Coopers Stadium Upgrade

4 posters

Go down

Coopers Stadium Upgrade Empty Coopers Stadium Upgrade

Post by Big Phil Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:10 pm

Looks like there could be a decision made tonight...

From Localfootysa...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/norwood-payneham-st-peters-council-set-to-decide-norwood-ovals-coopers-hill-fate-tonight/story-e6frea83-1226449178354
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Coopers Stadium Upgrade Empty Re: Coopers Stadium Upgrade

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:19 pm

The comments made me laugh, "Just a matter of time before someone runs into the wall and is seriously injured". I've been hearing that crap for nearly 50 years, and Norwood have been playing there since 1901, how much more time do we need? Smile

I've seen more serious injuries at other grounds when players were pushed into coaches' boxes, etc.

Anyway, back to the issue. I am worried about the council's option. I'd hate to be up in the members' bar trying to watch the game on a sunny afternoon, I wouldn't be able to see a thing.

A major consideration would be the dwindling earning potential of SANFL clubs. I'd hate to be stuck with a financial committment we can handle now, but maybe not in 5 years' time.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:55 pm

wouldn't a cheap way to do it is just to pad 'the wall' or even bring the boundary line in a metre or so (same for both teams), over the years i've noticed most players help each other slow down to avoid 'the wall' bar for a player a few weeks ago who''pumped'' a Norwood player into 'the wall'
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:07 pm

There's simply no problem with the wall. If players slow down as they approach the line, that's good. As I said earlier, I've seen more injuries sustained over the years by players running into coaching boxes and fences. The wall is a deterent, not a danger.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:12 pm

Visiting teams find those sitting above the wall more annoying than.the wall itself.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:18 am

redandblack wrote:Visiting teams find those sitting above the wall more annoying than.the wall itself.

I'm one of those people, but I have to agree. Some real tossers up there. Against Central, a dogs reseves player did something they took exception to, so at the completion of the game, and for the entire time the reserves players waited for the league to take the field, they abused that player. When I suggested it was enough, they all turned around and started on me!! If you ever want to see a low class of football supporter, just sit in my spot for an evening.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down