EagleRock
oldfella
Big Phil
UncleHuey
Brucetiki
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Round 6: Port v Eagles - Saturday 20 May @ Alberton Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 6: Port v Eagles - Saturday 20 May @ Alberton Oval

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun May 21, 2017 11:41 am

If they are going to bring down league players who have nowhere else to go, to play in the reserves competition, it is hardly an "academy" side is it?

There are so many inconsistencies and incongruities in all this, I just don't no where to start any more.

Can you even still bet on Port and Crows games?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Round 6: Port v Eagles - Saturday 20 May @ Alberton Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 6: Port v Eagles - Saturday 20 May @ Alberton Oval

Post by mickyj Sun May 21, 2017 12:04 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:If they are going to bring down league players who have nowhere else to go, to play in the reserves competition, it is hardly an "academy" side is it?

There are so many inconsistencies and incongruities in all this, I just don't no where to start any more.

Can you  even still bet on Port and Crows games?

And i read on a facebook page the hard done by Port fans complaining about the RULE they must play 17 fit AFL liste players . They agreed why complain

The seconds team was a class above the Eagles Summerton number 1 for port certainly had no issues getting the ball
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Sun May 21, 2017 1:41 pm

Eagles look likely to have the perfect season Port couldnt beat them with a full side no other SANFL side will get near them dont rememberte last time a team went undefeated finals included.
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Sun May 21, 2017 1:48 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:If they are going to bring down league players who have nowhere else to go, to play in the reserves competition, it is hardly an "academy" side is it?

Can you  even still bet on Port and Crows games?

Chambo,
totally correct. Their player can play where the Crows player go when not needed. The academy side should only be U18 with 1 or 2 mature aged players. Most SANFL side are just that anyway.
Why does Port even have an academy side in the reserves. Do they pay for this side and what function does it serve other to deprive SANFL sides and amateurs players. They can not priority draft them.
My conspiracy theory is that some of their management are SANFL and they set decisions in place during their tenure there. Evil or Very Mad Laughing
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun May 21, 2017 2:14 pm

goddy11 wrote:

Why does Port even have an academy side in the reserves

i think the whole concept of wearing a now defunct magpie jumper is just to appease the old time Port supporters, ther than that it serves no real purpose, they should be wearing a Power jumper of some description, i know there is a registration of afl jumpers by the afl but they could have a variation as do the Crows for sanfl football....unless my memory is incorrect the ''academy'' team well it WAS supposed to be only for a year or two
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Sun May 21, 2017 2:32 pm

I've just had a look on the Magpies academy list http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/football/players-and-coaches/academy-players.
Pardon my maths but there are 47 player on it. 26 of them must have not had a game in the 2's on Saturday. What game is port playing? No players under 20 as I see so what is going on. The crows have 27 and most are ammos or country listed. I cant see any marquee type player on that list.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon May 22, 2017 11:46 am

bayman wrote:
goddy11 wrote:

Why does Port even have an academy side in the reserves

i think the whole concept of wearing a now defunct magpie jumper is just to appease the old time Port supporters, ther than that it serves no real purpose, they should be wearing a Power jumper of some description, i know there is a registration of afl jumpers by the afl but they could have a variation as do the Crows for sanfl football....unless my memory is incorrect  the ''academy'' team well it WAS supposed to be only for a year or two

I think initially, it was for the purpose you've mentioned, but also the clubs and SANFL were worried about future generations bypassing support for SANFL clubs altogether (ie, following the Centrals but also the Power at AFL level).

Don't think it matters now and the Magpies might aswell revedrt to the Power.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2