Booney
blacky
Brucetiki
UncleHuey
Aceman
BloodnTars
12 posters

Go down

Round 14: North v Adelaide - Saturday 18 July @ Prospect Oval Empty Round 14: North v Adelaide - Saturday 18 July @ Prospect Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:18 pm

North's season continued to free fall against South, while Adelaide went down to Centrals in their first game since Phil Walsh's passing. Who will come away with the win this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 14: North v Adelaide - Saturday 18 July @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 14: North v Adelaide - Saturday 18 July @ Prospect Oval

Post by bayman Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:34 pm

if North don't win this one they may as well start pre season next week, North by 6 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 14: North v Adelaide - Saturday 18 July @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 14: North v Adelaide - Saturday 18 July @ Prospect Oval

Post by BloodnTars Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:34 pm

North are horrible and won't win this one. Adelaide aint much better but will win by about 8 goals.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceman Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:19 pm

Crows to gift wrap the spoon to North, Crows reserves by 30-40
Aceman
Aceman

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:09 pm

Crows I think, North look disinterested and are done for the season.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:24 pm

North by 28 with the grog squad doing what they do best
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:35 pm

Van Berlo's playing for Adelaide - that should boost North's chances Laughing

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:02 pm

This is a hard game to pick North have some real issues at the moment, but could easilly come out swinging. Still on form I will go with the Crows by 14pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:21 pm

Aceman wrote:Crows to gift wrap the spoon to North, Crows reserves by 30-40

Well I hope so. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. Laughing

Adelaide by 39 points.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:23 pm

Paul wrote:North by 28 with the grog squad doing what they do best
grog squad not going these days affraid
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:10 pm

Adelaide 25:10 (160)
def
North Adelaide 8:11 (59)

North Adelaide seem to have more problems than they know what to do with at the moment..
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:34 am

Ben W wrote:Adelaide 25:10 (160)
def

North Adelaide seem to have more problems than they know what to do with at the moment..

Great news. Long may it stay that way. Very Happy
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by kingrooster Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:37 am

Booney wrote:
Ben W wrote:Adelaide 25:10 (160)
def

Great news. Long may it stay that way. Very Happy

I am interested to know why North are hated so much. It's not as though we are that successful. We are so inconsistent, world beaters one minute and then easy beats the next. We haven't done anything of note for 24 years and have been the butt of many, many jokes since 1989s effort.

Anyway, just curious. Fans of most clubs seem to take great delight in our misery.
kingrooster
kingrooster

Teams : North Adelaide
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:52 am

Copped more over the years from North supporters at Prospect than just about anywhere else.

From Norwood, I'll cop it, from Centrals, I'll cop it....from North and the hybrids at Woodville I won't.

Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:07 am

Can't say I dislike any clubs more than each other. My late grandfather followed North but reading stuff on another site, North fans appear worse than others (except for one Norwood knob), probably due to the sheep they follow though.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:25 am

You're highly valued, KR, and the vast majority of North fans are fine. I think the lack of love comes is because of a few feral fans who haven't endeared themselves to many on other forums.

My mother barracked for North and I've always liked them until the last several years.

TFSA is a North-friendly forum, though. A great club with a great history.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by kingrooster Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:34 am

Lee wrote:You're highly valued, KR, and the vast majority of North fans are fine.  I think the lack of love comes is because of a few feral fans who haven't endeared themselves to many on other forums.

My mother barracked for North and I've always liked them until the last several years.

TFSA is a North-friendly forum, though. A great club with a great history.

Thanks Lee, the replies from Booney, Paul and yourself confirm exactly what I thought. I must admit I understand completely. It's a shame that friendly rivalry and banter turns ugly when it comes to some people. It seems that North seems to have more than it's fair share of supporters that rub people the wrong way.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, I know I'm probably the only one, but let's hope we can drag ourselves off the bottom sooner rather than later.

Cheers.
Kingsley
kingrooster
kingrooster

Teams : North Adelaide
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:07 pm

all teams, mine included have a ''bad element'' of supporters, but most supporters of every club are decent people
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:55 pm

The last time South Adelaide finished on top of the ladder we went out in straight sets and had the dream smashed by North Adelaide, so I guess that is a good reason to have a rivalry with the chooks if you are a South Adelaide supporter!

North will turn it around though, yet I suspect the members may finally have had enough with some longer term board members and others and give them the sack at the AGM this time around. It could well be the right time for an ex player or two along with others that genuinley beat red and white blood for the club to stand up and raise a ticket to change things.
Ben W
Ben W

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:04 pm

KingRooster, I do not think football people hate the Roosters per say.

On every forum there are knobs who like to have their say on every team around some of it is good, most of what they say is said while the grog is still in the system, they are still fired up from the days game, they also have a few mates that will come on board and agree with the writers ramblings just to keep getting their posts up.

Every South supporter has been tormented with what you are going through since the early '50's with the exception of maybe 18 seasons they become hardened to all that crud and let a lot of it bounce off, deep down it hurts it also makes you harder and determined that your team will bounce back.

The banter on here is normally taken in good spirits by those involved and it can be enjoyable and fun stuff to read, something akin to the great wise cracks from the terraces on any match day.

I think this is my first post for the year to any of the forums I am on, I think I am a bit like you, you can only take so much crap about your team from others that eventually you recede back into your shell and when you come out you are looking for an answer.

KR the sun will come out again tomorrow and the future will brighten up.

My Dad, my brother, my nephew, and his son are all North members. My Dad is 96, his great grandson is 2. I love them all dearly. I have followed the Panthers for 63 years. there is hope for all of us. queen cat
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down