Booney
Adelaide Hawk
mickyj
howthewestwaswon
Admin
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 13: Port v Eagles, Saturday 23 June @ Alberton Oval Empty Round 13: Port v Eagles, Saturday 23 June @ Alberton Oval

Post by Admin Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:16 pm

Round 13: Port v Eagles, Saturday 23 June @ Alberton Oval 158030_264902195352_716686860_n V Round 13: Port v Eagles, Saturday 23 June @ Alberton Oval Woodville%20West%20Torrens%20Logo

Saturday 23 June
Alberton Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Port are coming off a tight loss to Centrals at Elizabeth while the Eagles notched up a rare win for 2012 against North at Woodville. Will Port inflict another big loss on the Eagles, or will the Eagles win 2 in a row?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 13: Port v Eagles, Saturday 23 June @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 13: Port v Eagles, Saturday 23 June @ Alberton Oval

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:56 pm

I'm going to back the Eagles here by 2-3 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 13: Port v Eagles, Saturday 23 June @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 13: Port v Eagles, Saturday 23 June @ Alberton Oval

Post by mickyj Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:13 pm

[quote="Admin
Port are coming off a tight loss to Centrals at Elizabeth while the Eagles notched up a rare win for 2012 against North at Woodville. Will Port inflict another big loss on the Eagles, or will the Eagles win 2 in a row?[/quote]

Interesting question round 1 port caught the eagles napping .will the eagles that beat North show up I hope so .
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:46 pm

Will stiffy be an in for Port or is sanderson foxing
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:40 pm

Both sides have been showing improved form of late, and I think most of us a thinking there's still a bit of life in last year's premiers. Port seem to go with teams, then struggle to hang on in the end, so therefore I'll go for Eagles by 17 points.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:48 pm

FF Kane Fitzgerald Goldsworthy
HF Staple Grocke Lewis
C Rowntree Shirley Smith
HB McKenzieThompson Raymond
FB Sumner Grieger Giuffreda
Ruck Parry Powell Cicolella
Interchange Day Killian Lane Ellis-Yolmen Hall
Ins Grocke Hall

And Salter is back in the seconds
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:46 am

*Good to see Salts back on the ground*

Meanwhile, Johncock is a big in for the Maggies with him performing well each time he has been back with us in recent years. Not sure what has happened to Butcher, not in the 2's, has he just been left out all together?

I expect a good tight tussle in wet conditions here and hope/expect the Magpies to keep finals hopes alive for us with a 3 goal win, pretty much ending the Eagles run at their premiership defence.

Carn you Magpies!
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:37 pm

This looks another of the many 50/50 games we've seen recently.Port looked OK last week, Eagles looked terrific, but the weather might be the key.

A big, big game for both clubs.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Was an interesting game of footy .port play an interesting style which worked well in round 1 .But I think it takes a lot out of the players and like the second term if you dont score its a lot of wasted energy IMHO.Kick straight first term today could have been the same as round 1 dont kick straight eagles match you goal for point .
Three talls worked for the eagles today .Midfield worked .
The Johncock hype was a bit of a fizzle when Shirley can you down is your AFL career over ?
Eagles alive in 2012 still just fingers crossed
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Lee Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:39 pm

I think the word 'run' was inadvertently left out, W.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by LEH Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:29 am

It appears that the Eagles can still make the five Shocked

Sorry I missed the game... not sorry I attended the boy's 1st 1500m Freestyle Very Happy

Go Eagles !!!
LEH
LEH

Teams : FulhamFC, WWTFC, Wests Tigers, NEC Njimegen

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:42 pm

redandblack wrote:I think the word 'run' was inadvertently left out, W.

oops yes i did leave that out
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Ewok Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:04 pm

What is going wrong with the maggies? Saw them play two trial games, and whilst granted the bloods and dogs played half arsed, looked like they had the cattle to climb the ladder. I know they've had a few injuries but to be going that crook something else must be astray. Was interested to see Jordan Erksine get his marching orders recently, I got the impression he had a bit of a cult following amongst the magpie faithful. Were any maggies supporters surprised he got canned?
Ewok
Ewok

My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:32 pm

I tipped the Magpies to finish top 3 this year!!! Embarassed

Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:04 am

Ewok wrote:What is going wrong with the maggies? Saw them play two trial games, and whilst granted the bloods and dogs played half arsed, looked like they had the cattle to climb the ladder. I know they've had a few injuries but to be going that crook something else must be astray. Was interested to see Jordan Erksine get his marching orders recently, I got the impression he had a bit of a cult following amongst the magpie faithful. Were any maggies supporters surprised he got canned?

Yep, and to be honest not totally surprised by our poor form.

We rely on too few to do too much and our much vaunted ruck combination, in the games I have seen, have barely broken even let alone dominated.

I would think the coach would be on very, very thin ice.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:12 pm

Booney, where do you see Port's strengths and weaknesses?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:36 pm

Booney wrote:
Ewok wrote:What is going wrong with the maggies? Saw them play two trial games, and whilst granted the bloods and dogs played half arsed, looked like they had the cattle to climb the ladder. I know they've had a few injuries but to be going that crook something else must be astray. Was interested to see Jordan Erksine get his marching orders recently, I got the impression he had a bit of a cult following amongst the magpie faithful. Were any maggies supporters surprised he got canned?

Yep, and to be honest not totally surprised by our poor form.

We rely on too few to do too much and our much vaunted ruck combination, in the games I have seen, have barely broken even let alone dominated.

I would think the coach would be on very, very thin ice.

I think the biggest differance between round 1 and Saturdays game .Port kicked poorly in the first term(unlike round 1) if they had kicked straight might have been a differant game .

mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:56 pm

redandblack wrote:Booney, where do you see Port's strengths and weaknesses?

Strengths? Across half back. Dolling, Beard, Biasci, Slattery have all been solid this year. Dolling heading towards his second B&F I would thinks.

Weaknesses? Our ruck combination letting us down. Cockshell has been ok in the forward 50 and competes in the ruck, Mieklejohn has little to no impact around the ground, competes hard at the contest though.

We should have got 40-50 goals out of that resting combination this year, we'll end up with 20-25.

Thurgood needs Wilson to step up around the forward 50, which he is starting to do.

Now, dont go emailing this to Collo now, will you. Very Happy
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:19 pm

Sorry mate, email already sent. Cool
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:24 pm

redandblack wrote:Sorry mate, email already sent. Cool

He needs all the help he can get.... Very Happy
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:47 pm

Are you going Saturday?

I'll see you there if so.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:29 pm

Indeed I am, look forward to it.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next