Adelaide Hawk
Flag No.10
bayman
mickyj
howthewestwaswon
Admin
11 posters

Go down

Round 22: Norwood v Eagles - Saturday 25 August @ Coopers Stadium Empty Round 22: Norwood v Eagles - Saturday 25 August @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Admin Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:06 pm

Round 22: Norwood v Eagles - Saturday 25 August @ Coopers Stadium Norwood_logo V Round 22: Norwood v Eagles - Saturday 25 August @ Coopers Stadium Eagles_logo

Saturday 25 August
Coopers Stadium

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Broadcast: ABC1

Norwood are coming off a rare loss for 2012 against West, while the Eagles are coming off a morale boosting win over Port. Will Norwood bounce back and put a dent in the Eagles finals chances, or will the Eagles inflict consecutive losses on Norwood and keep their finals chances alive in the process.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 22: Norwood v Eagles - Saturday 25 August @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 22: Norwood v Eagles - Saturday 25 August @ Coopers Stadium

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:50 pm

Norwood to bounce back and win at home by 3-4 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 22: Norwood v Eagles - Saturday 25 August @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 22: Norwood v Eagles - Saturday 25 August @ Coopers Stadium

Post by mickyj Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:14 pm

Will be interesting last time norwood just won .If the Eagles play with better skills than against Port and just keep plugging away like they did against PORT!!

My heart says maybe
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:13 pm

i'll tip a draw (we haven't had one yet, nearly did last week)
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:27 pm

FF Hall Grocke Knights
HF KaneStapleGoldsworthy
C JarradLewisRowntree
HB Raymond Thompson McKenzie
FB Shirley Culley B Sumner
Ruck Grieger Cicolella Powell
Interchange Ramsey Rae Lane
Ins Knights Outs Giuffreda
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:32 pm

Norwood:

F: DAWE WARREN BATSANIS
HF: ZORZI CLARKE TERLICH
C: HUGHES GRIGG GALLAGHER
HB: BODE LANGFORD SMART
B: KIRWAN GEORGIOU CHIPPENDALE

RUCKS
LUCCON
WEBBER
CACHIA

INTERCHANGE:

AISH
JEFFRIES
THOMAS
MURPHY
REINBRECHT

INS:
CLARKE
CACHIA
LUCCON
HUGHES
LANGFORD

OUTS:
PHILLIPS
STOPP
EVANS
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:20 am

Strange Norwood team, top heavy with three ruckmen, and no way will they line up the way they are selected.

The problem we have with winning 16 of the first 17 games is it's so hard to keep players interested in the job, as shown with our lacklustre performance against West last week.

Eagles need to win to make the 5 and that may just be enough to pull them over the line.

Phillips out again, I have my thoughts as to why this is happening, along the lines of AFL players and their availability for finals I would think. Also can't select Brown because the Crows are playing Sunday, so he may miss a game altogether this week.

It would be nice to have a more settled team heading towards the finals, but I guess other clubs are in the same boat to some degree.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:45 am

Noticed that this game is on ABC.

Thought that the ABC weren't going to broadcast games there as there wasn't a suitable platform to put their cameras up, etc. The council had deemed it to be unsafe.

I assume this has been rectified but I had heard nothing about it and even some Norwood supporters on their forum are rather confused about it.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:03 pm

Extremely tough game where it was so hard to get a kick, I was very pleased with the contributions by all Norwood players today.

Only downside was the injury to Batsanis, a vital member of our finals campaign. Didn't look good, so fingers crossed. I also hope Gallagher's headache isn't too bad in the morning.

CK mentioned to me after the game it was the first scoreless quarter in 97 years. Usually I'm not keen on low scoring but the final quarter was absorbing.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Lee Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:35 pm

Norwood 9.2

Eagles 5.5

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:36 pm

Norwood 9.2 56
Eagles 5.5 35
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodsasia Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:38 pm

Nil all in last quarter..must be Collins fault.
bloodsasia
bloodsasia

Teams : Collingwood

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:41 pm

waddayamean wrote:Score ?

Nwd 4.0.24 8.1.49 9.2.56 9.2.56

Wwt 2.2.14 2.2.14 5.5.35 5.5.35

while Norwood were never really going to lose, Wwt battled hard & as AH said it was an absorbing duel throughout the whole game, it amazes me that a bloke who can kick goals (Phillips) while today he didn't have a great day overall but did kick 3 goals can not be given a decent run with Port
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:42 pm

bloodsasia wrote:Nil all in last quarter..must be Collins fault.

If you want it to be.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:46 pm

Joan or Jackie ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:52 pm

That's funny
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by bayman Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:30 pm

waddayamean wrote:
bayman wrote:
waddayamean wrote:Score ?

Nwd 4.0.24 8.1.49 9.2.56 9.2.56

Wwt 2.2.14 2.2.14 5.5.35 5.5.35

while Norwood were never really going to lose, Wwt battled hard & as AH said it was an absorbing duel throughout the whole game, it amazes me that a bloke who can kick goals (Phillips) while today he didn't have a great day overall but did kick 3 goals can not be given a decent run with Port

Not good enough for AFL IMO.

i didn't say that, (good enough or otherwise) i mean he should be given a chance because the team he is with has about 8 quality players & the rest are basically hacks so why not give him a decent chance ?, then at least you would fully know if he can or can't make it or to put it another way using your words there are other players in the Port team that isn't up to AFL standard ether imho
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:51 pm

brodlach wrote:

That's funny

Really?
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:40 pm

AH, I think it's a natural response from West supporters to a self-fulfilling 'truth' that West are the only 'flooders' in the game.

I watched the game today and it wasn't much of a spectacle. That was mainly due to the conditions, but Norwood play an ultra-defensive style. They do it better than anyone and it's successful, so good luck to them.

To say the last quarter was absorbing is interesting.

Watching it on TV, it was a bore-fest of the highest order.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:41 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:
brodlach wrote:

That's funny

Really?

Must have been one hell of a gale blowing to one end, reading those quarter by quarter scores. Wink

Oops. Looks like I completely ignored the fact that other posters may only post serious football facts about the precious NFC... Embarassed

My bad. Rolling Eyes
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:55 pm

redandblack wrote:AH, I think it's a natural response from West supporters to a self-fulfilling 'truth' that West are the only 'flooders' in the game.

I watched the game today and it wasn't much of a spectacle. That was mainly due to the conditions, but Norwood play an ultra-defensive style. They do it better than anyone and it's successful, so good luck to them.

To say the last quarter was absorbing is interesting.

Watching it on TV, it was a bore-fest of the highest order.

i agree with AH, it was absorbing because neither team gave an inch as one tried to run over them & the other were stopping the room for quick ball movement etc both teams should be praised for their 110% effort in doing their jobs for their respective teams......i doubt before today that 'Cicca' has ever been caught twice in one match for htb
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:11 pm

howthewestwaswon wrote:Oops. Looks like I completely ignored the fact that other posters may only post serious football facts about the precious NFC... Embarassed

My bad. Rolling Eyes

What is that dribble supposed to mean?
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:58 pm

Just let others state their outside opinions or have a few laughs with what others write, tis all. Lighten up, you get as defensive as your club does on the ground, when others try to have a laugh or a bit of banter.

Your last argument with me in another post over 'sticking to the facts' in Norwood threads doesn't wash with me.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down