ca
mark beswick
waddayamean
8 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

TheWrap Up - Port v Norwood Empty Re: TheWrap Up - Port v Norwood

Post by mark beswick Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:50 pm

I have had a look at the last 5 games with Port - They are consistently getting 5-10 more frees a game even in their loses. 

We all know how much better sturt are with their AFL listed players when they take the ground

Port had today AhChee, Newton, Johncock, Butcher, A Young.

Imagine if the SANFL weakens to both crows and power and all these afl players are stacked in one side.  Port would add Renouf, Gray, Hartlett, Cornes, Lobbe, Stevenson, Wingard, Thomas, Salter, Redden, Pfeiffer, O'Shea, Mitchell, Logan, Hombsch, Heath, Cassisi, Blee, Broadent, Hitchcock, Monfries, Pittard, Schulz, P & D Stewart, Westhoff,Moore, Colquhoun, Clurey, Carlile, and Shaw.  The crows would do likewise....

Certainly effect sides like sturt, eagles, glenelg and north more than anyone. AND the salary caps - Yeah right!

NO THANKS.... This has to be Ports last year if they want the reserves model.
mark beswick
mark beswick

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by ca Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:08 pm

When you are in front like that then its a fair call. Although we has no business hitting the front, once we did hit the lead, you can't let it go like that.Well played Port, not one of our best games and just a few toobmany passengers.

I thought that's one of the best atmosphere at a SANFL game I have experienced for years.

Last edited by ca on Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
ca
ca

Back to top Go down

Post by ca Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:24 pm

If you are in front with less than a minute to play then you should go on to win.  

Port kicked away in the third and looked home but we did well to score quickly and get back into the game. Port might make the finals if they keep playing like that.
ca
ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:43 pm

Crickey did Norwood lose.Sad
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:47 pm

Did I hear Bass cancelled Pressos
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by ca Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:57 pm

Not sure about Presentations.

I know what your getting at with Bass but I'd say all coaches would say 'we should of won' when the opposition hits the front with virtually the last kick of the day.
ca
ca

Back to top Go down

Post by ca Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:22 pm

Yeah you can't call it off. Not great.

I am a massive Bass supporter and probably make too many excuses for him but in the end if he can lead us to back to back flags Ill forgive  him. The way we are playing this year though will probably see us go out in straight sets so the heat will realy be on.
ca
ca

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:48 pm

wolves wrote:I have had a look at the last 5 games with Port - They are consistently getting 5-10 more frees a game even in their loses. 

We all know how much better sturt are with their AFL listed players when they take the ground

Port had today AhChee, Newton, Johncock, Butcher, A Young.

Imagine if the SANFL weakens to both crows and power and all these afl players are stacked in one side.  Port would add Renouf, Gray, Hartlett, Cornes, Lobbe, Stevenson, Wingard, Thomas, Salter, Redden, Pfeiffer, O'Shea, Mitchell, Logan, Hombsch, Heath, Cassisi, Blee, Broadent, Hitchcock, Monfries, Pittard, Schulz, P & D Stewart, Westhoff,Moore, Colquhoun, Clurey, Carlile, and Shaw.  The crows would do likewise....

Certainly effect sides like sturt, eagles, glenelg and north more than anyone. AND the salary caps - Yeah right!

NO THANKS.... This has to be Ports last year if they want the reserves model.

One thing that will not happen is Port being allowed to retain their existing structure, including reserves, U18s, zone etc while the Crows cobble together a team with half their own players and the rest rounded up from wherever they can find them outside the existing competition. The Crows themselves won't wear that, nor will the AFL, nor the rest of the SANFL clubs. I don't know what will happen, but whatever it is will need to (1)- leave both AFL clubs on an equal footing and (2)- not disadvantage the rest of the SANFL clubs. Otherwise it will collapse in a heap before the end of next season. Assuming it gets underway at all next year, which I have grave doubts about. Maybe 2015?

Last edited by countrycousin on Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addition)
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:49 pm

today was the best game of footy i've seen this year, Port went out with a plan to make every ball & contest, play on at almost every opportunity & give Norwood no room......Ports tackling & willingness to work for each other is the best i've seen from a Port team in years, for the majority of the game i expected Norwood to lift & run over the top even when they went about 40 minutes without a goal i expected to see the intensity lift & we finally did in the last term & as they got to the 7 point lead which had Port making errors & second guessing themselves & at this stage i actually thought Norwood will kick away with another 2 or 3 & have a comfortable victory but with Johncock going onto the ball it gave them strength & poise & Port were able to steady, fight back & win

as posted somewhere above about Bassett saying we should have won etc well can someone ask him should a team win if they don't kick a goal in 40 minutes ?

btw after today i've seen it all, sitting in the family area in front of the scoreboard when Johncock was lining up to kick which was the match winner a Norwood person yelled out ''wasting time'' & a Port person came over & eyeballed this person & it got heated & this was two ladies well into their sixties ShockedLaughingLaughing
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:12 am

waddayamean wrote:You may have missed an opportunity Bayman.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no thankyou

bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:55 am

Bayman prefers Cameron Diaz
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Teams : Eagles
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:55 pm

MightyEagles wrote:Bayman prefers Cameron Diaz

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes please, for the record Kate Upton is just as good Wink

bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down