the prowler
bayman
Lee
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A new competition Empty A new competition

Post by Lee Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:41 pm

Here's the spot to discuss the pros and cons of the 2014 SANFL competition.

Will you go to all games, will you boycott some games?

Do you see any benefits or anything that hasn't been thought of.

It might also be a good thread for any questions for the AdelaideFC, now that the decision has been made.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

A new competition Empty Re: A new competition

Post by bayman Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:53 pm

Mr AFC,
I'll presume you'd say your franchise is openly honest & trustworthy, so with that in mind i would also presume your franchise will decline the 'invitation' to takeover our league as the vote was 6-2 (WELL DONE CENTRAL & SOUTH) & not unanimous

thankyou
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:40 am

I wonder when next season starts both Centrals and South will be granted another 'Bye' when scheduled to play the Power or the Crows, seeing they were the two clubs to stand strong.

I will continue to Follow South next year as I have done for the last 60 odd years, actually I still would have even if they voted 'yes'
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:18 am

So in this brave new world of sanfl footy, they talk about reducing the salary cap.

Why even bother having one, when 8 teams lie under one system and 2 teams lie under another.

Where is the equity of fair play in that? Sporting Integrity?

You keep hearing arguments that they will be too strong, or won't be strong enough. Either way it is irrelevant, because if it isn't the same for all, then it isn't fair - simple as that.

You have 1 team playing all their games away. Sporting Integrity?

You have some sort of random scheme to find 1 team enough players to play. Sporting Integrity?

You have 2 clubs underwritten by a much larger commercial structure than the other 8. OK, so one of those has been in existence already for 3 years, but is this sporting integrity?

In my opinion the lines are now blurred in regard to what the sanfl represents from here. It certainly represents a divergence of the ideals upon which it was founded and that is probably the most disappointing part about it.

Sturt FC in its statement, argued that some afl has already exists in the sanfl with respect to those players from Adelaide and Port who play for the other 8 clubs. Yes that is true to a degree. But players is one thing, a whole club is another. Particularly when the reason that the club wants to play in the sanfl, first and foremost, is for the development of their players.

There is nothing to suggest that this will compromise the sanfl in a commercial sense - there has been nothing to argue it will assist the sanfl either. But in a sporting sense the sanfl will never be the same.

In another post I said, we need to burn a footy for an urn to create the Ashes of footy. Well in one sense, if you don't consider this the death of the sanfl, it at least lost its virginity yesterday.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:46 pm

we can more than likely have a player playing against us next year being payed more than our salary cap
doesn't seem right to me
plus any of there followers will learn how to support a footy team if they go to their games
next they will want to change the rules so their players don't get hurt
do we play with our rules or do we play their rules as in 50 or 25 meters penalty
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:44 pm

bayman wrote:Mr AFC,
I'll presume you'd say your franchise is openly honest & trustworthy, so with that in mind i would also presume your franchise will decline the 'invitation' to takeover our league as the vote was 6-2 (WELL DONE CENTRAL & SOUTH) & not unanimous

thankyou
Actually Bayman, in a cross last night to Football Park when Neill Cross from the ABC interviewed John Olsen, I clearly heard John say that the vote was 6-2, however, after that vote its was then a unanimous vote by all clubs to accept all of the terms agreed too within the agreement proposed by the SANFL Commission. I thought then that this was to present the unanimous YES vote required to the AFC.

What a load of crock, the entire 8 clubs are therefore responsible for this agreement.
Go Legs
Go Legs

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:54 pm

redandblack wrote:Here's the spot to discuss the pros and cons of the 2014 SANFL competition.

Will you go to all games, will you boycott some games?

Do you see any benefits or anything that hasn't been thought of.

It might also be a good thread for any questions for the AdelaideFC, now that the decision has been made.
I can see the league growing and players staying rather than going bush !! Eagles will be able to play more juniors! And not forced to play some AFL underperforming hack . And know who can play each week !!
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:59 pm

The SANFL's new security firm are going to have to be on their game from the start because I think it's fair to suggest there's going to be a bit of hostility towards the AFC on the terraces, and those AFC fans aren't used to being near people supporting the opposition.
It should calm down early in the game though when the AFC fans realise they face standing up for a whole match, not just at the breaks in play, and head home.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:03 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:The SANFL's new security firm are going to have to be on their game from the start because I think it's fair to suggest there's going to be a bit of hostility towards the AFC on the terraces, and those AFC fans aren't used to being near people supporting the opposition.
It should calm down early in the game though when the AFC fans realise they face standing up for a whole match, not just at the breaks in play, and head home.
plus also people with a beer in their hand
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:22 pm

blacky wrote:
Flag No.9 wrote:The SANFL's new security firm are going to have to be on their game from the start because I think it's fair to suggest there's going to be a bit of hostility towards the AFC on the terraces, and those AFC fans aren't used to being near people supporting the opposition.
plus people with smart, humorous & other types of banter Very Happy 
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:54 pm

blacky wrote:
next they will want to change the rules so their players don't get hurt
do we play with our rules or do we play their rules as in 50 or 25 meters penalty
Interestingly I saw what I believe was my first example of the AFL inspired "Diving at the feet" rule, at Unley last week. Personally I thought the North player just fell over and the Sturt player blundered into him and tripped over him. But the free was paid to Sturt (We were happy to take it Wink  ) It could only have been for this uniquely AFL rule. Can't think of anything else it could have been. Expect to see a lot more of this from now on.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:52 am

I think there have been several of those already this year, cc.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosstralian Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:11 am

blacky wrote:
And people who go to the footy because they love footy, not because it's a trendy thing to do or just so you have something to talk about come Monday
Bosstralian
Bosstralian

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:01 am

I reckon cashed up country clubs and ammos are loving this!

The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:02 am

Still unsure whether I will go to games or not.

Really feel paying $14 to see the crows reserves side not serious about winning a premiership versus South who want to win one is a farcical situation . Basically a trial game really.

My interest in the comp has seriously taken a down hill slide.

Hate and detest the AFL comp with a passion . I won't go near it or watch it on TV so to see this happen is just a nail in the coffin to me.

Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:14 am

Southee wrote:Still unsure whether I will go to games or not.

Really feel paying $14 to see the crows reserves side not serious about winning a premiership versus South who want to win one is a farcical situation . Basically a trial game really.

My interest in the comp has seriously taken a down hill slide.

Hate and detest the AFL comp with a passion . I won't go near it or watch it on TV so to see this happen is just a nail in the coffin to me.

I might be wrong here but
yet up until this year you have watched AFL listed players play for south . And happy they are playing for south!!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:16 am

Sorry but if you say the integrity of the SANFL then you should never have watched a game since the crows arrived !!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:24 am

mickyj wrote:Sorry but if you say the integrity of the SANFL then you should never have watched a game since the crows arrived !!
but the situation arose out of issues.

the set up of the SANFL after the Crows came in was the best it could've been for everybody concerned.

but now its just completely rooted and the playing field is far from even now
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:25 am

I could not really care what AFL players are at south and if you ask any of my family or friends I never watch AFL games.

Don't know what you are trying to say.  I'm just saying I have no interest in AFL and don't want it in our comp. Simple!!!
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosstralian Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:38 pm

The current SANFL is like a bicycle race where all 9 competitors are on the juice. Yes, its compromised but evenly so (give or take the odd extra dosage for some competitors).

What we are to have going forward is a bicycle race where one or two competitors are filled up to the eyeballs on the best gear available while everyone else is clean. Further, the event is to be turned into a bigger joke when the clean competitors attempt to claw back some fairness by designing a tricycle that that juiced up riders get to use instead of a bike.

What an embarrasing disgrace.
Bosstralian
Bosstralian

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:56 pm

An amusing and interesting analogy, Boss.

The afl clubs can and have often withdrawn their players from a sanfl club at a moment's notice and particularly at finals time.

22 years ago, the sanfl basically offered the Crows an olive branch in how their players were going to be treated in the sanfl. I think it has suited the afl clubs more than the sanfl clubs over that journey, even though they now complain about player development being compromised.

But the fairly minor inconsistencies that this system has shown over 20 years, is a far cry from the inconsistencies we are being forced to cop with this ill-conceived plan.

To those who are happy with this new plan, fine, I respect your outlook to remain positive about it.

However, allow us who are a long way from happy, to voice our disappointment in people we consider have let us (and football) down.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:An amusing and interesting analogy, Boss.

The afl clubs can and have often withdrawn their players from a sanfl club at a moment's notice and particularly at finals time.

22 years ago, the sanfl basically offered the Crows an olive branch in how their players were going to be treated in the sanfl. I think it has suited the afl clubs more than the sanfl clubs over that journey, even though they now complain about player development being compromised.

But the fairly minor inconsistencies that this system has shown over 20 years, is a far cry from the inconsistencies we are being forced to cop with this ill-conceived plan.

To those who are happy with this new plan, fine, I respect your outlook to remain positive about it.

However, allow us who are a long way from happy, to voice our disappointment in people we consider have let us (and football) down.
Will do chambo
But you are not speaking for all the SANFL supporters let that be known
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:57 pm

No I realise there is wide divide in the once happy sanfl.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:47 pm

When it all comes down to it, what's better?

-How it is as of now, where AFL players are somewhat divided amongst the clubs and all clubs are squarely aiming for the flag?

-All AFL players are in one club, with ring ins, with the coaching staff not squarely aiming for the flag.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:51 pm

spell_check wrote:When it all comes down to it, what's better?

-How it is as of now, where AFL players are somewhat divided amongst the clubs and all clubs are squarely aiming for the flag?

-All AFL players are in one club, with ring ins, with the coaching staff not squarely aiming for the flag.
Divided amongst the clubs keeping young players out of league games . Finals time either being denied the right to play or out of form players forced on the sanfl clubs and being an eagles fan we have seen that in the past.

End of the day we shall have to wait and see
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next