Joint Banners & Heritage guernseys at Port vs Norwood for ANZAC day.

2 posters

Go down

Joint Banners & Heritage guernseys at Port vs Norwood for ANZAC day.  Empty Joint Banners & Heritage guernseys at Port vs Norwood for ANZAC day.

Post by Ben W Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:09 am

Sounds like a great idea to me!

From the PAFC,

"In the SANFL grand final replay on Friday night, the Magpies will run through a banner with the Redlegs, which will be coloured black and navy blue to represent each club.

The Magpies and Redlegs will also wear commemorative heritage guernseys, like those each wore in 1915, as a symbol of respect.

The joint banners are symbolic of the unity Australians share in honouring service people, past and present, on the ANZAC centenary.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2015-04-21/joint-banners-for-both-anzac-round-games
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Joint Banners & Heritage guernseys at Port vs Norwood for ANZAC day.  Empty Re: Joint Banners & Heritage guernseys at Port vs Norwood for ANZAC day.

Post by Scrunch Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:25 am

Yes I like the idea. Great, longstanding, fierce rivals, but when compared to the many people who sacrificed their lives for us to lead the lives we do, we're all reminded that football is small thing in the scheme of life, and we can than our service men and women for having the game we do.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down