with the appointment of the new senior coach Sam Lonergan as an opportune time to brand the oval with another one of our trusted motor brands, KIA. KIA is the fastest growing vehicle brand in Australia and is enjoying significant growth with its class leading 7-year warranty on all new KIA vehicles. I’d like to thank Luke Powell and Matthew Goldsworthy as they continue to showcase our company to their partners and members. From the entire Maughan Thiem team we wish the entire Club the ultimate success in season 2019,” said Thomas.

Last edited by goddy11 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:42 pm

Feathers,
You mentioned that David Foote was the third most talented junior that you saw come through West Torrens after Harry Puhle and Neville Roberts. Surely you would have a 17 year old champion youngster by the name of Bruce Lindsay up there. Few people would recall the young Bruce Lindsay of pre-ACL rupture days and think of the slower, heavier post -ACL rupture version.
Bruce, at about 17years of age, was bound for a wonderful VFL career. He had already been signed up to commence the following season with Collingwood when, in his last match for West Torrens, a semi-final, he ruptured his ACL. In those days, ACL surgical repair was not as advanced as today and most players struggled to come back to top footy. To Bruce's credit, 2 years later he back playing good team footy, not the scintillating, spectacular stuff of his 17 yearold days and, of course his VFL dreams were over before they began. He continued on as Captain of the Club and one of the inaugural Crows players.

But as a 17 year old, he was playing key midfield roles for the Eagles. Very quick, beautiful kick, spectacular leap for 180cm player. A little like North Adelaide's Antrobus (at his top) but a better kick and playing top footy EVERY week. His injury denied us seeing something special as did Harry Pulhe's injury.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:29 pm

On a side note Bruce Lindsay is in the insurance business
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:54 pm

I asked a question on the eagles foum about Seb Guilhaus. What is his playing status next season? The talk there was he is playing in the NT at the moment. Seb Guilhaus was banned for three matches so is his suspension SANFL specific or has he served it in Darwin?
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:59 pm

That would be an interesting way to get around a suspension. Enroll in NT season and serve the first 3 matches as a "suspension", play the rest of the NT summers (for us) season, and come back to SANFL as a clean skin. Brilliant ! Or doesn't the NT League count as a real league?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next