bayman
Big Phil
Aceman
Paul
UncleHuey
Brucetiki
12 posters

Go down

Round 2: Centrals v Norwood - Saturday 12 April @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Round 2: Centrals v Norwood - Saturday 12 April @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:59 pm

Centrals v Norwood

Saturday 12 April
Playford Alive Oval

Reserves: 9:25am
League: 12:10pm

Last Week:
Centrals 8.4.52 lost to Eagles 12.11.83 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval
Norwood 11.10.76 d Port 8.9.57 @ Coopers Stadium

Last Time They Met:
Norwood 16.12.108 d Centrals 7.13.55 @ Coopers Stadium

Ladder position:
Centrals - 8th 0-1 38.52%
Norwood - 5th 1-0 57.14%

Will Norwood make it two from two and continue their recent dominance over Centrals, or will Centrals gel a bit more this week and open up their account for 2014.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 2: Centrals v Norwood - Saturday 12 April @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: Round 2: Centrals v Norwood - Saturday 12 April @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by UncleHuey Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:26 pm

The legs for me by a couple of goals
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 2: Centrals v Norwood - Saturday 12 April @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: Round 2: Centrals v Norwood - Saturday 12 April @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by Paul Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:39 pm

Central a chance at home.
Norwood by 5 points.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceman Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:33 pm

Legs by 8-10 goals. Elizabeth holds no fear anymore and I feel we are a far better side than the Dogs
Aceman
Aceman

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:50 pm

Aceman wrote:Legs by 8-10 goals. Elizabeth holds no fear anymore and I feel we are a far better side than the Dogs
Big call !!!
I told you it was a big call Wink

Close enough with the margin, just got the team wrong...

Sounds like the Dogs put on a very good showing...

Last edited by Big Phil on Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:52 pm

while some Norwood players pulled up sore & some with cramp i believe the coach will freshen them up & if Norwood perform with the same intensity as they did against Port they'll beat Central comfortably by at least 6 goals & more likely to be over 10 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:03 pm

Norwood by 2-3 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by mtcadel Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:03 pm

I was never convinced about two things for this season. The first being the entry of the two AFL reserves teams (with the spin in that it will be good for the local clubs) and the second being the even more outrageous spin that channel 7's telecast will improve the profile of the SANFL.

Well this week's scheduling of the the Central District vs Norwood game is a disgrace. Channel 7 needs to honour its big bucks commitment to AFL telecast on Saturday afternoon so its the SANFL schedule, clubs and supporters that suffer. I have watched the reserves then league games for all 20 rounds every year for the last 15 years. Now because of a corporate decision, if I wish to continue to support my club I have to arrange my day for a 9 am and 12 noon start. This is how the new television regime values the local football? That is, if Central District was to use this game to at least break even then beginning the league game just after noon when supporters are busy with junior sport or other commitments is a recipe to ensure this will not happen. Basically, it's stuff the long term local supporters and their clubs just so the corporate TV network can maximise their corporate bucks.

This is a very bad joke Mr Olsen and Mr Whicker, not that you give a rat's. I wonder if there was any fine print to the agreement to televise one SANFL game per week or simply that channel 7 televised one game a week. This is another example of Corporations moving in to monopolise a market and when they do they basically reorganise everything to suit their self serving needs. So the score is corporate TV 1, community football supporters 0. I suspect the margin with this score line will only increase as the season progresses.
mtcadel
mtcadel

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:54 am

A few clubs have been privately querying aspects of the television deal also, after seeing schedules, timing and potential inconvenience, particularly having to find room for temporary signage each TV game. Benefits should exceed problems, hopefully.
eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:01 am

eartotheground wrote:A few clubs have been privately querying aspects of the television deal also, after seeing schedules, timing and potential inconvenience, particularly having to find room for temporary signage each TV game. Benefits should exceed problems, hopefully.  
I wondered about this aspect when at the Parade last Thursday night for the Round 1 opener between Norwood and Port...

I had heard some whispers that 7 wanted up to 30m of fence space for advertising. I certainly didn't see a 30m Channel 7 sign, along the boundary, however did see a bout a 5m sign that had the C7 midweek news crew's picture and a little promotional stuff on it...

If that is the sign that has to be used at each broadcast game, I don't think it will be too much of an issue. Some clubs actually have blank spots on their fencing so this is at least filling in some blank spots for them, should that be the case...

Will be interesting to see what signage is used on Saturday out at Elizabeth...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Wongdo Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:56 am

Signage went up on the oval yesterday Big Phil. Was interesting seeing which signs were being covered over
Wongdo
Wongdo

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:23 am

Wongdo wrote:Signage went up on the oval yesterday Big Phil. Was interesting seeing which signs were being covered over
Which signs were being covered?

Not the Channel 9 News ones? Wink
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Wongdo Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:04 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Wongdo wrote:Signage went up on the oval yesterday Big Phil. Was interesting seeing which signs were being covered over

Yup, you got it
Wongdo
Wongdo

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:17 pm

Wongdo wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

Yup, you got it

I can't remember but were they covered up last year when the ABC did the games ?
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wongdo Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:53 pm

To be truly honest Testy I don't remember. Big Phil might know
Wongdo
Wongdo

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:36 pm

testy wrote:
Wongdo wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

Yup, you got it

I can't remember but were they covered up last year when the ABC did the games ?

There were no Channel 9 signs at Elizabeth last year

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:25 pm

Redlegs to win.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:58 pm

And where was the crowd at this game ? Under 2000 in attendence.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:36 pm

testy wrote:And where was the crowd at this game ? Under 2000 in attendence.
Just a tick under 2K would have been disappointing for the club but the well documented change of time slot would have reduced that figure by at anywhere from 500 to 1,000, IMO...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:50 pm

Stuffing around with time slots will harm the SANFL as time goes on. The TV stations will see to that.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:19 pm

Big Phil wrote:
testy wrote:And where was the crowd at this game ? Under 2000 in attendence.
Just a tick under 2K would have been disappointing for the club but the well documented change of time slot would have reduced that figure by at anywhere from 500 to 1,000, IMO...

stopped me going, so i went to Prospect instead & actually was glad i did as it was an entertaining game to watch
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:47 am

Some of the private concerns from some clubs about the new TV deal are starting to get louder. Still hoping that all of the promised benefits will be fulfilled.
eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down