SANFL competition review

4 posters

Go down

SANFL competition review Empty SANFL competition review

Post by PhilH Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:44 pm

SANFL to review state league competition and pathways

WARREN PARTLAND, The Advertiser
March 14, 2018 4:28pm

The rapidly changing landscape of Australian rules football has prompted the SANFL to have an extensive review of the state league.

While the boundaries of the review have yet to be determined, a committee comprising representatives of the clubs and football commission will be established to take responsibility for the undertaking.

The SANFL is seeking submissions from the clubs on what they want considered and there is no time frame for the review to be concluded before any recommendations are revealed.

With the escalating growth of women’s football, more emphasis on junior programs and business models changing substantially for clubs, the SANFL believes a review of competitions and pathways is a must.

And the need for such an initiative was emphasised by a similar venture by the WAFL last year.

SANFL general manager football Adam Kelly said the review would be extensive and will involve months of work, not weeks.

“In recent years, especially with the advent of women’s football and female pathways, there has been a lot happening,” Kelly said. “We have been trying to keep pace with changes in football and have probably not had a period of time where we can have somebody have a look at what has been business as usual.

“Most SANFL clubs have a women’s team and are running under 14 and under 17 female talent shields. They are doing development work for juniors from 13 through to 18 so there is a lot happening which was not happening three or four years ago.

“There have been a lot of changes, but we have not taken time to sit back and look at what is the clubs’ point of view, what do the competitions and pathways need to be, are they resourced effectively, and is there another way we can be doing this.

“We have got this opportunity in front of us now while the clubs have got all these questions they want answered about the future of the competition and pathways, we can do the review and set us up for the future.”

Kelly noted some of the resources vital to the clubs, especially gaming revenue, had dipped yet they were still trying to fund programs to the same level and that was causing a massive strain.

He said part of the review would be to discuss what football was going to look like in the future given the commission had been able to address debt reduction.

“We definitely see no reason to be negative about our future.”
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

SANFL competition review Empty Re: SANFL competition review

Post by bayman Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:05 pm

Why wouldn’t the girls “pathway” be a mirror image of what the boys have ?

I can see the reserves given the flick & the 18’s be the “early game”
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:57 pm

Since i am having a terrible friday some whimsical thoughts that while logical are unlikely to be even discussed

1. The clubs use thier power as a group to change sanfl constitution so that commisioners can only serve 2 or 3 terms maximun with at least two terms off the commision in between and that president of commision also can only serve in that role 2 terms maximun.

2. The clubs use thier powers to ensure that all appointments to sanfl board must be approved by clubs and that person must have had previous experience on a senior football club board

3 the clubs direct the sanfl commision that they and all employees must put the sanfl competition and clubs needs in front of placating or ensuring future jobs with the afl

4. If the power and crows go then the sanfl must (for once) insist that both clubs honour or buy out with no discount thier 15 year commercial agreement with the sanfl.

5. The SANFL Commision be directed by the clubs as a group to act immediately to amend player contracts so they commercialy bind player for entire season and only can leave sanfl at end of season draft. Players who chose not to sign the new contract are not to be registerred to play in the sanfl further any player who signs the contract and then tries to break it is to be imediately suspended for the length of his contract preventing him from playing anywhere consistent with the rules of the game.

6. If power and crows leave then neither has a team or leaves a team eg new port in the sanfl ----- given the limited sponsorship money now available the clubs direct the sanfl commision that it is to be an 8 team competition with all discussion or movements for additional teams by the sanfl commision or sanfl senior staff to be strictly banned with strong penalties if broken.

7. Unless the afl is willing to place big big dollars with sanfl the the clubs direct the sanflcommisioners that u/18 football takes a secondary role to sanfl league and reserves competitions -- further whilst still attending state games the present situation where players are unavailable for league or reserves club games due to u/18 state trial games be ceased! -- lets start developing players for sanfl league and let the afl worry about itself, those good enough will still make afl but why screw the entire senior competition for a few juniors.

8. Perhaps clubs should remove the sanfl commision and run the sanfl themselves utilising the present sanfl club delegates ( existing one per club)

As i said at start know none will get a gurnsey but all are aimed at putting the priority back where it belongs --- round 2 of sermon will be produced next time i have a down day lol
oldfella
oldfella

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:38 pm

With the Election Day tomorrow I’d be voting for President Oldfella to be in charge of all things football
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:48 pm

bayman wrote:With the Election Day tomorrow I’d be voting for President Oldfella to be in charge of all things football

Ohh great one you humble me but to be compaired with politician eeek lol

Thanks mate

Bit left field and stupid but left field is where we should look as most of the standard remedies has been tried.
oldfella
oldfella

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:45 pm

Reckon I like most of them Oldfella.
Maybe 1 or 2 minor tweaks, but I agree the commission is far too agreeable to anything afl related.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down