The Wrap Up: Norwood v North @ Coopers Stadium

5 posters

Go down

The Wrap Up: Norwood v North @ Coopers Stadium Empty The Wrap Up: Norwood v North @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Admin Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:01 pm

Norwood 2.7 5.11 9.16 14.16.100
North 1.3 3.6 3.6 7.7.49

Norwood continue their rampaging form, while North's horror form continues, as Norwood notch up a 51 point win over North. Who can stop Norwood? Are North merely making up the numbers next week?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Norwood v North @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Norwood v North @ Coopers Stadium

Post by bayman Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:21 pm

NO Johnson No North, North will be a lot better next week with him coming in but i can't see anyone beating Norwood in the finals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Norwood v North @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Norwood v North @ Coopers Stadium

Post by spell_check Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:46 pm

I haven't looked at them all, but I believe the last time a side went into a finals series with 5 consecutive losses was Woodville in 1987.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:55 pm

North kicked 7 goals.

After West ran Norwood close last time they played, at Norwood, they received a torrent of abuse from many of the usual suspects about their style of play, because they only kicked 8 goals. Norwood kicked 8 and won by 3 points.

West's style was contrasted to the 'attacking' teams. The week before, Sturt kicked 2 goals against Norwood.

Since then, the scores against Norwood have been:

Port 2 goals

Glenelg 8

Central 7

Eagles 5

North 7.

Apart from Glenelg, each of the other teams was smashed.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:36 pm

AFL teams of late seem to be zoning off a lot less, because the kicking skills have improved so much that a small amount of space is enough to be able to find a teammate. So there's a lot more man-on-man now. At SANFL level Norwood are similar, their ball use is so good that I don't think zoning off bothers them. I think man on man is a team's only hope against them - of course the trick then is that your player has to be able to beat his Norwood opponent.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:51 pm

Yes, that's spot on, F9.

Credit to Norwood that their skills match their game plan.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down