Southee
Lee
Scrunch
UncleHuey
Paul
Brucetiki
14 posters

Go down

Round 4: Centrals v Eagles - Saturday 25 April @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Round 4: Centrals v Eagles - Saturday 25 April @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:11 pm

Centrals were inconsistent - they played some ordinary football but also played some brilliant football, in their win over Glenelg last week, while the Eagles completely demolished Norwood.  Which side will make it 2 wins on the trot?

Please not the slightly later start times for both games in line with ANZAC Day protocol.

Reserves: 12:00pm
League: 2:45pm

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 4: Centrals v Eagles - Saturday 25 April @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: Round 4: Centrals v Eagles - Saturday 25 April @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by bayman Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:16 pm

Central at home by 4 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 4: Centrals v Eagles - Saturday 25 April @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: Round 4: Centrals v Eagles - Saturday 25 April @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by Ben W Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:38 am

Picking the Eagles here, WWT by 32 points.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:49 am

Central by 19
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by columbo Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:36 am

Should be a good game, bit like a flashback to the 00's playing on ANZAC day, been a fair while since Eags have had a win out at Elizabeth. Always seem to have not really been in games out there but also not out totally out of them at the same time then Centrals seem to kick away in the last 10-15mins.

columbo
columbo

Teams : Eagles, North Melbourne
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:30 pm

Centrals at home by 2 goals
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:54 pm

Eagles by 6 goals
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:39 pm

Eagles will carry momentum and confidence into this one.

central are tough to beat and are consistent, but Eagles comfortably.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:53 pm

Eagles to break the hoodoo
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:50 pm

Central by 4 goals
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:13 pm

League
F: Poole, Whittlesea, McGregor
HF: C. Hall, Ainger, Schwarz
C: Martyn, Boyd, Jarrad
HB: Batley, Thompson, Goldsworthy
B: P. Raymond, Raikiwasa, Giuffreda

R: Borholm, Rowntree, Petrenko
INT: Von Bertouch, Wundke, Lewis, N. Hayes, Allmond
IN: Lewis, Allmond

Reserves
F: Muller, Lodge, Press
HF: Ventura, Firns, Enright
C: Ellis, Sinor, M. Raymond
HB: Elsworthy, Templeton, Woods
B: Lloyd, Summerton, Haylock

R: Mullins, Rowland, Appleton
INT: Heinjus, Westbrook, J. Hayes, Dunstan
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:37 pm

I like Lewie being back in the team. He may not be fast but he can play. I reckon we can get over the line. Just.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceman Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:28 pm

If Eagles play with the intensity they did against us the score could be similar. Eagles by 40-50
Aceman
Aceman

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:51 am

Aceman wrote:If Eagles play with the intensity they did against us the score could be similar. Eagles by 40-50

give Aceman a cigar well done sir
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:02 pm

Eagles 17.6 108
def
Central District 10.8 68

Pretty good effort to flog the dogs at the Ponderosa! - Well done Eagles!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:59 pm

Eagles new 'sling-shot' style of play is impressive and effective...

It took them 4,026 days to break the Ponderosa Hoodoo...

That was a great stat that Scott Walsh used in the Sunday Mail article today, regarding the amount of time in between wins at Elizabeth for the Eagles...

I actually calculated that, to include any leap years, and used in the RPH radio coverage but I also gave it to Scott on the day to use in his article, if he so wished...

I hoped it was going to get a mention and was chuffed this morning when I saw that he used it as the headline Smile
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:02 pm

Big Phil wrote:Eagles new 'sling-shot' style of play is impressive and effective...

That was a great stat that Scott Walsh used in the Sunday Mail article today, regarding the amount of time in between wins at Elizabeth for the Eagles...

I actually calculated that, to include any leap years, and used in the RPH radio coverage but I also gave it to Scott on the day to use in his article, if he so wished...

I hoped it was going to get a mention and was chuffed this morning when I saw that he used it as the headline Smile

I thought a personal stat of mine was impressive - I was still a teenager when we last won there!
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:27 pm

Good one, Spelly Smile
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:52 pm

spell_check wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Eagles new 'sling-shot' style of play is impressive and effective...

I thought a personal stat of mine was impressive - I was still a teenager when we last won there!

I wasnt lol
But my eldest has now seen an Eagles win at every SANFL oval . Back in 2004 we werent going to every oval
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:18 pm

That's 2 long-standing records from Elizabeth that have now been broken...

South last year and Eagles this year...

The Bulldogs are certainly not the team they used to be, but boy they had a good run, didn't they? !!!
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:36 pm

interesting term of ''sling shot'' footy, to my eyes the Eagles seem to play a very very similar game style to that of Norwood & why wouldn't you seeing it is very successful, yet their game style is called a ''defensive'' one
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by columbo Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:22 pm

Did I hear you say that it was early in the season in 2004 Phil?

If so there have been 3 Summer Olympic Games since then Shocked
columbo
columbo

Teams : Eagles, North Melbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down