Round 22: Norwood v Eagles - Saturday 27 August @ Coopers Stadium

+3
bayman
spell_check
Brucetiki
7 posters

Go down

Round 22: Norwood v Eagles - Saturday 27 August @ Coopers Stadium Empty Round 22: Norwood v Eagles - Saturday 27 August @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:59 pm

Norwood (8th 5-12 44.49%) v Eagles (1st 14-3 59.57%)
Saturday 27 August
Coopers Stadium

Reserves:10:55am
League: 1:40pm

It's season over for Norwood while the Eagles will be heading into a week off after this game. Will Norwood finish their season on a high, or will the Eagles romp it in and get their percentage above 60%?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 22: Norwood v Eagles - Saturday 27 August @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 22: Norwood v Eagles - Saturday 27 August @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Scrappy Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:12 pm

LADDER

EG 14-3..59.57
SA 13-4..56-36
ST 13-4..54-88

EG will finish top
Might be focused on September 2016 matches ?
NW have no games until 2017
Will any team have incentive ?
Perhaps an upset ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Round 22: Norwood v Eagles - Saturday 27 August @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 22: Norwood v Eagles - Saturday 27 August @ Coopers Stadium

Post by bayman Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:09 am

Eagles comfortably, it'll be interesting to see which team Boyd plays in after suspension, unless his injury is season ending, any update on that?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:29 am

bayman wrote:Eagles comfortably, it'll be interesting to see which team Boyd plays in after suspension, unless his injury is season ending, any update on that?

I borrowed this off the eagles nest ive been below par with an ear infection and burst ear drum (after my cold virus) so i havent kept up with info

Woodville-West Torrens midfielder James Boyd will challenge a one-match ban with an early guilty plea for striking Glenelg’s Josh Woodall at Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval on Sunday.

The SANFL Incident Review Panel deemed Boyd’s conduct was intentional and that he made contact to Woodall’s body which was of low impact.

Boyd risks a 2 match ban, due to a bad record, if he is unsuccessful at the SANFL Tribunal from 6pm on Tuesday.

JAMES BOYD (EAGLES) – STRIKING
Conduct: Intentional
Impact: Low
Penalty (Bad Record Loading): 2 matches
Early Guilty Plea: 1 match
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:09 pm

bayman wrote:Eagles comfortably, it'll be interesting to see which team Boyd plays in after suspension, unless his injury is season ending, any update on that?

It sounds like at the earliest it would be GF week,,,even if we did make it, he may as well have a target drawn on him. McGregor might miss only this game at best.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:21 am

interesting to see who the eagles bring up seeing i missed the bay game before that Press was kicking bag s of goals in the seconds . Does Lewis come back in for boyd or is there another option Obrien and Hayes already in the league
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:34 pm

spell_check wrote:

It sounds like at the earliest it would be GF week,,,even if we did make it, he may as well have a target drawn on him.  McGregor might miss only this game at best.

thanks spelly
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:20 am

mickyj wrote:

I borrowed this off the eagles nest ive been below par with an ear infection and burst ear drum (after my cold virus) so i havent kept up with info

Woodville-West Torrens midfielder James Boyd will challenge a one-match ban with an early guilty plea for striking Glenelg’s Josh Woodall at Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval on Sunday.

The SANFL Incident Review Panel deemed Boyd’s conduct was intentional and that he made contact to Woodall’s body which was of low impact.

Boyd risks a 2 match ban, due to a bad record, if he is unsuccessful at the SANFL Tribunal from 6pm on Tuesday.

Sometimes it pays to appeal a decision

Woodville-West Torrens midfielder James Boyd has had his penalty downgraded for striking Glenelg’s Josh Woodall at Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval on Sunday.

Boyd risked a 2 match ban, due to a bad record, if he was unsuccessful at the SANFL Tribunal on Wednesday evening. However, the Tribunal exercised its discretion on the basis that the offence was committed in response to provocation and subsequently downgraded the penalty to a $200 fine and reprimand.

Glenelg utility Josh Woodall recieved a four-match ban from the SANFL Tribunal after being found guilty of engaging in rough conduct with Eagles midfielder James Boyd at Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval on Sunday.

Woodall's conduct was deemed as intentional in that he made high impact to Boyd's body which resulted in a fracture of his clavicular.

In handing down Woodall's penalty, the SANFL Tribunal took into account his not guilty plea and that he had been sanctioned for striking on three occasions in the Reserves last year.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:33 am

goddy11 wrote:
mickyj wrote:

Sometimes it pays to appeal a decision

Woodville-West Torrens midfielder James Boyd has had his penalty downgraded for striking Glenelg’s Josh Woodall at Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval on Sunday.

Boyd risked a 2 match ban, due to a bad record, if he was unsuccessful at the SANFL Tribunal on Wednesday evening. However, the Tribunal exercised its discretion on the basis that the offence was committed in response to provocation and subsequently downgraded the penalty to a $200 fine and reprimand.

Glenelg utility Josh Woodall recieved a four-match ban from the SANFL Tribunal after being found guilty of engaging in rough conduct with Eagles midfielder James Boyd at Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval on Sunday.

Woodall's conduct was deemed as intentional in that he made high impact to Boyd's body which resulted in a fracture of his clavicular.

In handing down Woodall's penalty, the SANFL Tribunal took into account his not guilty plea and that he had been sanctioned for striking on three occasions in the Reserves last year.

wow well what can we say Goddy 11
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:10 am

I'm glad my post as accepted the other site in this city seems not to let me post go figure
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:28 pm

EAGLES
Woodville-West Torrens veteran Scott Lewis is poised to make his IGA League return against Norwood at Coopers Stadium on Saturday.

Lewis, who has now recovered from a minor calf strain, chalked up 22 disposals in the Reserves last Sunday in his first game back.

The left-footer has been joined in the Eagles’ 23-man squad by goalsneaks Jackson Press and Matthew Raymond as well as emerging midfielder Joe Sinor, who had 32 disposals in the Reserves last round.

Star midfielder James Boyd (broken collarbone) faces an uphill battle to play again this season while small forward Lachlan McGregor (broken arm) could return for the Second Semi-Final.

League
F: O’Brien, Redden, N. Hayes
HF: Gaffney, Ainger, Rowland
C: Goldsworthy, Poole, Hall
HB: Jarrad, Von Bertouch, Allmond
B: P. Raymond, Thompson, Giuffreda

R: Borholm, Petrenko, Rowntree
INT: Wundke, Sinor, Press, M. Raymond, Lewis
IN: Press, Lewis, Sinor, M. Raymond
OUT: Boyd (broken collarbone), McGregor (broken arm)

Reserves
F: Jolly, Raikiwasa, Comitogianni
HF: Stengle, Summerton, Whittlesea
C: Woods, Firns, B. Ellis
HB: G. Ellis, Cox, Westbrook
B: Elsworthy, Heinjus, Batley

R: J. Hayes, Yarran, J. Lee
INT: L. Hayes

Under-18
F: Longbottom, Hoare, Cook
HF: Weidemann, Moller, Creeper
C: Martin, W. McPherson, Georgeson
HB: Coxon, Lukosius, Bonadarenko
B: Holman, Beecken, Hoyle

R: Baqeri, Smith, Moore
INT: Brill, Friend, Goold, Mead, Miller, Wood
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:45 am

Fingers crossed I can actually make it this week
Busted ear drum hopefully will be ok
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:53 pm

Eagles should win this comfortably.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:07 am

Scrappy wrote:LADDER

EG 14-3..59.57
SA 13-4..56-36
ST 13-4..54-88

EG will finish top
Perhaps an upset ?

I did not go to this game

So what happened?
A: Did Norwood play well
B: Did Eagles play poorly
C: Combination of A+B
D: Eagles are more concerned with the BIG picture of finals
E: Any other reason

One corporate Bookmaker bet $10-50 Norwood to win this match
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:24 am

Scrappy wrote:
Scrappy wrote:LADDER

EG 14-3..59.57
SA 13-4..56-36
ST 13-4..54-88

EG will finish top
Perhaps an upset ?

I did not go to this game

So what happened?
A: Did Norwood play well
B: Did Eagles play poorly
C: Combination of A+B
D: Eagles are more concerned with the BIG picture of finals
E: Any other reason

One corporate Bookmaker bet $10-50 Norwood to win this match

Eagles had nothing to prove rumours have it 15 Norwood players ect leaving after the game they had more to prove I heard Norwood fans rubbing in the Eagles in grand finals then how they win three in a row they loved the win .
Eagles lost by a small margin get next week off
No reports or injuries this week
So a game which meant nothing costs zero player losses
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down