The Wrap Up: Norwood v Port @ Coopers Stadium

+3
bayman
Lee
Admin
7 posters

Go down

The Wrap Up: Norwood v Port @ Coopers Stadium Empty The Wrap Up: Norwood v Port @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Admin Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:54 pm

Norwood 4.4 6.4 10.4 13.5.83
Port       1.2 1.4   2.5  2.8.20

Norwood kick off Indigenous Round in style with a big 63 point win over Port. Who can beat Norwood? How poor were Port?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Norwood v Port @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Norwood v Port @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Lee Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:22 pm

Again, Norwood's defence is very very good.

The last 3 games, Sturt kicked 2 goals (?), West kicked 8 and Port kicked 2.

Kudos to Norwood, but it must be getting harder for the West Adelaide haters at Norwood to keep justifying the criticism of West as being boringly defensive.  Compared to Port and Sturt, they're profligate Very Happy
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Norwood v Port @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Norwood v Port @ Coopers Stadium

Post by bayman Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:44 pm

game went as expected, there is a huge gap between the top 3 & the bottom 4 teams, Port tried hard & when they did get the ball they went sideways or backwards because they had no one to kick too, it was at times (most of the time) a men v boys match, Port had no forwards with not too many presenting themselves with leads (Johncock despite his 2 goals was quiet)....heard a stat on the radio of Ports 6 wins 4 of them have been by less than a goal & i'll add Glenelg were two of those
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Scrunch Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:32 am

redandblack wrote:Again, Norwood's defence is very very good.

The last 3 games, Sturt kicked 2 goals (?), West kicked 8 and Port kicked 2.

Kudos to Norwood, but it must be getting harder for the West Adelaide haters at Norwood to keep justifying the criticism of West as being boringly defensive.  Compared to Port and Sturt, they're profligate Very Happy

Im not sure why any West Adelaide reference was necessary?
Hard for the Magpies now.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:38 am

With that we march on to the Bays at Glenelg in a fortnight's time with either position 1 or 2 pretty safely wrapped up by seasons end.

Good win by the boys tonight with the game in the bag by the end of the first quarter, and for a change we won all four quarters as well.

I was sorry for them towards the end, I had expected better but old habits die hard.

Whatever happens at the end of this year, and if this was the last game against the Port Adelaide Magpies, goodbye old trusted and most respected enemy of over a century.

My father, rest his soul, would do the Irish jig, but somehow I just feel very, very sad that a club of such wonderful tradition was eaten alive by its very own and in the end a skeleton left to rot in the sun.

Shame Port Power, Shame.
Go Legs
Go Legs

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:12 pm

13.5 Norwood
2.8 Port Adelaide

The score line has perhaps some sort of history
All goals scored by Port Adelaide were scored by indigenous personel
Graham Stiffy Johncock scored the 2 goals for Port Adelaide
So this might be the only time this has happened for Port Adelaide , or indeed , any SANFL club
?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:16 pm

Go Legs wrote:With that we march on to the Bays at Glenelg in a fortnight's time with either position 1 or 2 pretty safely wrapped up by seasons end.

Good win by the boys tonight with the game in the bag by the end of the first quarter, and for a change we won all four quarters as well.

I was sorry for them towards the end, I had expected better but old habits die hard.

Whatever happens at the end of this year, and if this was the last game against the Port Adelaide Magpies, goodbye old trusted and most respected enemy of over a century.

My father, rest his soul, would do the Irish jig, but somehow I just feel very, very sad that a club of such wonderful tradition was eaten alive by its very own and in the end a skeleton left to rot in the sun.

Shame Port Power, Shame.

Agree
I've always respected the Port Adelaide SANFL Football club
Envied, but never ever hated them
It will be the greatest shame if this magnificently performed club ever lost its SANFL identity
If it happens, goodbye to the 1870's , will be gone but never forgotten
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum