UncleHuey
Ben W
bayman
howthewestwaswon
Admin
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Round 3: Centrals v Norwood.  Saturday 13 April @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Round 3: Centrals v Norwood. Saturday 13 April @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by Admin Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:44 am

Centrals v Norwood

Saturday 13 April
Playford Alive Oval

Reserves: 3:45pm
League: 6:30pm

Centrals are coming off a poor home loss against North, while Norwood easily accounted for Glenelg at Glenelg. Will Centrals pull off an upset and prevent an 0-3 start to the season, or will Norwood continue on their merry way?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 3: Centrals v Norwood.  Saturday 13 April @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: Round 3: Centrals v Norwood. Saturday 13 April @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:48 pm

Norwood by 5-6 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 3: Centrals v Norwood.  Saturday 13 April @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: Round 3: Centrals v Norwood. Saturday 13 April @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by bayman Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:54 pm

i've seen Norwoods two matches so far, can't see it being different here, Norwood by a lazy 6 goals at least
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:12 pm

Central to bounce back this week, Norwoods record at Elizabeth is very very poor. Think home ground advantage will get Centrals home this week, the Dogs by 8pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:57 pm

Norwood by lots, they were clinical on the weekend.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:36 pm

Would like to think the trip to the Ponderosa should cause only minimal problems for the Legs. After a tight 1st half, Norwood to kick away and win by 25 points.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:54 am

When was the last time Central Districts won a game of SANFL football ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:56 am

Scrappy wrote:When was the last time Central Districts won a game of SANFL football ?

Round 3: Centrals v Norwood.  Saturday 13 April @ Playford Alive Oval 1344700888 Round 3: Centrals v Norwood.  Saturday 13 April @ Playford Alive Oval 1344700888 lol!
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:11 am

NA Lose
WA Lose

2012 FINALS
NA Lose
WA lose

Last round
NA lose

Thats at least 5 Losses in a row to CD

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:06 am

Scrappy wrote:When was the last time Central Districts won a game of SANFL football ?

Round 22 2012 against Sturt. Interestingly, the only trial game win the league side had was against Sturt as well.

Seems like a very distant memory.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by bayman Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:50 pm

waddayamean wrote:
Scrappy wrote:2013
NA Lose
WA Lose

2012 FINALS
NA Lose
WA lose

Last round
NA lose

Thats at least 5 Losses in a row to CD

Only to 2 teams though. That says that North & West were better . It might not be like that if they hadn't played these 2 sides first up.

that's true wadda but you can only play who they put you up against
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:28 am

Central by 4 points
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:35 am

As Brucetiki mentioned, it was Round 22, against Sturt at Playford Alive Oval...

The actual date was August 25th, 2012...

So, as of today, Central District Football Club has now not won a League game of football (excluding trial games) for 199 days !!!
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:04 am

Norwood in a canter by 60+
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:35 pm

Norwood far too good here.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:50 pm

testy wrote:
Norwood far too good here.

Agree
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:29 pm

Tempted to go for the upset here as I don't think the Dogs lose 2 in a row at home very often. Norwood appears to be the better drilled though and more settled. Will tip them to win by 8 points but a Central victory wouldnt surprise.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:23 pm

I see Callinan will be playing for Central. Causes me to re-think the outcome of the game. He's been a veritable pain in the neck for Norwood over the years, winning 2, possibly 3 games off his own boot.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:23 pm

Many were expecting Norwood to continue on their merry way and easily account for Centrals. That script never reached Centrals, who kicked three of the games opening 4 goals and had a 7 point lead at quarter time.

In both of Centrals previous losses in 2013, they've had a quarter where they allowed the opposition to overrun them. Tonight this was the second quarter as Norwood kicked the opening 4 goals of the quarter. A late goal by Centrals though narrowed the margin to 11 points at half time.

The third quarter was a tight, tough, torrid affair, where Centrals wasted many opportunities, kicking 2.5 to 1.2 for the quarter. While the margin was 2 points in favour of Norwood, Centrals could have very well been in the lead if they had kicked straighter that quarter.

When Centrals kicked the first goal of the last quarter, it looked like they had the momentum to win the game, but Norwood responded with 2 goals, the last of which was at the 10 minute mark of the last quarter. From there, it was an arm wrestle as both sides struggled to score, and Norwood held on to win by 9 points.

While on paper a 9 point loss to Norwood sounds admirable, this was one that got away for Centrals. Mental lapses, like the one in the second quarter, are becoming a common theme for the side this year, and it has costed them the game in at least two of their losses this year. This, combined with wasteful kicking at goal in the third quarter, makes the loss all the more disappointing.

Finally, the Norwood supporters standing in front of the grandstand, while they provide great vocal support to their team, their unprovoked booing of, and aggression towards, Callinan any time he was near the ball was very poor form by this mob, and they should be embarrassed by their behaviour tonight.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:13 am

Something about Central v Norwood clashes always results in supporters having a gripe about their opposition counterpart.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:46 am

That's true, I never feel comfortable at a Norwood v Central game, no matter what the venue. These games seem to bring the worst out of supporters on both sides. Not really sure why, it's not as if we've had that big a rivalry over the years.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:49 pm

Could the feeling between supporters have anything to do with the pre-game brawl at the Parade in the 80s?
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:35 pm

Scrunch wrote:Could the feeling between supporters have anything to do with the pre-game brawl at the Parade in the 80s?

that was my immediate thought too after reading AH's post
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:52 pm

Scrunch wrote:Could the feeling between supporters have anything to do with the pre-game brawl at the Parade in the 80s?

Yes, that's very possible I suppose. I don't hear a lot of anti-Central talk around the club, if any, except for the 2010 GF we thought we let slip. Even before that though, there were a number of incidents in crowds at N v CD games, it's hard to understand why.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next