Chambo Off To Work We Go
Booney
UncleHuey
Big Phil
Brucetiki
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 8: Eagles v Port - Saturday 14 May @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 8: Eagles v Port - Saturday 14 May @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 09, 2016 6:36 pm

Eagles (4th 4-2 52.99%) v Port (6th 2-4 46.41%)
Saturday 14 May
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Reserves: 10:55am
League: 1:40pm

The Eagles had a runaway win over Glenelg last week, while Port got the job down over West. Who will come away with the win this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 8: Eagles v Port - Saturday 14 May @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 8: Eagles v Port - Saturday 14 May @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Booney Tue May 10, 2016 9:07 am

Can't see Port taking it to the Eagles this week. Only way we'll win is if fine conditions present themselves and our front half function to kick close to or over 100 points.

Spelly, Ports record at Woodville in recent years please?
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Round 8: Eagles v Port - Saturday 14 May @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 8: Eagles v Port - Saturday 14 May @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj Tue May 10, 2016 10:01 am

Booney wrote:Can't see Port taking it to the Eagles this week. Only way we'll win is if fine conditions present themselves and our front half function to kick close to or over 100 points.

Booney just a question not trying to offend anybody that follows Port .
Are you guys like the Crows do you have to play all your talls in the magpies that aren't selected like the crows do .
Or do you have better selection than they do
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue May 10, 2016 10:14 am

Any AFL listed player must be selected ahead of an SANFL contracted player.

But, Lobbe, Ryder and Frampton are all injured or unavailable, we don't have any left!

PS - Never apologise for your posts mate, or if someone might get "offended" by your post. Stuff them, you're allowed to have your thoughts and if you upset someone it's their problem, not yours! Hope you are well....
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue May 10, 2016 10:43 am

Booney wrote:Any AFL listed player must be selected ahead of an SANFL contracted player.

But, Lobbe, Ryder and Frampton are all injured or unavailable, we don't have any left!

PS - Never apologise for your posts mate, or if someone might get "offended" by your post. Stuff them, you're allowed to have your thoughts and if you upset someone it's their problem, not yours! Hope you are well....

Thanks Booney after I posted that I thought of your outs . I guess sometimes these listed players having to play can be an issue from what I saw of the crows in the SANFL
Me I'm getting there slowly off to the RAH soon to get my MRI results my employer and insurer have been screaming( I've been told by my lawyer ) for them .

mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Tue May 10, 2016 8:05 pm

Booney wrote:Can't see Port taking it to the Eagles this week. Only way we'll win is if fine conditions present themselves and our front half function to kick close to or over 100 points.

Won the last two, lost the five before that
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed May 11, 2016 12:54 pm

Thansk mate.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by mickyj Wed May 11, 2016 7:05 pm

waddayamean wrote:Wont come down to home ground advantage just ability. Eagles comfortably in front of a low attendance.

I won't argue we have a small following three from this house don't mean much .
But a great number won't attend AFL seconds games not me I'd be there no matter who
At least there's a seconds game before the league match
Awfully early times
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu May 12, 2016 8:13 am

mickyj wrote:Awfully early times
Obviously to accommodate the 7Mate telecast...

Your game's not as early as the Central v Norwood one a fortnight ago...

The Reserves players were literally kicking the dew off the grass with a 9:30am start time...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu May 12, 2016 8:22 am

Big Phil wrote:
mickyj wrote:Awfully early times
Obviously to accommodate the 7Mate telecast...

Your game's not as early as the Central v Norwood one a fortnight ago...

The Reserves players were literally kicking the dew off the grass with a 9:30am start time...

Really better than channel 2 umm no
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Thu May 12, 2016 9:06 am

waddayamean wrote:Wont come down to home ground advantage just ability. Eagles comfortably in front of a low attendance.

Define 'low attendance'  - this particular match up at this venue has the highest lowest attendance of any match up, anywhere...even more than Norwood/Port at Norwood.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by William Thu May 12, 2016 9:30 am

It is the Eagles first Saturday game of the year has been a bit strange having to wait until round 8 to have a Saturday game, I expect the Eagles to win, probably not by a lot, I guess this will depend on which AFL players Port have available.
William
William

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu May 12, 2016 12:45 pm

Eagles to win this one. Probably by 4 to 5 goals
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Thu May 12, 2016 1:17 pm

What is a low crowd in the SANFL these days?

Of the 29 SANFL games played so far

- 12 (41%) have had less than 2100 attend

- 4 have had less than 1500 attend.

I am pretty confident that the Eagles v Port game won't add to either of those tallies.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu May 12, 2016 1:18 pm

I think a "low" crowd would be under 2000 people.

Anything under 1500 is a disaster.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Thu May 12, 2016 1:27 pm

I would agree Booney ...

And for the record Eagles have the 2nd highest home crowd averages so far this year.

Norwood  4032 pg
EAGLES    3137pg
Glenelg    3058pg
Central     2829pg
Sturt        2677pg
West        2435pg
Crows      2323pg
North       2092pg
Port         2040pg
South       1961pg

Yes it is very early days and it yes won't last but hey we haven't been this high up the rankings I think ever .... so thanks waddayamean for bring up the subject.   Very Happy

Most clubs have only had 2-3 home games but I expect Eagles to finish 4th-5th at seasons end.

Last 4 seasons we have finished 4th, 6th, 5th & 5th out of the 9 clubs, so plenty below us these days.
PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu May 12, 2016 1:47 pm

Yeah, I don't think anyone can question the home crowds at Woodville, you do a stellar job of promoting them Phil, the kids present are a good sign for the Weagles future.

Norwoods, with early season night games will always be inflated.

Most concerning is Ports. Each week the walk gets lonelier and lonelier and the streets around home quieter and quieter on the way there.

In brief, there's no denying that more Port fans are attending AO on a regular basis and as such finances only stretch so far. So an AFL Port home game on the same weekend as an SANFL home game spells disaster for Alberton Oval crowds.

Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu May 12, 2016 2:17 pm

Given that so many sanfl games seem to be programmed around the afl fixture, is it feasible to program more Magpies home games in the weeks that the Power are away?

I guess a couple may clash, but would this help?
Similarly for the Crows.

How are the above figures determined for the Crows if they don't have home games?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Thu May 12, 2016 2:26 pm

Crows had 1 nominal "home" game v Port at Mannum.
PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Thu May 12, 2016 5:08 pm

Round 8: Eagles v Port - Saturday 14 May @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval 2016_h12
PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Thu May 12, 2016 8:16 pm

Exactly what stat provided above are you apparently saying is "made up"?

And you didn't answer the earlier question of what you consider a "low attendance"?

Please note we could get only 1200 turn up on Saturday (which we won't) to our 3rd home game
and we would still average more than half of the other teams after their 3rd home game.

Care to take a risk and give us an actual prediction of how many will turn up?

PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri May 13, 2016 10:44 am

waddayamean wrote:It's a well known joke about stats mate.

Didn't realise you asked me a question ? However I think the Eagles don't draw great crowds. They have been more than competitive for years yet average crowds. What will happen when they fall out the five for a few years.

Funny you should say that
What your saying basically the Eagles produce really well with out the crowd numbers .
Guess smaller imports from over the border yes some from local clubs . Many players from the junior ranks sometimes pay off .

Iirc under Ron Fuller one year out the five and under Godden so far be one year out the five .
Some of us diehards keep coming back ( I'm still recovering from a traumatic near death injury I've kept coming id rather die at the game )

You can poke the Eagles all you like
End of the day the end result is what counts
Or like those yanks say don't poke the bear
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next