Adelaide Hawk
mickyj
bayman
waddayamean
brodlach
Admin
14 posters

Go down

Round 5: Eagles v Port, Saturday 27 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 5: Eagles v Port, Saturday 27 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Admin Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:15 am

Eagles v Port

Saturday 27 April
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

The Eagles are coming off a big win over Norwood under the Coopers Stadium lights while Port are coming off the bye, but won their previous match against Glenelg a couple of weeks ago. Which side will continue their winning form?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 5: Eagles v Port, Saturday 27 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 5: Eagles v Port, Saturday 27 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by brodlach Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:18 am

I think the AFL players hold the key to this game. If the Eagles lose a couple and the Magpies gain a couple (Jochncock for one) it will be closer than many people think

Last edited by brodlach on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
brodlach
brodlach

My club : west

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Round 5: Eagles v Port, Saturday 27 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 5: Eagles v Port, Saturday 27 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:17 pm

waddayamean wrote:Eagles easily.

what he said
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:58 pm

go eagles
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:58 pm

Yes, it's hard to go past the Eagles after Friday night, even if they lose a couple of AFL players, they have too much talent for Port.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by col d Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:34 pm

Phil H has done it again by arranging a double dose of Port v Eagles- anyone with a ticket to the AFL game at AAMI will be admitted free to Maughan Thiem oval to see the WWT Eagles take on the Port Magpies.

Well Done Phil - hopefully will get a good crowd.

Col D

col d
col d

Teams : WWTFC, Mintaro-Manoora, Essendon

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:39 pm

eagles side
FF Mitchell Redden Dawson

HF Hall Ainger Goldsworthy

C Sumner Lewis Joyce

HB Day Thompson Jarrad

FB Raymond Culley Giuffreda

Ruck Parry Powell Rowntree

Interchange Karpany Allmond Kane

Ins Kane Joyce
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:29 pm

col d wrote:Phil H has done it again by arranging a double dose of Port v Eagles- anyone with a ticket to the AFL game at AAMI will be admitted free to Maughan Thiem oval to see the WWT Eagles take on the Port Magpies.

Col D

smart move but does anyone know this that doesn't read forum(s)
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:43 pm

bayman wrote:
col d wrote:Phil H has done it again by arranging a double dose of Port v Eagles- anyone with a ticket to the AFL game at AAMI will be admitted free to Maughan Thiem oval to see the WWT Eagles take on the Port Magpies.

Col D

smart move but does anyone know this that doesn't read forum(s)
worst thing that happened was when Phil went to south best thing when he came home Very Happy
And I don't have a lot to do with phil just know he is a great eagles bloke
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:14 am

Thanks MickyJ

You have to do an apprentership somewhere, very happy to have brought the hard lessons learned from my year at Noarlunga back to the Eagles.

Re the offer

We have attempted to publicise through media outlets that will cover it.

Port Magpies have promoted it strongly in their weekly email to members.

West Coast Eagles a little trickier, they dont have a supporters group in Adelaide.

Has also been on a few facebook and forum sites where the real supporters are based.

I have no idea if this will bring 5 or 500 extra tomorrow ... can't wait to find out
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by EagleRock Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:45 pm

I noticed Johncock is not listed to play with the Crows or the Magpies.
Surely he will play for the Magpies this week,anyone know?
EagleRock
EagleRock

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:58 pm

I will tip the Eagles to win but in a close one.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:30 pm

PhilH wrote:Thanks MickyJ

You have to do an apprentership somewhere, very happy to have brought the hard lessons learned from my year at Noarlunga back to the Eagles.

Re the offer

We have attempted to publicise through media outlets that will cover it.

Port Magpies have promoted it strongly in their weekly email to members.

West Coast Eagles a little trickier, they dont have a supporters group in Adelaide.

Has also been on a few facebook and forum sites where the real supporters are based.

I have no idea if this will bring 5 or 500 extra tomorrow ... can't wait to find out

hey Phil, if i show my Glenelg season ticket (to be used Saturday night) can that get me in without getting it clipped ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:47 pm

A strong wind usually brings out the negatives as the 2nd quarter transpired.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:00 pm

spell_check wrote:A strong wind usually brings out the negatives as the 2nd quarter transpired.

hurt the abc as well

We appeared to play into ports hands kicking the ball long to port defenders !!
LAst term Eagles stepped up we won thankfully !!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:01 pm

mickyj wrote:
spell_check wrote:A strong wind usually brings out the negatives as the 2nd quarter transpired.

hurt the abc as well
!
I was enjoying Poh's kitchen
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:13 pm

mickyj wrote:

hurt the abc as well

We appeared to play into ports hands kicking the ball long to port defenders !!
LAst term Eagles stepped up we won thankfully !!

This seems to be our weakness (or one of them) - we can't handle other teams negative tactics, like flooding. I didn't think we played that bad for the other three terms, and I suspected that Port wouldn't be able to defend a one point lead like they did in the second (well Port didn't win that quarter anyway) heading into the final term against the breeze. History tells me that the team that wins, wins the final quarter the most.

The "more than six point" buffer was created by a very agile Jarrad Redden, whose two goals in one minute were stunning for a man of such height. Jarred Allmond is going to get injured the way he was throwing himself around today. It is the sort of desperation a team needs, mind you. It was the best game of the year so far by Luke Jarrad, he worked hard to get his possessions.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:52 am

Our second quarter display was embarassing. You will simply never ever win games with those type of negative tactics.

I heard some concerns through the summer about the style Kenny was trying to implement. The start of the season gives me no confidence to think otherwise.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:39 pm

Booney wrote:Our second quarter display was embarassing. You will simply never ever win games with those type of negative tactics.

I heard some concerns through the summer about the style Kenny was trying to implement. The start of the season gives me no confidence to think otherwise.

Well, he did play under Neil Craig...
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:26 pm

Booney wrote:Our second quarter display was embarassing. You will simply never ever win games with those type of negative tactics.

given that the Eagles won the first term against a strong wind, i actually thought the ''milking down the clock'' tactics were smart & it kept them in the game at half time, i thought the coaches mistake was not throwing Johncock on the ball for the last term, i know he kicked 2 (i think) in the last but in the last the Eagles were dominating in the midfield & the game was there to be won, that's the way i saw it but we all see things in footy differently
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down