Round 21: Norwood v Centrals - Saturday 24 August @ Coopers Stadium

+3
brodlach
bayman
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Round 21: Norwood v Centrals - Saturday 24 August @ Coopers Stadium Empty Round 21: Norwood v Centrals - Saturday 24 August @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Admin Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:44 pm

Norwood v Centrals

Saturday 24 August
Coopers Stadium

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last Time They Met
Round 13 @ Playford Alive Oval
Centrals 6.4.40
Norwood 11.17.83

Centrals are coming off a solid win over West while Norwood scraped over the line against Glenelg. Will Centrals continue their brilliant form of late, or will Norwood put Centrals back in their place?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 21: Norwood v Centrals - Saturday 24 August @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 21: Norwood v Centrals - Saturday 24 August @ Coopers Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:51 pm

Norwood but only just
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 21: Norwood v Centrals - Saturday 24 August @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 21: Norwood v Centrals - Saturday 24 August @ Coopers Stadium

Post by brodlach Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:26 pm

League
F: Dawe, Warren, Donohue
HF: Phillips, Panos, M. Evans
C: Dumont, Thomas, Fuller
HB: Stevenson, McGuinness, Bode
B: Pfeiffer, Georgiou, Kirwan

R: Baulderstone, Webber, C. Evans
INT: Roocke, Jefferies, Bampton
IN: Bampton, Roocke, Baulderstone
OUT: Renouf (leg), Suckling (hamstring), James Aish (concussion)

brodlach
brodlach

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:47 pm

Norwood to win in a close one.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:10 am

I am going to go today to Norwood, for one last time to see the ground and where we as a family traditional sat in the Southern Stand, our family history at Norwood goes back to my Grandpa, whom I never met, that is almost 100 years of continuous support to this point.

I cannot talk for my Son in Law and my 3 Grand-Daughters who have each sat in the TS Hill Trophy as babies dressed in the Red and Blue, I hope they continue, but for me it will be all over as I walk back through the Parade gates tonight.

The game and all the clubs, Port Magpies included, have all been crucified in one way or another since the Crows/Power came to fore. I just cannot stomach further what has happened to Norwood and the SANFL from within by its own Hierarchy.

The word Integrity has been thrown around a lot lately, mostly by people who have absolutely none, my family has had plenty over 100 years supporting Norwood and stood by the club and great administrators, players and coaches over the journey.

I have deliberately not made that decision till now, to allow a cooler head to take over and let my gut instinct guide the way, in order to maintain Integrity and my family past, its done.

Cheers
Go Legs
Go Legs

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Mannyredleg Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:53 am

Sorry to read this Go Legs. I felt the same and understand your decision.
I have however decided to give it a year to see how it all pans out.
I dont know if you were at the Norwood meeting this week but when it was announced that we could soon be playing a 5 team competition without immediate action to help the clubs, I could see why we had very little choice.
At least the SANFL clubs got 11 out of 13 "concessions" they asked for, the most important for me being that the SANFL can review the reserves licence annually and can decide not to renew it.
We had to do something.
I'm waiting for the AFL licences to be sold to see what financial position the league will be in.
Hopefully then we will be able to call the shots.
Mannyredleg
Mannyredleg

Teams : Norwood
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:15 pm

Nice touch today I noticed on the scoreboard when watching the game on TV - no West/South scores, but the Crows games was on there, complete with the points tally! I've never seen any 'other' match on a scoreboard before with a points tally before...
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum