The Wrap Up: Norwood v Glenelg @ Coopers Stadium

+2
Lee
Admin
6 posters

Go down

The Wrap Up: Norwood v Glenelg @ Coopers Stadium Empty The Wrap Up: Norwood v Glenelg @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Admin Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:46 pm

Norwood: 6.2  12.5  19.9  23.13.151
Glenelg:   1.1    3.3    4.7   7.  7. 49

A dominant display for Norwood saw them lead from the outset in a dominant performance, defeating the hapless Tigers by 102 points at a wet Coopers Stadium.

How good were Norwood?  How bad were Glenelg?  Discuss the result of the game here.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Norwood v Glenelg @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Norwood v Glenelg @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Lee Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:09 pm

Norwood are very good, but that seems a really sub-standard display by Glenelg.

You have to ask if all is sell at the Bay.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Norwood v Glenelg @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Norwood v Glenelg @ Coopers Stadium

Post by bayman Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:14 am

although outclassed in the first term i thought we were trying, however after that term it was purely a training drill for Norwood & we were the black and gold cones, this last two months has been the worst football i've seen at Glenelg since 1997 ? with ironically the worse that year against Norwood at the Bay, Norwood had precise & intelligent ball movement we had panic football all night long, hell even one of the better players for the year Lyons kicked a ball straight to the man on the mark from a set shot, i thought McInerney would be the only bloke who could hold his head up after the game while others drifted in & out of the game.....Mickan got the chop after a drubbing at Elizabeth while still in the 5 & he had some runs on the board, so while they probably wont sack Massie, i think the right thing to do is tell him it isn't working & he wont be reappointed for next year & beyond & therfore leave it up to him whether he wants to see out the year or not & this also then gives the club an honest way of advertising for a decent well credentialled coach
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:31 am

It would seem that is the way to go bayman for the rest of this year, put the word to Massie, tell him like it is, then leave the decision up to him.

For both Glenelg and South to go ahead, they both should be scouring the football circles for an AFL experienced person to be the head coach in 2014.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:27 am

Willing to persist with Fuller like West did with Collins.

Can't understand Massie's game plan though. Time to move on. As bayman said, Glenelg's pressure was good in the first term last night (tackles were 12-4 in their favour) but after quarter time, Norwood continued to dominate possession (275-211) but also the tackles (31-19) instead of the opposite.

After quarter time, opposition disposals per tackle:
Norwood 6.8
Glenelg 14.5

Yikes! Surprised
scott
scott

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:39 am

That 'opposition disposals per tackle' stat is probably irrelevant without some comparisons.

The league average is 7.41 opposition disposals per tackle this season. Obviously the lower the number the better.

Norwood is on 6.58 for the season
Glenelg is on 7.48 for the season, which doesn't seem much of a difference but it equates to opposition getting roughly 50 disposals more per match without being tackled
scott
scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:25 pm

Norwood just seem to get better and better, you do really start to wonder who is going to stop them, people might rail on the Bays, yet I doubt that several other SANFL sides would have done any better on Norwoods home ground.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:51 pm

Really interesting stuff, Scott.

Ben, I agree with you about Norwood, they seem a long way above the rest, possibly except North, however I can think of 7 other clubs who would have done better than the Bays.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down