+5
Aceman
BloodnTars
Paul
IAmTheWarrior
Brucetiki
9 posters

Go down

Round 6: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 9 May @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 6: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 9 May @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 04, 2015 7:18 pm

The Eagles overran Port last week while Glenelg were not disgraced in their loss to Norwood. Will the Eagles continue their outstanding form, or will Glenelg cause the upset to notch up their first win of the season.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 6: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 9 May @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 6: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 9 May @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by IAmTheWarrior Mon May 04, 2015 10:24 pm

Hoping for a comfortable Eagles win this week. Apologies Bayman.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Round 6: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 9 May @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 6: Eagles v Glenelg - Saturday 9 May @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman Mon May 04, 2015 10:38 pm

IAmTheWarrior wrote:Hoping for a comfortable Eagles win this week. Apologies Bayman.

no apology is necessary, i would hope you being an Eagles person would be hoping for an Eagles win...i'm hoping & praying for a Tiger victory, while we have improved & on the right track i think we'll be in it for a while but the Eagles class will prevail over the last quarter & a half, i'll predict that we will knock a team off when least expected, i think win would work wonders for the playing group
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed May 06, 2015 8:14 am

Eagles by 58
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed May 06, 2015 9:37 pm

roadworks on Oval Avenue near Woodville oval & some surrounding streets, be careful where you park as i'm sure there will be some normal street parking unavailable & signs changed, unless they actually finish on Friday, been going on for a couple of weeks already
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Wed May 06, 2015 10:47 pm

Eagles easily. Sadly the bays rely on too few.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu May 07, 2015 5:38 pm

Woodville-West Torrens has refused to risk key forward Michael Wundke against Glenelg at Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval on Saturday.
Wundke, who has been sidelined with a calf ailment, will spend at least another week in the casualty ward as he prepares to return to the league line-up.
Midfielder Jarred Allmond is the only addition to the Eagles’ 22-man squad to face the Tigers, with the speedy left-footer added to the extended interchange bench.
Essendon recruit Fraser Thurlow will play his first official game for the Eagles when he lines up as the first ruck in the Reserves.

League
F: Dunstan, Ainger, Poole
HF: McGregor, Whittlesea, N. Hayes
C: Goldsworthy, Lewis, Petrenko
HB: Jarrad, Thompson, Martyn
B: Raymond, Giuffreda, Batley

R: Borholm, Rowntree, Boyd
INT: Allmond, Hall, Raikiwasa, Schwarz
IN: Allmond

Reserves
F: Firns, Heinjus, Press
HF: M. Raymond, J. Hayes, Lodge
C: Ellis, Rowland, Sinor
HB: Elsworthy, Von Bertouch, Woods
B: Lloyd, Summerton, Haylock

R: Thurlow, Enright, Appleton
INT: Minney, Templeton
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri May 08, 2015 10:22 am

Eagles at home, 40pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceman Fri May 08, 2015 7:26 pm

This will be ugly, Eagles by 12 goals
Aceman
Aceman

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat May 09, 2015 8:52 pm

Eagles 12.13 (85)
def
Glenelg 9.8 (62)

23 pt margin in the end. Good pressure from the Bays at time and yet again good signs shown, but still not enough to get the chocolates.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by columbo Sat May 09, 2015 9:23 pm

Not a one you'd want to sit through again in a hurry. Tricky conditions despite no rain, scrappy sort of game, Eagles lost Whittlesea and Bays lost Milera pretty early on in a good first quarter into the breeze by the Eags which probably ended up making the difference in the end. Bays were pretty good in the third quarter, played the conditions well but were coming from a bit far back.
columbo
columbo

Teams : Eagles, North Melbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun May 10, 2015 12:04 am

Eagles did enough with more experience to win, what we lacked in skill & decision making we made up for with our commitment, there is no doubt the bays' are having a crack & playing for each other & there is light at the end of the tunnel which i couldn't see over the last couple of seasons but i'm not sure how long the tunnel is, the bays' have to be more bold in the footy & take the game on more often than we do
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun May 10, 2015 7:20 am

Well what can one say it was a crap four quarter effort by the Eagles . Bays tried hard and should have been 4 up first quarter . I thought it was like the West game all over again thankfully they couldnt do what west did !!
Shinning light Thurlow was a class above in the seconds he should come in next week
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum