Flag No.10
Feathers
bayman
Big Phil
whybother
19 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Woodville-West Torrens 2019...all discussions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Woodville-West Torrens 2019...all discussions

Post by Feathers Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:57 pm

Seb is playing in the Darwin G/F today. Would hope he is included in the team to play South next week, desperately needed at the centre ball ups. Thought Sharrad played mainly across h/forward, kicked one great left foot goal and a couple of times bulldozed the ball forward with brute strength, I'm happy with the way he plays, we need someone with a bit ****. He did one piece of great work in front of the western where he danced through defenders, fended off and delivered the ball, at least with Sharrad you get 100% that's why he is now in the leadership group. Didn't really like the swapping of Poole and Hall, wing and taking centre ball ups, prefer Hall on the outside.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Woodville-West Torrens 2019...all discussions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Woodville-West Torrens 2019...all discussions

Post by mickyj Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:15 pm

Feathers wrote:Seb is playing in the Darwin G/F today. Would hope he is included in the team to play South next week, desperately needed at the centre ball ups. Thought Sharrad played mainly across h/forward, kicked one great left foot goal and a couple of times bulldozed the ball forward with brute strength, I'm happy with the way he plays, we need someone with a bit ****. He did one piece of great work in front of the western where he danced through defenders, fended off and delivered the ball, at least with Sharrad you get 100% that's why he is now in the leadership group. Didn't really like the swapping of Poole and Hall, wing and taking centre ball ups, prefer Hall on the outside.

Thanks feathers for that
Shared gives the Eagles that bit of mongrel ( no offence meant ) that the Eagles have lacked for a long time .
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:12 pm

Din't Sharrad get suspended for 3 matches in the 19man PF?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:31 pm

Yes, reduced to 2, will miss first 2 SANFL games, but allowed to play in trial games.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:03 am

This afternoon NITV at 4pm is showing NTFL (says Episode Cool. ? whether it's the GF in which Seb Guilhaus is rucking for Southern Districts. If so, it gives Eagles supporters (and selectors) an opportunity to see how he is travelling.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:06 pm

Premiers wrote:This afternoon NITV at 4pm is showing NTFL (says Episode Cool. ? whether it's the GF in which Seb Guilhaus is rucking for Southern Districts. If so, it gives Eagles supporters (and selectors) an opportunity to see how he is travelling.

Thanks Premiers.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:26 pm

Watching Seb Guilhaus in NTFL grand final at moment. Seb clearly best ruckman on ground and his team's best player.
Get him!
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:32 pm

In true Seb's humour, the number of his Guernsey - No.19.
Commentators are saying that despite Seb's team losing, he is BOG near end of 3rdQ.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:58 pm

Replay on again now.....some familiar names running around, oh & unbelievably John Butcher just kicked a point
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:19 am

Heard an Ad on the radio this morning from WWTFC advertising for members. It highlighted the benefits of sanfl patronage.

It didn't come across to me as being necessarily aimed at current supporters of the Eagles, but sounded more like a target at footy followers generally (particularly kids) who haven't started their SANFL journey or maybe even other dis-affected AFL followers.

This is merely an observation, but it is an interesting approach to take.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:07 pm

Good to see Seb Guilhaus named in the League trial - hope we can win some games during his early 5 game absence (suspension).
Regulars missing: Redden, Petrenko, Boyd, Foote (our 4 best players from last week), Nick Hayes, Poole and Toumpas.
Also good to get our first look at Lonergan.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:26 am

Premiers wrote:Good to see Seb Guilhaus named in the League trial - hope we can win some games during his early 5 game absence  (suspension).
Regulars missing: Redden, Petrenko, Boyd, Foote (our 4 best players from last week), Nick Hayes, Poole and Toumpas.
Also good to get our first look at Lonergan.

Thought Guilhaus only got 3 matches.
The club just had to rest Redden and play both West and Guilhaus this week.
I think you will find Goldsworthy and Hall also missing.
Would definitely have had Nick Hayes (6 goals) in our best four last week.
Don't think Nason is good enough, we should let him go.
Great to see Jackson Mead get a go.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:41 pm

Feathers,
Hope you're right re Guihaus's number of weeks - I thought he got 5 and Sharrad 3..
Isaiah Pickett looked out of his depth for much of last week's match but showed a few football "smarts" to suggest he could make rapid progress within this season and good the selectors are giving him another A Grade trial ( of course, having 9 players missing makes his inclusion easier)

Another good game by backman Schumsch will have him in the mix and possibly give the Eagles of playing Von Bedtouch up forward.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:58 pm

Premiers wrote:Feathers,
Hope you're right re Guihaus's number of weeks  - I thought he got 5 and Sharrad 3..
Isaiah Pickett looked out of his depth  for much of last week's match but showed a few football "smarts"  to suggest he could make rapid progress within this season and good the selectors are giving him another A Grade trial ( of course, having 9 players missing  makes his inclusion easier)

Another good game by backman Schumsch will have him in the mix and possibly give the Eagles of playing Von Bedtouch up forward.

Thanks "Premiers" you could be right, getting a bit old.
Just thought Pickett shouldn't have been selected for the league last week, did not show anything the week before. One thing I like about coach Lonergan he gives everyone and anyone a go in the trial matches. Certainly is his own man.

Was very, very disappointed with Schmusch last year, he seemed lazy and near enough is good enough. Thought he played a very good first quarter against Norwood. He played two years in the state U18 teams so he can't be that bad, was talked about being drafted. Hope he has had change of attitude. Pretty certain some time during the season von Bertouch will play up forward, we lack fire power up there.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:49 pm

In the days of Grocke, then Wundke, the forward line had the benefit of penetrating kicks coming in from half back and wing (Luke Jarrad and Allmond). Hall and Johanssen, although big stat gatherers, can't provide this service and Rowland/Goldsworthy off halfback aren't long kicks. Don't see Jack Hayes lead out & take an easy mark like the forwards of North Sturt Norwood- instead, usually has to battle to take a strong mark under opposition.
Just hope our midfielders can put opposition defence under pressure to release forwards.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:54 pm

Full time in the League trial.
Eagles 13.10 (88) def South 10.12 (72)
Johansen, Jack Hayes , Haylock and Pickett all kicking 2 goals.
#wwtfc #togetherwefly

Took this from Facebook
Did someone mention Pickett in another post kicked 2 goals in the win
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:07 pm

#togetherwefly

Wow that’s original, I wonder where they got that from

Thanks for the score Mickyj
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:37 pm

Reserves
WWTFC  11.9
SA          5.6

League  
WWTFC   3.0  4.3  10.7  13.10
SA          4.3  4.3   7.8   10.12

Goals: Johansen, J. Hayes, Haylock, Pickett 2, Weidemann, Sharrad, Rowe, Guilhaus, Moore 1.

I reckon it was a toss up between Sharrad and Guilhaus for BOG.
Other good players were: Sinor, Haylock, Rowland, Gaffney and Weeds.
Tom Schmush only played the second half and impressed and gave us a bit of run from defence. Jimmy Rowe did some very clever things up forward. Young Weeds was excellent. After a poor first half Pickett did some clever things in the second half and kicked two goals.
Jesse Lonergan was very rusty and only got a few touches.
NOT PLAYING: Toumpas, Foote, N. Hayes, Goldsworthy, Poole, Redden, Petrenko, Hall and Boyd. Nick Hayes only played the first half.
After the first quarter our intensity and tackling were great.
A good all round effort.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:24 pm

while this is a wwt thread just wondering if anyone stoodout for South ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:41 pm

bayman wrote:while this is a wwt thread just wondering if anyone stoodout for South ?
Only one 1/4 where the Eags dominated by the scores.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:25 pm

goddy11 wrote:
bayman wrote:while this is a wwt thread just wondering if anyone stoodout for South ?

Being a bit negative "goddy 11", we also dominated the second quarter but couldn't put it on the score board. We kicked six third quarter goals to the end S.A. couldn't score at in the second quarter. Never looked in trouble after the first quarter, just wore them down. Don't forget we had nine missing that would be in our BEST 22 and J. Hayes didn't play the second half.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:39 am

Feathers wrote:
goddy11 wrote:

Being a bit negative "goddy 11", we also dominated the second quarter but couldn't put it on the score board. We kicked six third quarter goals to the end S.A. couldn't score at in the second quarter. Never looked in trouble after the first quarter, just wore them down. Don't forget we had nine missing that would be in our BEST 22 and J. Hayes didn't play the second half.
I didn't mean to be Feathers. In a poor way I was suggesting that South may have played some good footy. One really good thing is a few of the kids had a run. Seeing Seb and Sharrod in the best is good but we will miss them but at least we are giving them match practice.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:15 am

Given where Seb has been, I’d suggest he doesn’t need match practice but I’ll say the spell on the sidelines might freshen him up & be a positive for the year
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:47 pm

bayman wrote:Given where Seb has been, I’d suggest he doesn’t need match practice but I’ll say the spell on the sidelines might freshen him up & be a positive for the year

The freshening up of Seb might be good for him seeing he has been playing on what looked to be heavy grounds, plus the flight each week, but the Eagles really need him.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:06 pm

Feathers wrote:
goddy11 wrote:

we also dominated the second quarter but couldn't put it on the score board.

This would be not unlike any other club because of the way the game is played nowadays. However, I feel, if we are actually going to win a flag, this is what needs to be cut out - when we are dominating the match, goals need to be flowing our way.

Case in point, the most talked about SANFL match in decades. All that effort for just a 29 point lead at half time. For an out there stat for you - that 29 point lead is the equal highest half time lead for a side to score more in the second half, yet lose.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next