Captain Jimmy
fatty
Sabre
Lee
10 posters

Go down

Tribunal Decision  Empty Tribunal Decision

Post by Lee Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:02 pm

The Tribunal has sat, sifted through the off-season signings and produced their first table of how sides are travelling for 2012.

We find there’s not much between 3rd and 9th, but the perennial Grand Finallists still look a cut above the rest. After that, it’s a toss-up and we’re expecting plenty of argument.

So here’s how The Tribunal sees things this far out from the season start.

1 The Eagles:

Look to be at least as strong as last year, with a premiership hangover their main enemy. The Tribunal thinks that premiership hangovers are a thing of the past, so they retain the No 1 ranking until something happens to change our mind.

Best scenario: Up there all the way and attend the chimney ceremony celebrating.

Worst scenario: Injuries hit key players and they only finish top three.

Wildcard: They have to fit too many Crows in and get confused. [/i][/b]

2 The Doggies:

Lost a few, gained a few. Chris and James Gowans were ‘gone’ a few years ago, but everyone knew that except themselves, so they ignored it. Finished within a kick of the premiership with a patched up side last time, so they’ll be thereabouts again.

Best case: They just roll on as usual and attend another happy Chimney unveiling.

Worst case: Chris and James time is up, the recruits take time, they miss Spurr and Havelberg and the Eagles have their measure again.

Wild Card: Not competing in the Foxtel Cup leaves them short of match practice.

3 The Legs:

We’ve got them here on a knife-edge. Plenty of question marks, with key losses and a game plan that needs to be reworked for finals footy. Their recruiting has been good, but there’s a lot to cover.

Best case : Nathan Bassett works miracles again, the recruits settle in, the game plan is adjusted and they lose the GF to the Eagles.

Worst case: The losses hurt, the recruits take time to settle, Nathan Bassett is inflexible and they fall……. a long way.

Wild Card: They miss out on the top three due to a cancelled game because the lights shatter and there's no groundsman to fix it up.

4 The Panthers

Plenty of outs and plenty of ins. Last year’s fourth wasn’t convincing, but it was early days in Ron Fuller’s re-establishment plans. They’re gradually building a good list, but it’s still 2 steps forward and one step backward and there’s still a way to go.
We’re hovering over them , read to drop them down the ladder.

Best case: The improvement continues, they win more minor round games than last year and improve one spot.

Worst case: South, history, Noarlunga and they drop to more accustomed depths.

Wild Card: The Panthers become the first SANFL side to have players' names on their guernseys so that their teammates know who they are.

5 The Roosters

A far cry from the old Roosters recruiting strategy, it’s all to do with local players now, from wherever they can get them, but they’re steadier and that should start to bear fruit.

Best case: They consistently produce an attacking style of footy, Alleway dominates up forward and they head for Footy Park at finals time.

Worst: Injuries and AFL absences keep Alleway in defence, their recruits don’t get past the level they were at elsewhere and they fail to improve.

Wild Card: Blee plays AFL, Stewart plays AFL, trouble.

6 The Bloods

Not many outs, but Silvester and Morris were quality they couldn’t afford to lose. Some good ‘local product’ ins returning from the AFL and a couple of unproven imports .

Best: They keep their best 21 on the park, prove their start to 2011 was no fluke and make a couple of appearances at the business end of the season.

Worst: Injuries again show their lack of depth, they can’t kick goals and a low finish causes problems all round.

Wild Card: They constantly attack and the opposition is totally confused.

7 The Magpies:

Starting to produce a better forward set-up, with their unexpected recruiting coup. Lose a bit of heart and soul with Lokan, some speed with Milera, but should continue to improve.

Best case: Their forward set-up causes headaches and their enthusiasm takes them into a comfortable finals spot.

Worst case: Their forward set-up doesn’t cause enough problems and their enthusiasm isn’t enough to have them make the finals.

Wild Card: They celebrate too early after winning the Foxtel Cup and their season peters out.

8 The Double Blues

Have recruited well and were blessed in the mini-draft. Hard to see Duldig kicking 50 again, but others could step up. Lack of height, especially in defence, is still a problem.

Best case: The recruits add just enough to make their best 21 very competitive and they rise two or three spots up the ladder, maybe even four.

Worst case: Their weaknesses are apparent, they find it hard to win away from Unley and it’s continue to rebuild time.

Wild Card: Plent of AFL plaers vecome available and they're suddenly a different proposition.

9 The Tigers

You have to put them here for the moment. No team can lose that many players and not feel the effect. Don’t get too dismissive though, their best team will still be very competitive, but anything less than that is a big problem.

Best case: Their talented younger players seize their chances, their experienced players continue to produce and they knock on the door of the five.

Worst case: Injuries and another coach shown the door, a season to forget.

Wild Card: The opposition think they're playing at Adelaide Oval and lose focus.

Overall wild card:

We've put in some things that keen supporters will vehemently disagree with.

You're a keen supporter, tell us why we're wrong.

(PS: Boti Nagy should be acknowledged for the standard 'best case, worse case' write-up style Smile )

Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Tribunal Decision  Empty Re: Tribunal Decision

Post by Sabre Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:57 pm

redandblack wrote:
The Legs:
Wild Card: They miss out on the top three due to a cancelled game because the lights shatter and there's no groundsman to fix it up.
Shocked
I'm deeply offended 'r&b' !
If the lights ever go out again, it will only be if Norwood are 1 to 5 points up at the end of the final quarter
and our opponents have a set shot on goal with only seconds remaining and there's a final 5 position at risk !
Remember Rik E Boy's location ?
'At the switch'
Laughing

Wink
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:08 pm

Ahhhh, yes, Sabre, I stand corrected.

Can I claim that as one of The Tribunal's deliberate errors?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:26 am

Oh.... alright, but hurry while I look the other way ! Laughing
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by fatty Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:34 pm

whats with the tigers wildcard re adelaide oval?
fatty
fatty

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:33 am

Good question, fatty.

Glenelg Oval is looking really good right now, due to the cricket commitments. The old fence has been replaced with a white picket fence, just like Adelaide Oval.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:54 pm

Going out on a limb with South Adelaide as a top 4 side?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Jimmy Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:28 pm

As a North man, all that matters is the Bays finish bottom Tribunal Decision  3136717439
Captain Jimmy
Captain Jimmy

Teams : North & Sydney
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by 85 Was A good Year Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:29 pm

Captain Jimmy wrote:As a North man, all that matters is the Bays finish bottom Tribunal Decision  3136717439

Sad Captain, very Sad. Razz
85 Was A good Year
85 Was A good Year

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:59 am

Captain Jimmy wrote:As a North man, all that matters is the Bays finish bottom Tribunal Decision  3136717439

I'd prefer that Port finish last along with their AFL brothers. Wink
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Teams : Eagles
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:43 pm

I think West and North will improve quite a bit.Glenelg and Norwood to stumble a bit.
South will be a top3 side.

blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Who..? Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:32 am

hahaha, great post R&B..
I dont agree with the Foxtel Cup comment. (Its just another way to line Foxtel's pocket) If match practice was a reason to play then what happened to your bloods last year..? they looked good early then just fell away..too much footy perhaps..?
Harry Who..?
Harry Who..?

My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:09 am

Not too much footy, Harry, too few footballers Sad
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Lee Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:59 pm

Relax, AA, it's because I think other teams will pay him a lot more attention, perhaps opening the way for others to kick 50.

But I hope I'm wrong, because Matthew is a great bloke.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:56 pm

Not too sure about that one.
Duldig did have pride of place in the Choir last season.
My take is that he made the most of the opportunities presented to him, in the midst of some obvious shortcomings.

At best I think he is a second fiddle forward needing another player of similar stature nearby, to flourish.

A bit like the Roughhead / Franklin combination at Hawthorn.
I don't think I need to outline which one Duldig is in this analogy.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:56 pm

I presume there will be a new 'ladder' soon, but I'd say West and North might drop a bit and Glenelg might rise a bit, based on the first trials.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Adelaide Ace wrote:BLOODY GOOD BLOKE, IF HE HAS DONE IT B4 HE CAN DO IT AGAIN, SIMPLE REALLY Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

AA

No need to yell. Try lower case when posting.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Teams : Eagles
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down