bayman
Big Phil
Lee
howthewestwaswon
Admin
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Round 18: North v West - Saturday 28 July @ Prospect Oval - Page 3 Empty Re: Round 18: North v West - Saturday 28 July @ Prospect Oval

Post by Thiele Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:48 pm

Well done North. Great win by our reserves with only 17 fit players. R&B how did the 18s go I had to leave for a family funtion
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 18: North v West - Saturday 28 July @ Prospect Oval - Page 3 Empty Re: Round 18: North v West - Saturday 28 July @ Prospect Oval

Post by testy Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:07 pm

North to good on the day and probably the Bloods worst game for the season and not helped by 3 important late changes to the side. First loss at prospect for a couple of years.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Thiele wrote:Well done North. Great win by our reserves with only 17 fit players. R&B how did the 18s go I had to leave for a family funtion

Sorry Thiele, just saw this.

They were 1 point up at half-time and won by about 10 goals.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:46 pm

speaking to a North official he thought Norths run & carry along with their pace was the main reason North won
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:19 pm

That's probably correct, baman.

After the game, apart from Ferguson I found it hard to find any other good players.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that the state of the centre area at Prospect was deemed unsuitable for the centre circle, so the circle was shifted to only about 10 metres from the square line on one wing.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Another note from the Under 18 game. Sometimes a coaching move can make a huge difference to a game. At half-time, scores were almost level, West leading by a point, but North's full-forward, a very big lad with good hands and a lovely kick, was dominating against two different opponents.

West's coach shifted the ruckman on to him after half-time and obviously instructed him to run off the full-forward, which he did on several occasions. It was disappointing to see the FF stuck to the goalsquare, not chasing at all. Perhaps he was carrying an inujry, but it didn't seem so.

That move turned a big problem for West into an attacking move which also had a major pyschological effect on the game.

Both sides had several players up in the Reserves the day before and weren't at full strength, but it was still an entertaining game.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:43 pm

redandblack wrote:Another note from the Under 18 game. Sometimes a coaching move can make a huge difference to a game. At half-time, scores were almost level, West leading by a point, but North's full-forward, a very big lad with good hands and a lovely kick, was dominating against two different opponents.

West's coach shifted the ruckman on to him after half-time and obviously instructed him to run off the full-forward, which he did on several occasions. It was disappointing to see the FF stuck to the goalsquare, not chasing at all. Perhaps he was carrying an inujry, but it didn't seem so.

That move turned a big problem for West into an attacking move which also had a major pyschological effect on the game.

Both sides had several players up in the Reserves the day before and weren't at full strength, but it was still an entertaining game.

That might be Grant Coffee's son Jared, who transferred over from Central earlier in the season?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:57 pm

No, Phil, I think it was Mitchell Harvey (No 5).

Jared was No 45.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:10 pm

redandblack wrote:No, Phil, I think it was Mitchell Harvey (No 5).

Jared was No 45.

No worries, cheers R&B...

Do you recall how Jared played?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:37 pm

Sorry, I didn't realise who it was, otherwise I would have taken more notice.

I was really watching the Bloods' players more/
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:40 pm

redandblack wrote:Sorry, I didn't realise who it was, otherwise I would have taken more notice.

I was really watching the Bloods' players more/

Yeah, fair enough and I understand, R&B...

Thanks anyway...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3