C.K
Adelaide Hawk
Lee
howthewestwaswon
Admin
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 24: Eagles v West - Sunday 9 September @ Unleash Solar Oval Empty Round 24: Eagles v West - Sunday 9 September @ Unleash Solar Oval

Post by Admin Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Round 24: Eagles v West - Sunday 9 September @ Unleash Solar Oval Eagles_logo V Round 24: Eagles v West - Sunday 9 September @ Unleash Solar Oval West_logo

Sunday 9 September
Unleash Solar Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Westies are coming off a shock loss to Port, while the Eagles have stormed into the 5 with a win over Sturt. Will West bounce back from their loss and possibly end the Eagles season once and for all, or will the Eagles complete the miracle, knock off West, and amazingly play finals?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 24: Eagles v West - Sunday 9 September @ Unleash Solar Oval Empty Re: Round 24: Eagles v West - Sunday 9 September @ Unleash Solar Oval

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:09 am

Providing that West doesn't rest/trial players, they may have the goods to get up. However, I don't think Woodville has been a happy hunting ground for us, if I'm not mistaken. Question

I think last weeks loss may have knocked some of the wind out of West's sails. Eagles by 2-3 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 24: Eagles v West - Sunday 9 September @ Unleash Solar Oval Empty Re: Round 24: Eagles v West - Sunday 9 September @ Unleash Solar Oval

Post by Lee Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:51 pm

Eagles have everything to play for and will be hard to beat on their home ground.

Westies looked well off top intensity against Port and will need to improve that part of their game.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:24 pm

West will be out to prove last week was an aberration, Eagles are having their last crack at a finals spot. Something keeps telling me Eagles may just get up in this one, but it wouldn't surprise if West take the points.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:27 pm

We are doing this game for ABC-TV, a rare occurence (Sunday match) in the minor round.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:58 pm

Which makes 4 of West's last 5 games on ABC TV.

Must be our attractive game style.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:03 pm

redandblack wrote:Which makes 4 of West's last 5 games on ABC TV.

What else could it be R&B ?
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:07 pm

Buggered if I know, testy, that's the only thing I could think of Neutral
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:07 pm

testy wrote:

I thought it was for FB's and R&B's fan clubs. You know it has trippled since they were in Perth.
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:36 pm

Thiele wrote:
testy wrote:

I thought it was for FB's and R&B's fan clubs. You know it has trippled since they were in Perth.

On Demand on ABC in WA those two. Laughing
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:58 pm

Totally unaware the cameras were rolling, HTWWW Cool
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:00 pm

Unfortunately I think the Eagles will win and win comfortably as they have too much to play for.

Our focus (which I think is wrong at the moment) is on Centrals in the qualifying.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:49 pm

FF Rae Grocke Joyce
HF Knights Staple Hall
C Jarrad Lewis Goldsworthy
HB Day Thompson McKenzie
FB Raymond Culley B Sumner
Ruck Grieger Powell Rowntree
Interchange Shirley Cicolella T Sumner
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:54 pm

BloodnTars wrote:

Our focus (which I think is wrong at the moment) is on Centrals in the qualifying.

if this is correct, it will backfire, flirting with form & 'taking the eye off the ball' rarely if ever works in sport
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:18 pm

howthewestwaswon wrote:
Thiele wrote:
testy wrote:

On Demand on ABC in WA those two. Laughing
yep Perth hasn't been the same sice they left
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:54 pm

Pretty sure it's Ben Grieger's 100th game.

A Fantastic achievement for a great bloke.

Hope he gets BOG but the bloods win Laughing
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:56 pm

FF: SILVERLOCK, STILL, F CARUSO
HFF: Ben FISHER, FERGUSON, BRICKNELL
C: BIRSS, M
ACREADIE, EZARD
HBF: HOMBURG, KEOGH, BONNEY
FB: THOMPSON, TIPPETT, ANDERSON
RUCK: BORHOLM
RUCK ROVER: BLESING
ROVER: N CARUSO
INTERCHANGE: LAIRD, HILL, WILLITS, CROUCH, RANKINE

INS: FERGUSON, STILL, HOMBURG, KEOGH, ANDERSON, BLESING, WILLITS, HILL
OUTS: HARTLETT (ankle), BEECH (ankle), Brad FISHER (ankle), CAIRE (illness), GREEN (illness), NELSON (ommitted)
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:58 pm

I reckon Laird and Crouch may get rested as well.

Can't see us getting within 10 goals of the eagles with that side.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:55 am

I think we've just handed 5th spot to the Eagles.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:50 pm

Strange game.

West lead by a point a 3/4 time and the wind picked up a lot in the last quarter. With West's list of 'outs', I have to say I was surprised by the Eagles, who were playing for a finals spot on their home ground, with only a couple of players short of their best side.

I thought the Eagles struggled most of the day. It was a defensive game, but by both sides and I thought Westies stood up pretty well, although their numerous inside 50 entries were generally poor.

Selection for the final will include looking at most of Hartlett, Brad Fisher, Fielke, Beech, Nelson, Schmidt, Caire, Green and Hill.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Oracle Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:06 pm

Thought our reserves did okay against the Eagles A team playing on their own dung heap for a finals berth.

A win would have been better for momentum, but the signs were good. Think we can topple Centrals on current form.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:12 pm

redandblack wrote:Strange game.

West lead by a point a 3/4 time and the wind picked up a lot in the last quarter. With West's list of 'outs', I have to say I was surprised by the Eagles, who were playing for a finals spot on their home ground, with only a couple of players short of their best side.

I thought the Eagles struggled most of the day. It was a defensive game, but by both sides and I thought Westies stood up pretty well, although their numerous inside 50 entries were generally poor.

Selection for the final will include looking at most of Hartlett, Brad Fisher, Fielke, Beech, Nelson, Schmidt, Caire, Green and Hill.

Was a shocking game to watch today . West played like they were in the mini league !! West were helped in the second quarter by some shocking decsions. I understand from talk around the ground free kicks were 11 to 6 at half time wests way.After halftime frees were much more even.
Also after halftime Eagles improved and ran more .As did west at times .
Furst quarter Eagles built the wall why they stopped im not certain . But really it took the eagles till part way threw the last to shake off the bloods .
Highlights were the performances of Goldsworthy , Byron Sumner , Grieger just to name 3 players .
Also my old belief in the coin toss came back to haunt westies who kicked with the wind .Eagles came home with it and it payed off.
Finals next week and a first ruck again!!!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:15 pm

Oracle wrote:Thought our reserves did okay against the Eagles A team playing on their own dung heap for a finals berth.

A win would have been better for momentum, but the signs were good. Think we can topple Centrals on current form.

Just on your seconds team today .Some of your fans/parents were complaining about the size differances as west played under 18's. Should have seen the faces when i said so were the eagles .And the biggest one was still under 18!!

I didnt mention the 100 game afl player though Smile
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Oracle Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:17 pm

Always take the wind in the first quarter, you never know if it will still be blowing 90 minutes later.

Free kicks went 17-15 to Eagles.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Oracle wrote:Always take the wind in the first quarter, you never know if it will still be blowing 90 minutes later.

Free kicks went 17-15 to Eagles.

so they evened them up after half time !!
Well if you do at woodville dont kick out to the farside hey oracle .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next