Flag No.10
Feathers
bayman
Big Phil
whybother
19 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Woodville-West Torrens 2019...all discussions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodville-West Torrens 2019...all discussions

Post by mickyj Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:10 am

Big Phil wrote:After being told by the Dogs (for the second time) he is not required, Ben Nason has signed with the Eagles.

This will be his fourth SANFL club, starting at Port, then to Central, Glenelg and now Woodville West Torrens.

One of the nicest guys you could meet and just wants to play footy at the highest level. Will be a good coach.
Thanks big Phil haven't heard a thing from the club
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Woodville-West Torrens 2019...all discussions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Woodville-West Torrens 2019...all discussions

Post by C.K Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:02 am

Big Phil wrote:After being told by the Dogs (for the second time) he is not required, Ben Nason has signed with the Eagles.

This will be his fourth SANFL club, starting at Port, then to Central, Glenelg and now Woodville West Torrens.

One of the nicest guys you could meet and just wants to play footy at the highest level. Will be a good coach.

Only one more club before he equals the unusual record of playing for 5 SANFL clubs, currently held
by Anthony "Bos" Daly - Norwood, South, West Torrens, West and North between 1893 and 1912.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:35 am

Interesting.  CK. I think in those days, if you shifted house, you had to play for the team in your new zone, which might have explained some moves.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:01 pm

Bos Daly must have been a fairly ordinary tenant then.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:30 pm

Lee wrote:Interesting.  CK. I think in those days, if you shifted house, you had to play for the team in your new zone, which might have explained some moves.

Did you see much of him at West, Lee? Wink
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:40 pm

Nason only played in the lower grades at Port; so as far as comparing to Daly, he's got 2 to go
Central, debut Rd 23 and also played in the Qualifying Final:
2009: 2 games 1 goal 5 behinds
Then to the AFL with Richmond:
2010: 19 games 4.3
2011: 4 games 3.3
Back to Central:
2012: 8 games 2.7
2013: 2 games 0.1
2014: 11 games 10.2
Then Glenelg (2015 was the 2nd year Lonergan was there):
2015: 16 games 14.3
2016: 1 game 0.0
And back to Central:
2018: 2 games 2.3
SANFL total: 42 games 29 goals 21 behinds
AFL total: 23 games 17 goals 6 behinds

So that's actually Bulldogs, Tigers, Bulldogs, Tigers, Bulldogs. Assuming Nason gets a League match, that is not unlike Guilhaus but in a different order and way: Glenelg to Eagles to Central to Eagles
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:53 pm

C.K wrote:
Lee wrote:Interesting.  CK. I think in those days, if you shifted house, you had to play for the team in your new zone, which might have explained some moves.

Bos and I were good mates (in his later days, of course).

He was definitely a more upstanding person than you, CK.

No offence, of course Very Happy
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:46 pm

Is there any info on the Eagles just asking Smile
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:07 pm

Surprised that the Eagles thought Ben Nason could offer the Eagles something more than our many "smalls" of Boyd, Poole, Haylock, Johannsen, Rowe (and, perhaps, Toumpas, Karpany). Can also throw in Goldsworthy, Sinor (and lightly built Hall). In last year's finals, we were undersized to all teams.

Re Tim Auckland, unless he's developed a huge amount since last year, his lack of body strength may have him ranked behind West. Indeed, Westie must be thinking whether he has a future at the Eagles if they sign up Tim Auckland who is essentially a tap ruckman.
Instead, we badly need a big key forward (but most sides do, also) If we're thinking of developmental "talls", don't have to look past 194cm Coff (forgotten his name, Coffy something like that) in our U18s who plays full forward/ruck and is in the SANFL Academy squad.
To go to the next level, we don't have to spend a lot, just spend wisely: 1st priority Cam Sutcliffe     2nd Toumpas   3rd Big Key forward
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:51 pm

Premiers wrote:Surprised that the Eagles thought Ben Nason could offer the Eagles something more than our many "smalls" of Boyd, Poole, Haylock, Johannsen, Rowe (and, perhaps, Toumpas, Karpany). Can also throw in Goldsworthy, Sinor (and lightly built Hall). In last year's finals, we were undersized to all teams.

Re Tim Auckland, unless he's developed a huge amount since last year, his lack of body strength may have him ranked behind West. Indeed, Westie must be thinking whether he has a future at the Eagles if they sign up Tim Auckland who is essentially a tap ruckman.
Instead, we badly need a big key forward (but most sides do, also) If we're thinking of developmental "talls", don't have to look past 194cm Coff (forgotten his name, Coffy something like that) in our U18s who plays full forward/ruck and is in the SANFL Academy squad.
To go to the next level, we don't have to spend a lot, just spend wisely: 1st priority Cam Sutcliffe     2nd Toumpas   3rd Big Key forward

I forgot about the young guy did see him play from time to time in 2018.
From what I've seen written from Central's fans Nason seems to be an outside player might back up our in and under smalls .
I've seen talk that the coaches nephew has been delisted from Gold coast he stands 6ft tall midfielder back man I wonder could he be a chance if not drafted.
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:54 pm

C.K wrote:

Only one more club before he equals the unusual record of playing for 5 SANFL clubs, currently held
by Anthony "Bos" Daly - Norwood, South,  West Torrens, West and North between 1893 and 1912.
If you guys are comparing players going from club to club to Eagles ( whichever one )
James Boyd
Scot Lewis
Mark borholm now retired Sturt West Eagles
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:29 pm

Lee wrote:
C.K wrote:

Bos and I were good mates (in his later days, of course).

He was definitely a more upstanding person than you, CK.

No offence, of course  Very Happy

Lee, I take no offence, but will not be the Bunny to your Bos on a Daly basis Very Happy
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:53 am

I believe Jordan West has agreed to go on with the Eagles next season. Needs to get some aggression and determination into his game.
Think Ben Nason would have been told he can come out and train, no promises given and a decision about whether he makes the team would be made after pre-season. This would be very similar to how Seb Guilhaus was handled.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:02 am

Feathers wrote:I believe Jordan West has agreed to go on with the Eagles next season. Needs to get some aggression and determination into his game.
Think Ben Nason would have been told he can come out and train, no promises given and a decision about whether he makes the team would be made after pre-season. This would be very similar to how Seb Guilhaus was handled.

Or how Scot Lewis was handled when he came to the Eagles.
West could be good if he could put in a little more effort wise .
No Seb could help him do that
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:33 am

Yes, Jordan West's football seem to take a backward step last season after showing a lot of promise in 2017. Seb Guilhaus shot ahead of him, showing the experience and bodywork skill that Jordan hasn't got...……..yet.
Let's hope 2019 is his break-out year cause Reddo's bad knee always has us on edge
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:50 am

Premiers wrote:Yes, Jordan West's football seem to take a backward step last season after showing a lot of promise in 2017. Seb Guilhaus shot ahead of him, showing the experience and bodywork skill that Jordan hasn't got...……..yet.
Let's hope 2019 is his break-out year cause Reddo's bad knee always has us on edge

Totally agree
And I think West has a better Goal kicking leg than Seb.
With bomber and Seb gone ( I'm assuming Seb has retired) this is the chance West needs.
A Game Style keeping some of what Godden started in defence and the new coach wanting speed/pace on every position . We Eagles fan base could see different footy .
And yes I did hear Sams two interviews please don't tell anyone I do listen lol
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:28 pm

Jimmy Toumpas will definitely play for the Eagles next season if not picked up by an AFL club (highly unlikely). Has had a small ankle op., but has deferred his shoulder ops until end of next season.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:37 pm

Feathers wrote:Jimmy Toumpas will definitely play for the Eagles next season if not picked up by an AFL club (highly unlikely). Has had a small ankle op., but has deferred his shoulder ops until end of next season.

The rumour going around last year and back up on another footy forum in the last few days is wrong then good .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:41 pm

Jessie Lonergan, delisted from Gold Coast, and nephew of our coach Sam Lonergan. Midfielder/HB played 60 games for Gold Coast. Age 23years, height 183cm weight 89kg. Only played 5 games this year but "closed down" Josh Kennedy from Sydney Swans in their upset win. Originally from Tasmania, can he be coaxed by Sam to play for the Eagles?
Gee, that young ruckman/forward that Westies have  just signed looks to be a talent and exactly the type of player the Eagles need up forward. Dam!
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:09 am

Premiers wrote:Jessie Lonergan, delisted from Gold Coast, and nephew of our coach Sam Lonergan. Midfielder/HB played 60 games for Gold Coast. Age 23years, height 183cm weight 89kg. Only played 5 games this year but "closed down" Josh Kennedy from Sydney Swans in their upset win. Originally from Tasmania, can he be coaxed by Sam to play for the Eagles?
Gee, that young ruckman/forward that Westies have  just signed looks to be a talent and exactly the type of player the Eagles need up forward. Dam!

I've posted about Sam's nephew somewhere.
Could you imagine him at the Eagles 6ft tall midfielder HB flanker
Yes please come to oval Ave
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:43 am

mickyj wrote:
Premiers wrote:Jessie Lonergan, delisted from Gold Coast, and nephew of our coach Sam Lonergan. Midfielder/HB played 60 games for Gold Coast. Age 23years, height 183cm weight 89kg. Only played 5 games this year but "closed down" Josh Kennedy from Sydney Swans in their upset win. Originally from Tasmania, can he be coaxed by Sam to play for the Eagles?

Micky, I not sure you realise how tall 6ft is nowadays. HBF are all that size and bigger. Surprised
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:00 am

Micky if you are confused about 6 foot
Its about the size of every second fish you catch
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:01 am

Scrappy wrote:Micky if you are confused about 6 foot
Its about the size of every second fish you catch

Quiet you lmao I wish
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:02 am

goddy11 wrote:
mickyj wrote:

Micky, I not sure you realise how tall 6ft is nowadays. HBF are all that size and bigger. Surprised
Some of players are short goddy
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:13 pm

Where's Bernie Vince in his retirement? Happily living in Melbourne enjoying life after football and entrenched in a Melbourne job? Would have been very handy for 2 seasons with the Eagles to finish up.

So we might have 4 categories at present with more to add:
Jimmy
1.Strong Possibilities - Cam Sutcliffe, Jimmy Toumpas (draft dependent)
2.Less Likely- Michael Karpany
3.Rumoured Possibility- Hannath (200cm) ruckman from Centrals. Played 2nd to Darcy Fort this year. If Fort is AFL listed, Centrals would want to keep Hannath or charge an excessive fee to the Eagles. Haven't seen enough of Hannath to know whether he is good enough to also play that big forward role that we badly need.
4.Dream - Jesse Lonergan (nephew)

Might be struggling to find the money so hopefully the player's attachment to the club (not Hannath's) can help a little.

Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next